[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isolated Living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: map2[1].jpg (210KB, 1200x778px) Image search: [Google]
map2[1].jpg
210KB, 1200x778px
I am a male-to-female transgender person and I would for somebody to relocate somewhere in the world with my soon to be husband where we could live in isolation yet not completely cut off from civilization. Our dream is to find somewhere we could live in peace and find peace within nature. We want to grow our own food and supply our own electricity. We want to form our own band or tribe as we have a few close personal friends interested in joining us.

Where would a good place be to accomplish this? I heard Canada somewhere between the frozen Inuit lands and the metropolitan areas were ripe for this, but is that really the case? Should we be looking for our peaceful isolated existence elsewhere?

Now sure if /trv/ is the right board for this, but I may try /int/ later.
>>
>>1180816
Also, I'm sorry for bring my gender identity into this, but I figured I might as well as this may become a factor in where we relocate to. I heard Canada doesn't really have that much of a problem, but nothing is set in stone yet according to location. In the first line of my initial post I meant to say my soon to be husband and I. The word arrangement got a little messed up.
>>
>>1180817
Canadian here. I know a female to mail tranny here and all he does is bitch every single day about how nobody accepts him or understands him. Maybe this isnt the place for you.
>>
>>1180826
But if they plan to live away from people. Would this still apply to OP?
>>
>>1180828
>>1180828
I mean he could live anywhere first world if he doesn't want to interact with anybody outside his circle. I live in BC and its pretty liberal so if he OP picked northern BC she might be ok. Alberta and Saskathewan are rednecks and they wont like you. Another option could be the maritimes, people are very nice in that part of canada.
>>
>>1180816
So how exactly are you going to get Canadian residency? We only allow skilled people a chance to earn that privilege and even then, it's pretty selective. I know moving to Canada is pretty en vogue right now but we don't just let anyone live here because they want to play mountain man..
>>
File: 1473571125484.jpg (35KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1473571125484.jpg
35KB, 460x345px
>>1180833
this desu, unless you're a rich job creator or my Korean gf we're full
>>
>>1180816
move to finland
>>
>>1180829
>Another option could be the maritimes, people are very nice in that part of canada.
Noticed in Nova Scotia there are quite a few B&Bs for sale, just so owners can find a new locale. It's kind of a thing where they do something for about 10 years and then a different clime to explore. Very affordable, and it's always a day's drive to the city. It'd be a decent family business to run together, or even only seasonally run. You're also a ferry ride and quick jaunt into friendly new england and the bigger cities for more sophisticated fun.
>>
File: jGdbC58.jpg (2MB, 2881x3842px) Image search: [Google]
jGdbC58.jpg
2MB, 2881x3842px
I dont think it's good for anyone to have that much isolation. Provided you grow most of your own food etc. Farmers arent rly accustomed to yout kind of changes.
I think you just have to read up on the matter. Sounds like another one of those "If we were alone and nobdy cared". It wont happen. I can t imagine anyone here being in the same suit as you and have actually done it. Do the research.
>>
>>1180826
>a female to mail tranny
He's pushing the gender fluidity envelope
>>
>>1180892
lold
>>
>>1180816
the more rural the area the more hostile towards foreign or anything unusual

But there are exceptions. Scandinavian nations are quite liberal and got a lot of space. I guess this might be your best bet.
>>
File: canadian shield.jpg (88KB, 550x436px) Image search: [Google]
canadian shield.jpg
88KB, 550x436px
a lot of canada is shield which is pretty much just exposed or partially exposed rock, which is horrible for farming. so going between the tundra and civilization may not be the best idea in every area in canada
>>
there are communities of belgian/dutch/french hippies living in the Alentejo region of Portugal, which is a very beautiful and empty part of the country, doing exactly what you want to do, growing their own food and building houses. They're technically squatting and illegally holding land, but no one cares
>>
File: 0505220038.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0505220038.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
I used to live and really liked this region:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kootenays

pretty spread out and sparsely populated but it has towns with enough amenities. You get very solid seasons and the potential to grow food decently probably exists
>>
>>1181153
>the more rural the area the more hostile towards foreign or anything unusual

Canadian here, born and raised in a big city (Vancouver) but living rural now. This is largely nonsense. Yeah, maybe in some shitty little farm towns in the prairies but in the true boonies, people are too spread out to care, and there are lots of "different" types who move out to the middle of nowhere to escape society. If you're respectful and friendly people will treat you very well in most places regardless of your orientation or gender identity.

Having said that, don't expect worldly types and it's best to keep more radical ideas to yourself unless you're confident the other people are open-minded. But no, you won't be treated badly or harassed if you treat people kindly.
>>
>>1182324
Very liberal, too. Rossland is a gem and Nelson is a seriously awesome centre to be based out of. If there were jobs in my field out there, I'd move in a heartbeat. Even Castlegar has a pride parade from what I remember.
>>
>>1180849
fuck off we're full
>>
File: Picture 056.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 056.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>1182390
I went to high school for a bit in Rossland. Fucking gorgeous little town
>>
>>1182637
beautiful power lines everywhere...
>>
>>1180892
nice
>>
>>1182324
fuck off we're full
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.