[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate traveling with others and prefer to travel by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1478378639861.gif (2MB, 449x420px) Image search: [Google]
1478378639861.gif
2MB, 449x420px
Anyone else hate traveling with others and prefer to travel by yourself?
Currently touring with 3 other people and they wanted to take a nap...fml
>>
File: 20161022_161155.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_161155.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>go out on your own anyway

I get you, though. I haven't travelled with other people yet, but I can perfectly understand the ramifications of it. Seriously though, if you have local sim cards or any way of communicating, just find each other later or arrange a meeting at X spot at Y time.
>>
>>1180382
I like both. be thankful your buddies are adventurous enough to leave and go do something.

all my friends either waste 100% of their money on alcohol, or are too scared to leave

going solo is probably the most liberating feeling on earth, but I still want to experience some things with other people

that said, I met an ex of mine traveling because her travel partner was smothering the fuck out of her and she needed to break away, so I kinda get it
>>
I agree, I need my time alone and to do my own thing.

My personal favorite is to travel alone, then get a local fling to hang out with and show me around. Works like a charm in every 3rd world country.
>>
>>1180382
I know exactly how you feel.

I had made probably 15 or so big trips alone during the previous year. It's the only way I've traveled before so I thought maybe I'm missing out on something and wanted to travel with other people. I started meeting up and doing things with people from hostels and it was amazing. But the problem was that I would only go out for dinner or check out some sights together for a few hours and then we would part ways. It was nice to meet knew people because we'd always have tons of things to talk about so it never got boring with them.

However, I recently did a 2 week trip with a friend and it was pure misery. I couldn't see anything, buy anything, eat anything because they were too afraid to spend any money at all. It was so annoying to the point that we could only visit supermarkets and eat bread and cheese everyday even though we had cheap local restaurants all around us. I always bring a day backpack but this idiot wanted to go grocery shopping every day without his so I was left to carry hit shit all the time. Also he leeched my water and refused to buy his own so naturally I'm out in a few hours. I also couldn't visit sites or do anything because they didn't want to pay for the metro to get there or the small entrance fee. They also wanted to sleep until noon every day which pissed me off. Another thing that made me had enough bullshit is that they would get bitchy and mad when I suggest to do something they weren't into. I fucking paid for an excursion somewhere and once we get there I couldn't do anything I planned on because we had to rummage through a trash dump to find local "souvenies"... Also the phrase, "this place is the same as before lets head back to the hostel and drink beers I didn't pay for" was said a lot.

Never again will I not travel solo. That fucker still owes me 100€+ on tickets he "couldn't afford." It's just much easier to travel solo. Less liabilities and more availability to do what you want to do.
>>
>>1180464
I didn't have trouble like this. I had some disagreements and slight edgy moments. At the end of two weeks I just didn't want to deal with that person much. I don't care how good of a friends you are, two weeks solid with anyone other than maybe your wife/spouse can really put stress on that relationship. Minor shit starts to get old. It was nice to have a companion for my first trip out of the States but my next one will be just myself and the girl.
>>
>>1180464
Where did you go by the way? Sounds like they didn't have their shit together at all.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.