[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I have mainly 3 countries I want to visit at some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: qt VC.jpg (33KB, 400x546px) Image search: [Google]
qt VC.jpg
33KB, 400x546px
Hey /trv/, I have mainly 3 countries I want to visit at some point,
one is Vietnam.

I'm already having a shit time learning Japanese, will I be able to survive in Vietnam while only speaking English? I don't know how well known English is there. Should I at least learn shit like Hi and Y/N?
>>
>>1181410
Of course learn basic words like Yes/No, you should do that visiting every country. I wouldn't even try learning a significant amount of Vietnamese though, it's one of the toughest languages out there to learn for an English speaker.
>>
>>1181411
Roger that, thanks.
>>
>>1181410
take a smartphone with translator app.
>>
>>1181410
The average Vietnamese won't speak English for shit.
The young might know a couple of words or two that they learn at school.

In tourist areas and in hotels, you'll find people speaking English no problem.

Learn the basic toolkit : hi, bye, Y/N, where is..., who is..., I want to go..., where are the loos, how much is this...
It will take you 1 day to master these and you're good to go. Especially since Vietnamese use a latin alphabet.
>>
>>1181430
english to vietnamese apps are horrendous,

I guess learning how to speak viet is quite easy if you can get intonations pronounced correctly or else its a completely different word. Its not very much like Japanese where its monotonous.
Good to learn basic shit for survival of course
>>
Vietnamese here dude. If you only want to visit big city then fine but if you want to go to the countryside then don't.
>>
>>1181410
>will I be able to survive while only speaking English
yes
>Should I learn shit like hi and y/n
no, don't bother with that. you won't want to go back, it's the worst country on the planet. Relatively safe and the scenery is beautiful when you get out of the cities, but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Go there and you'll know what I'm talking about and why it only has a 5% return rate vs Thailand's 20ish%.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.