[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off to Oslo on Thursday night, will be staying until Monday afternoon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Oslo.jpg (134KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
Oslo.jpg
134KB, 900x676px
Off to Oslo on Thursday night, will be staying until Monday afternoon. Can anyone recommend some things to do other than viking ship museum? Going to see two metal shows on saturday and sunday night, any good metal bars/shops and general interesting history/sightseeing/nature?
>>
Im not too familiar in Oslo but im norwegian but from what iv heard of bars (if they still are open): Kniven, Elm Street (maybe closed), Cafe Fiasko.

For other activities i guess the Wergelands park can be a nice place, maybe more during summer but google it and have a look.

Another common turist attraction is the kings castle in the end of the main walking street in centrum area, Karl Johans gate (street).
>>
Rock in, Kniven are good rock/metal bars. Neseblod records in Schweigaardsgate is a historically interesting metal shop. The folk museum (folkemuseet) might be interesting, Vigeland park is obligatory place to visit. Stay aaway from Karl johans gate (Except rock in in a side street) rather go to youngstorget/torggata and Grunerlokka.
>>
>>1181934

Theres some weird black metal tourist sites, but I dont know much about that. Other than that, I fucking love Oslo, one of the greatest cities.

Check out the Vigeland park, Tjuvholmen for modern architecture, Vulkan food hall, Crow Bar brewery in Torggata, Tim Wendelboe for coffee, Torggata for kebabs etc.

Anything else youre interested in let me know
>>
>>1181934
Last time I travelled Europe I looked up the 'Metal travel Guide' website. Some links were outdated, but overall I found it quite helpful.
>>
>>1181979
Sounds cool, will have a look. Is it really as expensive there as they say? I've been to Trondheim a few times and it wasn't too crazy
>>
>>1182262
>Is it really as expensive there as they say?
Nah, not anymore. The value of the currency dropped with the price of oil. It's cheaper than a lot of other European countries. And fast food is generally cheaper here than in Trondheim, I think. I lived there for a year and remember being outraged about the expensive kebab.
I'm not the guy you replied to, btw. But I do live in Oslo.
>>
>>1182274
Brexit fucked my currency though, so 100NOK has gone from roughly £8 to £10 so everything is like 20% more expensive. How much on average in NOK for a pint? Don't drink spirits anymore or would bring a bottle from duty free
>>
File: IMG_20161118_033035048.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_033035048.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Ended up drinking til 6am so today had been a wash, shopping and cooking, but found there's a good show fobight. Was unwell when Vorum played in England. Will try and see some things tomorrow
>>
>>1182758
How much did the beer cost?
I'm genuinely curious. I've only been out a couple of times despite having lived here for years.
>>
>>1182874
On Thursday it was 47 NOK for 500ml. But that was an early in the week deal. I can't remember how much a pint was at the gig yesterday I only had one there and some beers from the shop after.
>>
>>1181934
I'm going to Oslo/Norway in three weeks for three weeks. There doesn't seem much to do in the depths of winter, any ideas? Also are the hikes closed closed or can people with adequate gear do them? >Going to rail my on off Norwegian gf the whole time
>>
>>1181934
Check out Grunerlokka. Just go there and eat during the day or search up the night life.
Maridalen and Nordmarka (northern forests) is great during these times (optimal in january/february).
>>
>>1183224
There are tons of trails for cross country skiing that are easily accessible by public transport.

There is also an old bob sleigh track that is now a regular sleigh track (korketrekkeren). Also easily accessible using the metro. You can take your sleigh up a station on the metro, then sleigh down for 15 minutes, then take the metro back up, etc. And there is a ski resort (Tryvann) that is also accessible by public transport. All these things are in zone 1 of the public transport network.

In general I think you're allowed to go wherever you want in Norway, unless it's very close to where people live and/or clearly fenced off. But it's frowned upon to walk in the ski tracks, I think.
>>
>>1183952
>But it's frowned upon to walk in the ski tracks, I think.
It's not a problem but I wouldn't see why you would do it. I live in Oslo and there are plenty of areas that goes past the ski resort that is great for hiking. There are also several huts that serve food and something warm to drink. It's pretty cosy with a fire place and decorated in a pretty /out/ way. There's usually a lot of people going to them because they're pretty popular for people living in Oslo.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.