[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I've been planning out a trip and I'd like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Guys I've been planning out a trip and I'd like to hear some feedback:

I want to rent a car in Mexico, and then drive north through the California desert, eventually crossing Canada and Alaska.
Then I'll sell my car in Alaska, take a ferry to Siberia, where I'll cross the tundra via the Trans-Siberian Railway, and back to Moskou.
Then, from Moskou, I'll hitchhike home. (Netherlands)

How realistic is this plan and how long would it take me? What should I take note of?
(If taken into consideration, that I'll be travelling non-stop.)
>>
Also money isn't really a problem
>>
>rent a car in Mexico
>sell it in Alaska

I'd suggest hitchhiking or bussing it to Alaska.
>>
>>1184313

KYUSS STRONK FUCK QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
>>
I can't speak to the Asia and Europe part of you plan.

If money really isn't a problem, you could go to Mexico and buy some type of tough four wheel drive SUV, like a Landrover, Jeep, etc...

This will not be cheap.

You will need it on the Alaska highway and this type of vehicle will have good resale value in Alaska when you get there.

It would not have to be new, but it should be in very good condition and dependable. There will be a lot of places once you get north of the lower 48 where there will not be help.

I would have extra gas and probably tires as well. That part at least is do-able.
>>
>>1184575
Simply true

>>1184353
I've considered hitchhiking but I'd love to have my own ride and cruise around
I'll probably buy some cheap wreck and repair it on the way

>>1184600
How much money are we talking here at minimum?
>>
>>1184601
I made my post because I doubt you can sell a rented car, let alone in another country.
>>
>>1184600
You dont need a 4 wheel drive for any of the Yukon or south east alaska. The roads have vastly imporoved and i just drove through them this fall.

If you go in the winter. Sure SUV, otherwise nah. Also look into renting a car in Mexico, dropping it off in Cali and buying a car in the US since youll also be selling it in the US. Will make it alooot easier for the buyer. Also keep in mind the market for cars in alaska and take that into consideration before picking a car to buy, if theres no demand it wont sell fast. Recommend Subaru if car, or jeep/truck/ something useful.

Hope that helps
>>
>>1184724
Yeah, my fault; I meant in the OP that I'd buy a car in California so I can ride to Alaska in it
>>
>>1184777
Thanks for the info about the roads, I'll definitely buy the car in the USA
>>
>>1184313
>Then, from Moskou, I'll hitchhike home.
have fun dying
>>
Another point is that there is no ferry from Alaska to Russia. OP would have to fly.

Even if somebody were to run a ferry across the Bering Strait, the Russian rail network doesn't come anywhere near there. The farthest east Russian rail service seems to be in Sakhalin, although there are long term plans to run a line out to Magadan.
>>
OP i love you for that pic alone, when i finish my masters my goal is to hike around in tje US and visit Sky valley.
I kinda want to get a pic of me Holding my kyuss lp near tjat sign
Hopefully with my trusty mustang.
The american dream, thanks to gardenia i kind get it.
>>
>>1186296
Vladivostok is also in Russia.... Check the train schedule and prices here:

http://pass.rzd.ru/main-pass/public/en

1st class sleeper around 800 euros from Vladivostok to Moscow.
>>
>>1186314
You write that as if it somehow contradicts what I wrote. It doesn't.
Vladivostok is further from the Bering Strait than Moscow is from Madrid.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.