[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question. I want to travel to USA for pleasure. I expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Usa_border.jpg (19KB, 386x260px) Image search: [Google]
Usa_border.jpg
19KB, 386x260px
Simple question.
I want to travel to USA for pleasure. I expect to stay there for around a month.

The thing is I'm from South America and I was wondering if I might have any trouble getting in there.
What kind of stuff USA checks to let you get in?? I've heard it is pretty picky with visas and it might even reject you even with your papers in order.
There's no way I'm wasting a single penny before knowing if I might qualify smoothly.

I'm a middle-class teacher btw, in case that counts for anything.
>>
>>1182356
Requirements vary by country, but if you aren't on the cool list you basically have to demonstrate the monetary means to support yourself while here, and the intention of leaving. The fact you are middle class with a job will probably help.
>>
>>1182358

Ehh they will ask to see my bank account or something???
(btw I consider all this process kind of humiliating)

Also how to show my intentions of leaving?

I need all the necessary information you can give me.
To get the visa I guess I'll get some info, but I wouldn't like to waste money there.
Anyway, my real concern is not getting the visa, but having troubles when I'm already there, since they say in the webpage you might be rejected even with your travel visa in order (which is insane).
>>
>>1182363

Oh and I don't own any properties. No car or house in my name. Is that going to be a problem?
>>
If you have a well paying job, and a return ticket you should be good.

The agents that ask you questions can be jerks, but it's part of their job. I'm from Canada, we don't need visas to get in, but I've still had border agents threaten me about being barred for life if I'm lying.

As other anon said, depends where you're coming from. Pro american country like Chile or Colombia you should be ok, expect trouble as a Venezuelan.
>>
>>1182366

From Argentina.
Guess our current government is pro USA...

Yeah, the money is decent to good and I'll probably have my return ticket.

The thing I'm mostly concerned about is not having anything in my name, really.
>>
>>1182369
Have your return ticket, don't fuck around.

I wouldn't be too worried as an argentinian.

Have whatever sort of teachers union id you can provide to show you have a job, maybe bring a copy of a paycheck.

It's more important having money in the bank than a car or house in your name. It's effectively impossible for you to prove you own a car to an agent.

A good travelers insurance policy helps too.
>>
>>1182372

Thanks! Those are good tips!
>>
Having a job or not doesn't matter, they won't ask you lol

As long as you have a return ticket and you can tell them an address where you're staying while you're there you're fine
>>
Everything written above is incorrect, it's valid for visa-free travelers, but you will need to get visa first. To get visa, you will have to go to the embassy in Buenos Aires (maybe in some other big cities too) in person for an interview. You don't need to buy any air tickets before the interview, and you shouldn't. They will ask you about your travel plans, your job and family. If you don't look like a potential illegal immigrant (for example, young, single, unemployed or working odd jobs for a short period, no previous travel experience to any countries), you will get your visa approved, it will be valid for several years. Applying for the visa costs $160, it is not refundable.
In Argentina your chances are pretty good, more than 90% of people get the visa approved.

Then if you have the visa, you can fly to the U.S., at the border the CBP officer may ask some questions. You should have a return ticket at that point or a good reason for its absense. In my experience at the US border they are pretty talkative, for example they often ask me about my job, which happens in other countries very rarely.
>>
>>1182478

Oh of course I wouldn't buy any ticket before the interview! That would be insane!
Yeah, I believe my chances are pretty good then! Besides I already traveled outside my country so that should be on my side.

So, I will most likely get the visa and at the border I might have to have a little chat with the officers?
It doesn't sound that bad.

Thanks for the info!
>>
>>1182478
>>1182478
>Everything written above is incorrect,

Umm the below that you posted was said above

>They will ask you about your travel plans, your job and family. If you don't look like a potential illegal immigrant (for example, young, single, unemployed or working odd jobs for a short period, no previous travel experience to any countries), you will get your visa approved,
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.