[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to go to US for the first time for the food,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

I'm planning to go to US for the first time for the food, what state is the best when it comes to food? I would like to go to a place where the food is good and represents US in general. Pls help
>>
>>1183138
Louisiana for the food, ive been to all but 4 states and Louisiana has the best food, but in general the south is where you want to be

sure chicago and New york have good food, but thats just in the city

Texas and Louisiana has the best food in the US
>>
File: boiled-crfawfish.jpg (182KB, 770x512px) Image search: [Google]
boiled-crfawfish.jpg
182KB, 770x512px
>>1183138
oh and for the love of God do not get restaurant boiled crawfish

find a way to get some straight from the bayou, all the restaurant boiled crawfish is FUCKING TRASH

try to find some locals to hang out with and they will take you to heaven with the best food on earth
>>
>>1183164
Thanks for the quick response, what about if I'd like to experience popular chain meals in america such as taco bell or red lobster or the popular street food? Any big city that could capture my appetite?
>>
>>1183185
The chains exist every-fucking-where. And are really unmemorable garbage meant for feeding poor people shit food so they'll die faster.
>>
>>1183192
I see, thanks for the response. What about food trucks? Are they worth it?
>>
>>1183192
fuckin kek
>>
>>1183185

Oh good lord don't cross an ocean to go to Taco Bell and Red Lobster

Actual good fast food in the US:

>Chick-fil-A
>Chipotle
>In-N-Out
>Dairy Queen (desserts only)
>>
>>1183211
Taco Bell is delicious, fast and cheap. Don't be a faggot. There's no reason OP can't pop into Taco Bell some day. Do it, OP. Taco Bell is awesome. Yeah, you can skip the chain family restaurants like Red Lobster. They're not terrible but you can do better for the same price or cheaper.

What's so great about Chick-fil-A? Chipotle is fine, you might as well just go to a good Tex Mex place at that point though.

Anyway, OP, generally speaking the US is so massive and diverse in its regions that it's hard to say what's best. New England down to Maryland for seafood. American Barbecue in Texas or Kansas City is amazing. Just go to Texas. Find some joint with a sticky floor run by some morbidly obese black guy and get some damn brisket. Louisana does have great food but skip Po boys. They're overrated AF.
>>
>>1183211
>>1183414
>All this talk about Texas and neither of these cunts mentions What-a-burger, Jack in the Box, or Popeye's
>Mfw
>>
File: Nighthawks.jpg (14KB, 720x393px) Image search: [Google]
Nighthawks.jpg
14KB, 720x393px
I remember someone on another board mentioning they were from Europe and always wanted to visit an American diner. Denny's I think.

If diners are your thing. I'd recommend Waffle House or IHOP. Denny's is meh.
>>
>Best cuisine america has to offer
>Literally garbage fast food

Wew
>>
>>1183138
>go to US for the first time for the food
>place where the food is good and represents US
US for food are u retarded ???
those pigs don't even know what food means
>>
>>1183138
I've been across the US several times. Best cities in the US for food are:
NYC, NOLA, LA and SF.
The second tier would be:
Austin, Seattle, and Las Vegas (sad, but true). Chicago is a bit of an oasis in a part of the country where the food is pretty much awful.

So for food your best states would be NY, CA and LA, with TX getting an honorable mention.
>>
>>1183414
>Taco Bell is delicious
you must be a German tourist; used to the taste of eating faeces
>>
I agree that the south is the best. In New York and California you're just gonna get hipsterized asian fusion or some "authentic" international cuisine.. Food in the south is distinct, specifically Louisiana and Texas, (I prefer Louisiana bc Cajun food is the shit.) Anywhere around the Gulf of Mexico you'll find good seafood. Basically southern "soul food" is what you're not gonna wanna miss. After that, sure, hit up Cali or NY if you have time.

Also, as far as fast food goes, definitely try the nuggets and a spicy chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a, anything from whataburger, and I personally enjoy Arby's and Checkers/Rally's.

Literally almost anywhere shits on the well-known Mickey D's, BK, and KFC.
>>
>>1183614
Also, if you're in the south, you have to try boiled peanuts if you've never had any.
>>
>>1183425
Neither one of those capture the American diner experience. They're just chain restaurants. Every city in America has their own local diner. Go there and get the local dish.
>>
>>1183597
California sucks for food unless it's healthy vegetarian shit you want.
>>
>>1183614
>New York and California you're just gonna get hipsterized asian fusion or some "authentic" international cuisine
This is deeply untrue in the case of New York. Want Texas style brisket? There are a bunch of places doing it spot on here because the guys went to Texas to learn how to do it. We even have a place that does Carolina style BBQ pork because the guy went down there to learn how to do it right. Other spot on tastes of the South can be found at any decent soul food joint in Harlem or Brooklyn. And as far as Italian American cuisine goes this is pretty much where it started, and some of the original players are still in business. Same is true for Jewish Delis. And steakhouses. There aren't too many places in the country where you can get a steak in a place that's been serving them since the 19th Century. There are several such places in NYC.

Of course the hipster and international stuff is here, too. But there's way more to food in this city than that.
>>
LA native here. While i say NY, chicago and the other big cities have great and diverse food id have to tell you to head to lousiana. Once youve had Cajun youll never go back. Thats some real American cuisine right there.
>>
File: abc_wnn_mix_130604_wg.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
abc_wnn_mix_130604_wg.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
>>1183414
>taco bell is delicious

"no"
>>
>>1183614
hipsterized asian fusion is actually really good
>>
>>1183211
>Chipotle
>In-N-Out
>Dairy Queen (NOT the hot foods)

Jesus you sound like you're from some trashy place like CA

I bet your dumbass pays extra for guac at Chipotle too. North east has best over all food but there are various places through out the US that excellent regional dishes

None of those places are on the west coast though
>>
>>1183622
>>1183813
New York gets so many dishes right that are difficult to find int he US, but the Mexican/South American food is famous for being particularly bad compared to large swathes of the US
>>
>>1183138
Why go there for the food, i was there a few weeks ago and almost had to throw up at most places because it was so greedy.
>>
>>1183814
NYC has tons of excellent Mexican and South American food.

There are neighborhoods with endless Mexican and South American restaurants.
>>
>>1183817
where are you from? American food is basically a meme. People always eat up everything american, including its food
>>
>>1183823
There are a lot of Latinos in NYC. It's one of the few places where you can get a handle on the nuances between Latin Caribbean, Central American, Mexican and South American regional cooking without having to travel. In most neighborhoods you can find a wide variety of Latino food, usually good and often inexpensive. The good Mexican (beyond the upscale joints) is mostly Puebla style. There are places that do bad takes on Tex Mex and Mission burritos, but they're easily avoided.

In my South Brooklyn neighborhood alone within a ten block radius I have Puebla/DF style Mexican, Dominican, Peruvian, Puerto Rican, Cuban and Salvadorian restaurants. The Ecuadorian place just closed, but we have a Pollo Campero (fried chicken chain from Guatemala). Some of these places are proper restaurants, others are more like diners, a few are fast food joints, a couple are taco trucks and some are 24 hour bakeries that also serve breakfast, sandwiches and tacos. Vendors set up on the street seasonally selling fried empenadas and quipe, drinks like tamarandio, horchata and jamaica, Mexican shrimp cocktail, roasted ears or corn rolled in mayo and cheese and soon (with Christmas coming) tamales. There is a serious cuchifritos joint, and good torta sandwiches and Cuban sandwiches are easily obtained. Pollo a la brasa or al horno is everywhere as well.

And my neighborhood isn't even the best in the city for Latin food.
>>
>>1183165
If not restaurant boiled catfish, where?
>>
So much great food across the US. NYC has great food but you can probably find similar options in your country's metro areas. I'd say go to NYC for the food trucks, cheap, big portions, and delicious.

I think for the true American food experience that many foreigners are looking for when they visit here, you should stay at a few nice southern cities (Nashville, New Orleans, Austin, to name a few). Try out all the BBQ, seafood, and plenty of other awesome creations they have to offer within countless quality restaurants.
>>
>>1184699
>Boiled catfish.

Don't make that mistake while here, people will laugh at you and point fingers.

To avoid the mistake, say "crawdad" instead of "crawfish" or "crayfish."
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.