[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best time to leave for a 6-hour road trip? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: nightdrive.jpg (290KB, 1019x1024px) Image search: [Google]
nightdrive.jpg
290KB, 1019x1024px
What's the best time to leave for a 6-hour road trip? Do you like to travel through the day, overnight or leave early in the morning (around 3-4am)? I'm taking a trip from L.A. to Phoenix next month which is a 6-hour drive, and I want to know how I should do it. Some people I know who've done the drive say to leave early in the morning. But I've been reading from a few places that I should try a night drive to avoid traffic.
>>
>>1185551
Figure out when the worst rush hour is in LA, and get out an hour before that. I'm guessing that means leaving around 3 am. That'll put you in Phoenix around 10am, well last their morning rush hour. Driving towards the rising sun, don't forget your sunglasses.
>>
What day of the week are you leaving? That makes a big difference too. I've done the drive from OC to Phoenix a bunch and we usually leave in the early morning around 8 am. Never encountered any traffic that I can recall.
>>
early in the morning,
Phoenix traffic isn't that bad
>>
>>1185551
That drive is incredibly easy. The worst of it is going to be your own L.A. traffic.

I prefer starting any drive early morning 5-7 myself but like I said just go whenever.
>>
>>1185551
Traffic burns you out, foot on and off the brake, so avoiding it entirely at the beginning of a drive is a good thing. But, your normal sleeping hours matter to your alertness, so take yourself too crazy off your normal schedule. I don't like night driving unless I know the route like the back of my hand. If it's unfamiliar, you'll just add a safety risk to your trip.
>>
>>1185551
When I drive from Canberra to Sydney every few weeks I try to leave at 7-8 in the morning so I can eat a quick breakfast and also have lunch at the Maccas halfway there. I really dislike night driving for long distances.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.