[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm flying with them soon and I've heard a lot of negative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (104KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 1000x500px
I'm flying with them soon and I've heard a lot of negative talk about them. Should I be worried about anything? Is there anything I should prepare beforehand?
>>
>>1185541
bring a parachute?
>>
I'll also be flying with them in two weeks' time. My sister really liked her flight with Spirit and recommends them to everyone, so I'm not too worried. It's also only like a 1 hour flight so how bad could it really be
>>
>>1185569
Mine is 2 hours 48 minutes. Should I be worried?
>>
>>1185569
It will literally be the worse experience possible that will get you to your destination unharmed

Riding the Chinatown bus is a better experience for comparison
>>
>>1185541
It's a fucking commuter flight on a budget carrier.
You get what you pay for, a seat on a plane with 0 service or extras.

>Do they have the FAA clearance?
Yes
>Do they have to employ pilots with the same licenses and qualifications as every other airline in the US?
Yes
>Do they have a few hundred starts/landings per day?
Yes
>Do they have a shitty track record for being late, canceled flights or missing baggage and horrible customer service?
Yes
>Did you book a ticket there anyway and now ask a taiwanese underwater basket weaving forum if you dun goofed?
Yes and Yes
Bonus round:
>Was OP the cause of their only recorded incident?
Yes, on November 21, 2013, Spirit Airlines flight 404 from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta had to make an emergency landing after a passenger with autism was screaming and throwing objects at passengers. After shouting various threats, the man was removed from the plane by police and the aircraft was evacuated
>>
>>1185635
this

I took them one time to visit family and it was the worst time on a plane I have ever had

t. I have been flying every month or every other moth since I was 5 to visit my dad
>>
It's cheap for a reason. It'll still get you there though.
>>
>>1185541

>Is there anything I should prepare beforehand?

a will
>>
>>1185541
I'm also flying with them soon. How's their safety rating?
>>
Just boarded the plane. Seats feel like fucking rocks and the plane is full of undesirables. At least there's air conditioning.
>>
>>1185541
>I'm flying with them soon and I've heard a lot of negative talk about them. Should I be worried about anything? Is there anything I should prepare beforehand?
If you have any bags whatsoever (ie traveling with more than the shirt on your back), you need to declare it now and pay for it now, online. It will cost more at the ticket counter, and even more than that at the gate. Be prepared to cough up $150 for that bag if you wait. They really define your personal item as a carryon when it's more than a very small item, so be sure you are clear about those dimensions and that you need additional money to fly them. No free anything, not even a coke.
https://www.spirit.com/OptionalServices?_ga=1.52646248.1595305165.1480181294

Depending where you travel from or to, there could be a poor history of on time performance or flight cancellations, and there is no backup plane that will come an hour late, like with the big carriers. You could be stuck paying for a night of hotel.

Those are the big 3 problems with spirit: bag fees, unexpected cancellations, no free drinks. The other big issue is the clientele around you. Only the really stupid travelers roll the dice to fly Spirit when they can get that true carryon for free on the other carriers, so who buys Spirit tickets? People that just got out of jail, or who have zero travel experience (the very poorest of people), so expect the clientele to be equivalent to greyhound passengers, those who don't know fat people need 2nd tickets, or that showering is considered polite before squeezing in next to other humans, very sick people, young very cheap people, etc. Its not very pleasant. It's like a freak show. Anyone who has ever been on a plane that they bought the tickets, even once or twice, doesn't pick Spirit after getting burned on that "give me that bag" nonsense at the gate, and charge you $150 to check it. Or dishing out money to get a drink onboard.

Flight crews= lower pay, but qualified.
>>
>>1185670
<---Google.com

But all modern airlines are pretty fucking safe. Their issue sis not safety, it is that the experience of flying with them is not great.

But, you aren't flying with them for the experience, you are flying with them to get there, cheap.
>>
>>1185683

This. NOBODY flies spirit more than once. They get anally fisted and decide to cough up the extra $10 bucks for a ticket and get all the nice shit that comes with flying on an airline that isnt total shit.

The ONLY way spirit is worth it is if you are traveling with nothing at all. And the ticket is over like $35 cheaper than the next highest, because thats about what they will charge you in hidden fees. Usually it works out to saving less than $5 with spirit. If subjecting yourself to the living hell that spirit has a found to bring into our mortal dimension over $5 is worth it for you, then yeah, go for it bro.
>>
>>1185541
In terms of safety, they're not any more unsafe than the other major airlines.

But they are a budget airline, so you should be prepared for what comes along with that. There will be a lot of non-whites and white trash on board. The seats will probably not be comfortable. You'll likely have to pay for any extras. Flight crew may not be as nice as on some other airlines since they're likely overworked and underpaid.

But I assume you don't care about that stuff and only care about getting to your destination cheaply, which is what Spirit will do.
>>
>>1185677
Its literally only a matter of time until that shit becomes an extra if people keep flying them
>>
>>1185541
if you're flying first with them, don't make connecting flights with other airlines. they're always late departing and arriving anywhere
>>
meme airline
>>
>>1186110
well memed, good sir.
>>
>>1185541
>Is there anything I should prepare beforehand?
Your will.
>>
>>1185541
They're shit. Expect to pay 50 dollars to bring a bag that isn't a purse and an extra 30 to have a seat. Your plane will delayed by at least 2 hours. It will be packed to capacity and probably more. The entire plane is made out of uncomfortable plastic even the seats. I hope you have short legs and a tolerance for multiple people touching you.

Oh yea, and no free drinks or anything. You want a coke or even water? That's 5$ for the coke and 10$ for the water.
>>
These cheap airlines are all the same. Nickle and dime you for every single thing from extra bag, to pillow, to food. Expect delays and no one to really care.

I flew with Scoot recently which is a similar airline and they dead ass told me to stop eating my own food on the flight. I had to solid snake my fucking banh mi because the Gestapo were patrolling the aisles making sure no one was eating food that wasn't sold at 3x the price from them.
>>
>>1185637
Tip toppity kek
>>
>>1185541
I dont know this airline but by the livery I can tell you its a budget carrier and it will be a wasted flying experience.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.