[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to move to Maine sometime in the near future. Currently,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: url.png (146KB, 2279x2000px) Image search: [Google]
url.png
146KB, 2279x2000px
I would like to move to Maine sometime in the near future. Currently, I am living in DC. Can anyone tell me the generally vibe of Maine? This may include the way people are, the culture, coolest places to live, etc. Thanks.
>>
>Wanting to live in Maine

there's a reason Stephen King makes all his most famous stories set there. It's well known to be both creepy as shit and haunted to fuck.
>>
>>1182118
Mainer here; can confirm as haunted.
Vibe in some areas is probably more rural and redneckish than you're comfortable with coming from the swamps of the Potomac. Some townships are inhabited mostly by hippies, artists, and summer people -- those are tolerable I guess, good places to raise kids. Then you get places like Rockland and Bar Harbor, where out-of-staters are literally buying up entire streets of houses to rent out to summer tourists. The remaining locals live in homeless camps and ghettos. Avoid.
>>
people that hate outsiders being driven from their homes by people who are fairly similar. everything is Maine is either extremely expensive or cheaper than you'd expect in New England, but living there would burn through money.
>>
>>1182118
>haunted to fuck.

For those of us over the age of 12 who don't believe in spoooooopy ghosts?

>>1182124
>places like Rockland and Bar Harbor, where out-of-staters are literally buying up entire streets of houses to rent out to summer tourists. The remaining locals live in homeless camps and ghettos. Avoid.

Feels bad man.

>>1182132

That's surprising. Why is Maine so expensive? It seems like rural bumfuck.
>>
>>1182124

I love Bar Harbor :(
>>
Mainards prepare your anusi.
Now that pot is legal you are young to have a HUGE influx of hipsters.
>>
>>1182164

Eh, ever since hiking has become hipster/mainstream all of the best states are overrun. Montana and Wyoming are pretty much the only ones left.
>>
>>1182164
this
>>
>>1182154
Oh I do too; I live here.
I just hear old folks talk about the way things used to be in this town, before we got >3 million tourists each year, and I get bummed.
>>
>>1182164
It's too late. We've lost Portland.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.