[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need discipline in my life and a way to get rid of some torturous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1478453621127.jpg (87KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1478453621127.jpg
87KB, 500x661px
I need discipline in my life and a way to get rid of some torturous thoughts that cause me a lot of suffering.

Are there any zen retreats that allow foreign women in SE Asia?
>>
>>1179865
> Eat, Pray, Love up in this bitch

It's probably a big ass bait, but I'll answer.

Every country accept solo foreign women in SE Asia, maybe Brunei would bother you, and barely.

For a retreat, there are islands cut off from everything in Cambodia (like 2h/day of electricity, no Internet, no mobile network).
Koh Rong used to be like that but apparently, they are not as remote as before (they have internet and are connected to the electric grid now). I guess you can find a similar one along the coast.

Also, Laos anywhere away from the main attractions (Luang Prabang, Vientiane, plain of jars), it's a very peaceful place. I guess you could stay at a buddhist temple. You can expect English from some monks.

Outside of SEA, I actually did some kind of retreat in Taiwan. There is a Christian church in the Taroko gorges which welcomes people doing that (I'm not even Christian, btw). It's in the middle the forest, bordered by some Buddhist temples. In the church square, there is some sort of inn with a Japanese flair. They have Japanese style rolled mattress and rooms with sliding doors to sleep. The innkeeper can make food.
It's incredibly peaceful, quiet, relaxing. Highly recommended.
>>
File: tiansiang-church-taroko-gorge.jpg (647KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
tiansiang-church-taroko-gorge.jpg
647KB, 1200x800px
>>1179896
Picture of the said church in Taiwan.
>>
>>1179865
>that pic
Did I miss a part of that one episode of Black Mirror
>>
File: Church and inn.jpg (464KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
Church and inn.jpg
464KB, 940x627px
>>1179900
Larger shot.
>>
>>1179896
Are they strict? Do they have a firm schedule for things and hours of meditation/prayer?
>>
>>1179975
Buddhist monks ? Yes, they have a quite busy schedule, and it's strict. Howevr, you're not allowed to follow them all day.

You can join them for some specific prayer, but they won't "teach" you much or introduce you to shit, it won't be tourism.
>>
>>1180003
Another guy here. Is it possible to stay in these sort of sanctuaries for a long time? I'm just thinking about if it's possible to stay there for two weeks or so? I'm no believer either but being at piece with oneself and it's surroundings are something I can't experience anywhere except by my parent's place.
>>
>>1180017
There are places better suited for this in India and Nepal, check these out.
>>
Honestly this sort of thing sounds like a job for Ayahuasca. Meditation, and particularly Zen, are limited. Check into retreats in Iquitos, Peru on ayaadvisor.
>>
>>1179865

Try a 10 day vipassana retreat. You'll have what you need there.
>>
>>1180512
My mom went to one in Thailand. She absolutely loved it. She's still a cunt though.
>>
>>1180179
Me and psychedelics don't mix well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.