[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Traveling to middle east What should i bring, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: download (7).jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>Traveling to middle east
What should i bring, where should i go etc
>>
Stay away from the airports
>>
Wear a red target on your back, so we can find you
>>
>>1180835
Why i heard that they are the safest place to be
>>1180836
Do they sell burkas with them
>Female blode 23
>>
Go to the Allah Akbar land
>>
>>1180839
>>1180839
Are you a fan of isis
>>
how do i join isis
>>
>>1180840
I believe that isis is the saviour of mankind
>>
>>1180842
Kill all the infidels and gas the kikes
>>
>>1180834

Bring bacon. plenty of bacon.
>>
What the fuck happened to this board?
>>
File: AQMI_Flag.svg.png (112KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
AQMI_Flag.svg.png
112KB, 2000x1333px
>>1181022
This happened
>>
>>1180834
Which countries are you going to?

Middle Eastern food is incredible if you know where to go, especially Lebanese food.
>>
>/trv/ approved top-tier countries:
Oman, Jordan, Iran
>countries not to visit:
Yemen, Syria, Iraq
>countries worth visiting but whose safety we always argue about
Lebanon, Egypt, Kurdistan
>>
>>1180834
>what should I bring
lots of knives in your checked luggage and hide them in random spots on your person. also bodyguards.

>where should I go
Jordan and Iran are probably the safest places right now.
For travel advisories check: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>1181221
>implying kurdistan being a country
>>
>>1181999
Wait till the smoke clears, they'll get their recognition from the West, if not from Turkey
>>
>>1182002
You have been waiting for that smoke to clear for 100 years lmao dumb pawns.
>>
>>1180834
The Mideast is a big place buddy. What exactly do you want to see? Don't be that faggot OP who creates a thread and then just leaves. Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine and Iran are for the most part safe. I don't know much about Kurdistan, but I know several people who went there and they had no problems. What to bring, well, if you're going around now, the Levant gets surprisingly cold in winter. Around 5C in Beirut and snow in Amman. Don't pack shorts.
>>
>>1181221
Lebanon is safe though. Went there this spring. Just don't go close to any of the borders.
>>
I went to Kurdistan, it was cool and a strange blend of super-modern and 3rd world. Locals were friendly and a few times would randomly buy me food in the street and say they were happy to see foreigners in Kurdistan.

Generally on the streets I'd be walking thru big crowds and it was like I wasn't there despite being a huge white dude towering over the locals, never got hassled or people try to sell me stuff etc.

It made me laugh how you'd see the most random things written in english when driving around the place.

Last but not least...... Wild Tiger energy drink. I love this shit, it's great. If I go again I'll bring back a case.
>>
>>1183003

Oh yeah, it's a bit strange at first but after a month of being in the ME I firmly believe squat toilets and the ass-hose are a far better form of toilet than western style with TP
>>
>>1181221
Yess going to Iran and Jordan next summer
>>
>>1183004
I'm curious. How do you dry yourself off after using the hose?
>>
>>1183054
this -- and don't you get nasty shit-water running down your legs into your shoes?
>>
>>1183054

I didn't bother, it's so hot there in summer you dry within a few mins anyway.

>>1183067

No you just pour the water from the hose/jug down your back. If you have a good squat on, your ass is the lowest point anyway so it will just run off your ass.

The first few days I literally took my trousers and underwear off to take a shit, but after a few times you work out a good technique. I had dysentery for about a week (the proper bloody shit kind) and even fucked up with that managed to assume the position fine and do the deed.
>>
>>1183069
Thanks, next question -- what am I doing wrong when I try to flush?
First I pour a bucket of water into the hole, nothing happens.
Next I pour again, aiming directly for the poop, nothing happens.
Finally I pack and run out of the hotel, leaving an extra big tip for the cleaning lady, and knowing I can never return there
>>
>>1183118

Well senpai I found that most "nice" toilets in hotels etc, had an actual cistern and flusher. So you wash up with the ass hose and then flush as per normal.

Some of the more dodgy toilets in the countryside etc, I had the same problem. They just seem to be a shitty design (no pun intended). I just used to empty a jug of water down the hole as fast as possible to try and get the momentum building up. Honestly tho, some of them just seem fucked.

After a month or so I actually got to the point where I'd choose to use the squat toilets even when a choice was available in a big mall or airport etc.
>>
>>1180838
>female blonde
Prepare your anus.
>>
>>1181221

>egypt
>unsafe

maybe if you're a scandanavian woman lmao
>>
>>1183437
My point exactly.
>>
>>1180834
Buttplugs.

Many.
>>
>>1181221
So where do Qatar, UAE, and Bahrain fall?
>>
>>1184226
Qatar and UAE are safe, Bahrain can be unstable politically, don't know the situation there right now. There's fuck all to see in all three though.
>>
>>1184426
Bahrain is underrated. Political situation doesn't effect tourists at all. Bahrain has its share of tourist attractions. The forts, the Tree of Life, the burial mounds, the bohemian Adliya neighborhood, the souq, it has pretty good food and nightlife , as well.

>>1184226
This was sort of a trick question, as I have been to all 3, I say sort of because I was also genuinely curious why these three were not mentioned in the above rating
>>
>>1184431
But would you not say these are by far the least interesting countries in the Middle East? I haven't been but I feel justified in the assumption.
>>
>>1184431
>Bahrain is underrated.
I guess they all are to a certain extent, I feel especially UAE has an undeserved bad reputation just because Dubai and Abu Dhabi has no sights or culture, after all there are five other emirates there that people know squat about. At a glance I can forgive people for not seeing anything worthwhile there though.

I haven't been to any of these countries, I only know them from reading travel stuff. Only one I can think of that legit has nothing of interest is Kuwait. A skyscraper, water towers, an island that may or may not be off limits, a ridge and oil wells. No one I know who went there was impressed or want's to go back.
>>
>>1184434
No. I wouldn't say that. As a matter of UAE is behind only behind Saudi for tourist arrivals in the region, and it's only number one because of Mecca. It just gets /trv/ hate, (historically mostly based around their use of labor, and only recently has the /trv/ narrative changed to no culture) But it's one of the top tourist destinations for a reason. Bahrain, I honestly never heard of it before I worked there, and almost all of its tourists come from other Gulf States, but I have noticed from other expats that have been there they always come back for visits/vacations. I think of Manama as like Dubai lite, a more grounded and "real" version of its neighbor, but still very open for Westerners. Yeah, I guess I can't speak much for Qatar that you can't do elsewhere, but there is enough to do if you find yourself there for business or work and have a great time. I see no reason for Qatar to be a destination in of itself, people from Qatar vacation in Bahrain, and UAE.
>>
>>1183054
Most places will still have toilet paper wherever you go, unless you are way off the track. I honestly never encountered a bathroom without toilet paper in my ME travels, and the water hose is god-tier.

I had more problem finding toilet paper in places when I was in the Isaan region of Thailand. Encountered more places without it than with it. Even in Udon Thani, the largest city in the region, in a public bathroom at a market within walking distance of Central Plaza, off a main road, perfectly modern bathroom, regular toilets and hose, no toilet paper. Though, I ate local food and didn't have a solid shit the whole time I was in that part of Thailand, so maybe paper isn't necessary there
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.