[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm probably gonna leave the US next spring and just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 0

So I'm probably gonna leave the US next spring and just waddle around Europe(Germany, France, idk) and maybe Turkey (Istanbul) or Egypt (Cairo). I have very little money and have no idea what I'm doing. Has anyone here done anything like this?
>>
>>1183186

>Has anyone here done anything like this?

Yeah, I've been traveling before.

Do you have a question or anything?
>>
>>1183186
I did it in Peru then had to go back home after a month because I also had very little money. The more you save, the longer you can travel and you have plenty of time to save 1-2k at least. Keep in mind where you're planning to go is more expensive than Peru (not sure about costs in Cairo desu)
>>
>>1183213
How do I effectively save money while traveling? Can I couch surf? Can I find random jobs in random cities so I can get some money?
>>
>>1183223
I live in California, so literally anywhere but here is better as far as cost of living. And that's the biggest issue for me.
>>
>when [r9k] visits another board

Just don't bring your piss jugs in the plane
>>
>>1183241
Why /r9k/
>>
>>1183245
>posts a pepe as OP pic
>has obviously no idea about anything that's outside a basement

Just a hunch
>>
>>1183248
I've been to other countries, but only with family. Going by yourself and not wanting to do the whole "typical American tourist" thing is completely different.
>>
>>1183230
>How do I effectively save money while traveling?
Hostels, Megabus, Eurail Pass. Or if you're hardcore, stealth camping and hitchhiking

>Can I couch surf
Yes, and google HelpX and wwoofing

>Can I find random jobs in random cities
Yes, but you'll risk deportation and a permanent ban from the EU. Are Mexicans allowed to do this in America? Google 'working holiday visa Australia/NZ' if you want to work.

Waddling around is the best way to travel Europe. You're gonna have a blast.
>>
>>1183186
Make sure to have enough money so that you don't end up in a country and not have enough for a flight back.

If you want to do super cheap you better be very outgoing, that way you can do hitchhiking, ask people if you can sleep at their place, do the whole couchsurf thing. Europe is expensive though. If you really don't have much money maybe go somewhere cheaper for now m8. Central America is amazing and super cheap for Americans.
>>
>>1183258
I was thinking Eastern Europe, or is that still expensive?
>>
>>1183253
>google HelpX and wwoofing
Don't forget about workaway, too. My personal favorite
>>
>>1183258
This has to be how some travelers go missing or wind up dead.
>>
>>1183230

Hey bro, in south Portugal there is a town called Lagos which is a big euro party town. You can easily find work in a hostel for free accomodation or work in one of the many bars for cash. I knew a NZ guy working there last summer so you can work for cash with no questions about work visa or lack thereof.

It's quite normie-ish but actually pretty fun. I've worked in hostels there in 2014 and 2016 and next summer I'll probs drive down there in my campervan.
>>
>>1183336
What's your contact info? Might head over, sounds pretty comfy.
>>
>>1183357

wait one anon, I have a throwaway email somewhere, let me just check I still have access

Funnily enough I went on a 4chan holiday with an anon from /k/ last summer too. We met up in UK and then travelled round Portugal and Czech. He was a nice lad, and the whole thing was actually a lot less cringeworthy than you'd expect.
>>
>>1183357

[email protected]

Hey anon use this
>>
>>1183230
Couchsurfing is great, I thoroughly recommend it. And hitchhiking is great too!
>>
Visit during the summer, plan carefully for hostels and buses.

Make use of low-cost airlines as they can be obscenely cheap, like $10-across-Europe cheap. You're looking for RyanAir, WizzAir, EasyJet and a couple of others.

Don't go to Cairo, it's shit. Istanbul is fine.
Western Europe is perfect for you.
Eastern Europe is not mobility scooter-accessible.

Not impossible, and certainly more plausible than a cheap US vacation.

Look into Couchsurfing, start hosting people left and right so you build up your rep and have no trouble getting accepted by people. That'll be of great help in the future when you actually start the trip.
>>
>>1183262
Eastern europe can be dirt cheap! Spent two weeks in ukraine for about 120€ total. Couchsurfed for four nights and spent most others on night trains (with comfy beds).
There is also such a huge amount of stuff to do and things to see tgat you could probably stay there for a month.
Poland is slightly more expensive but worth it, Hungary is very beautiful but almost as expensive as western europe.

Balkans I've heard are top destinations but havent been there myself. Should be cheap as well.
>>
>>1183375
What if I live with my parents and can't host?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.