[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone bought Lonely Planet e-books? I did and I got really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lonely-planet-best-in-travel.jpg (160KB, 750x560px) Image search: [Google]
lonely-planet-best-in-travel.jpg
160KB, 750x560px
Has anyone bought Lonely Planet e-books?

I did and I got really pissed off that I couldn't copy addresses out of them because copying text is disabled without the owner password. This meant that I kept having to enlarge the screen on my phone so that I could try and read the foreign language address and then enter that in a dictionary app and then get something that I could copy and paste into maps. It took ten minutes to get an address for a restaurant when it should have taken ten seconds. I wasted so many hours on transcribing addresses in languages that I can't easily read that it's ridiculous.

So I ran pdfcrack on it for a few days and it spat out the owner password.

Did you know that the Lonely Planet Editorial Director is named "T0mHa11"?
Now you do.
>>
That´s one shitty password.
Have a bump.
>>
>>1182336
Wikivoyage not good enough for you?
>>
>>1182484
not OP. But wikivoyage is not good enough. It is too often horribly outdated - and there is no date for you to know it.
>>
>>1182484
>Wikivoyage not good enough for you?
Lonely planet is a good resource for cities, wikivoyage tends to just have a couple of places and like anon said, often outdated.

Lonely Planet is usually better but not being able to copy addresses out of the pdf really sucks.

Also, having a pdf means being able to read it offline on practically any platform. I've often been without data while traveling and it would suck having to find wifi to find out a hostel address. Actually, I've been in cities that were too small or boring for LP to have entries for and I used wikivoyage but had to go find wifi to do it or had to recharge my sim or had to go somewhere else to get signal.

All sorts of things can go wrong if you're relying on having internet.
>>
>>1182487
>>1182504
Huh, I had no idea.
It's served me really well so far
>>
Friendos, pls.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5acfd7b9fc81bf9b46b19b0d0a32f89ae69c71e0&dn=Ultimate+Lonely+Planet+Guides+Collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Not all of them are (close to) the latest edition, but if you do some basic research by yourself, you'll be A-OK.
>>
>>1182541
I hope this is what I hope it is. How do I use this link? I can't technology
>>
>>1182611
Magnet links are basically a torrent file in a url. You just need a torrent client, go get uTorrent.
>>
>>1182541
>Not all of them are (close to) the latest edition, but if you do some basic research by yourself, you'll be A-OK.
OP here

When I started my big trip, I did look at pirated ebooks but the ones I wanted were all 5-10 years out of date and they're not that expensive so I just bought them because up-to-date guide books are way, way better.

Who wants to waste an evening turning up at restaurants that closed years ago or spending hours finding out which hostels are still open in a city because you saved $15 a few months ago? Way easier to just buy the latest guidebook.

That said, the ones I bought weren't really updated, just the biggest cities had been re-visited and everything else was cut&pasted from older guide books so I felt a bit ripped off.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.