[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw traveled lots of over the last four years >lost track

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

>tfw traveled lots of over the last four years
>lost track of some of my priorities
>2 months left on a five-month trip
>been deathly ill for a week
>just fucking want to go home
>don't have enough money to pay the $250 change fee plus whatever the difference in fare is

What do, senpaitachi? My budget is gone, my bank account is nearly empty (I won't run out - I have a low static income), I'm sick, and my enthusiasm for travel is sapped. Part of me is enjoying sitting around my hostel for a week, watching movies, and not talking to anybody.

All I can think about is the big forests back home, safe-to-eat food, my pets, and my family.

I don't know what's up with me. I've never gotten homesick on a trip before - ever.

Had a lot of fun for my first couple months but now I'm just over it. While I haven't given up on travel as a whole and still have plans for a couple weeks in Mexico and southeast Africa in 2017, I'm just depressed at the moment.

Don't mean to whine, but I'm sure other long-term /trv/elers have been through this. What did you do to pick yourselves back up?
>>
>>1180572
You're overdosing. When it happened to me, I just stopped visiting and doing travely shit and kicked back at the hostel, and going to cinema.

Believe me or not, cinema helped a lot with those big noisy American movies because you're completely cut off of your local environment. It worked wonder with me.

I'm not even American, yet western movies were enough to cheer me up already.
>>
>>1180574

I think it could be a combination of that and me being sick.

I don't know. I've never had a "travel overdose" before, and I've been in worse situations than the one I'm in now. All the plans and enthusiasm I had last week have vanished down the drain. Instead of considering where I might go once I'm better, I'm researching campsites in my home state and imagining motorcycling Alaska, stopping at roadside bars, and eating hamburgers.

Right now I'm in a developing country and am just sick of all the noise and pollution and spitting and smoking and dust. Where I live in the USA isn't too exciting and I'd probably be bored off my rocker there, but at least I could go into the woods and have a bit of privacy, work and earn real money, and not have to think twice before eating food from an ordinary restaurant.

Dunno, m8. Sorry again to rant. People are probably gonna make fun of me but it's okay. I've never felt this way and being stuck in bed is just amplifying it.
>>
It happens. We all go through it in one form or another. Doesn't even have to be travel related. I call it a rut. You're in a rut right now. It will go in due time. Wish I had better advice, but I don't.
>>
>>1180575
>>1180574 here again

My overdose didn't come during my longest or hardest travel. It just popped up because I was lower in energy or maybe burnt out after so many overall travels.
I really wished too to keep traveling, but just fucking somewhere cold and quiet instead (I was in a 1/3 world hot as balls country as well).

Up and downs to me had a one to two-month long period. Force through and know that your mood will lift up at some point, focus on that, it helps.

Don't be sorry anon. It's a common thing, especially for immigrants or expats. After a couple of years abroad, many sort of idealize home and despize the country they're in periodically.

Coming back home in this condition is a bit bitter sweet actually. Thing is, on short term, you'll enjoy far more things that if you came back with your spirit already focused to leaving for traveling somewhere else.
However, I did that and got bored out of my mind after 6 months and left again : there wasn't enough things to do, and honest to God I had trouble to connect with people who do not travel (I was very quickly bored with them, like I was fully sperging out).

I know that may sound like some tumblr bullshit, but if you travel long enough, you never really feel home/at peace anywhere.

Other things to reduce the pressure temporarily :
- enjoy something in the country that you cannot do back home : like in Cambodia, enjoy a fairly priced massage and do stupid BS on a motorbike or something,
- go to the countryside : developing countries cities are way too noisy and overwhelming, getting to a place where you don't have to speak to anyone (especially broken English) and be by yourself is great,
- hang out with other foreigners : there is a reason immigrants stick together.
>>
I was going to suggest a massage, but another anon mentioned it, so let me raise with a prostitute.

But first just try to get better again, you may feel overdosed/burned out because you're sick.

Where are you exactly, btw?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.