[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Stockholm for 2 days. What are "must visit"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0

Going to Stockholm for 2 days. What are "must visit" tier places in this city ? Is there anything that less people visit but that are really nice and better than the must visit monuments ?

Since I'm going there with my gf, is there a nice place to eat ? I heard Sweden food is terrible.
>>
>>1181267
>I heard Sweden food is terrible.

Not Swedish meatball's though.

Also, check out that one 400-year-old shipwreck in Stockholm that they recovered almost intact because it was preserved in icy water for all those years. Pretty epic site once you see it.
>>
>>1181267
>I heard Sweden food is terrible.

Well then you are misinformed dear Anon. Try Pelikan, Tennstopet, Tradition, Tranan and Kvarnen for traditional swedish food, Aifur and Sjätte tunnan for viking food, Flippin Burgers, Phil's Burgers and Gnarly Burgers for...well burgers, and of course Svejk for czech food. The Vasa Museum is a must, and then the old town.
>>
>>1181376
And the motherfucking archipellago ofc
>>
>>1181267
>Stockholm
That's a shitty bureaucrat city. Pretty much any other major city in Sweden is better, even Malmö.
>>
>>1182245
Stockholm has two shows I wanna go to though. Not OP but after Oslo this Thursday to Monday, ill be in Stockholm friday to Sunday after so following for interesting things to do in the day.
>>
>>1182259
What are your interests? This is a kinda shitty time of the year to visit, but I might be able to recommend some things to do.
>>
>>1182483
Metal, cycling, history, beer
>>
>>1181376
Tradition and Pelikan were very nice. Phil's burger was great. I can only think about two burger restaurant as good.

Thx anon.
>>
>>1181267
Must visit? Not sure this time of year, though i'd be sure to visit Livrustkammaren, the museum literally has tons of stuff from medieval europe,. though the museum is rather small and you can get through it fast (on the flipside, you never get to see a fraction of what they have in storage). Nonetheless, id call it a "must see".

In terms of monuments, im not really sure what you're looking for. Already mentioned the palace, there's also Drottningholm (again, youd probably find it very off-season), perhaps gazing at the statue of Charles XII pointing towards Russia might awaken some historical significance?

In terms of museums, Stockholm is home to something like 70 of them which means that you probably have to pick and choose. Thankfully, they also have really good websites where you can pick and choose. I would suggest http://www.visitstockholm.com/en/

Stockholm has tons of great food, what you've heard is bullshit. It might be a relatively small town, but pound for pound, the Scandinavian cities are probably the best in the business. Shilling done.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.