[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ Need help regarding a tourist trap that scammed me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Top-Motels-South-Beach.jpg (312KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Motels-South-Beach.jpg
312KB, 1600x1200px
Hi /trv/

Need help regarding a tourist trap that scammed me and 3 friends big time in Miami, Florida.

We were lured into this restaurant in Ocean Drive by some waiter who claimed there was a happy hour and showed us a menu. Prices seemed reasonable so we agreed to have dinner there. Little did we know that this was a scam and we didn't check the restauran's ratings on every website out there: 1 star and horrible comments: https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-baguette-miami-beach

So we ordered our 4 happy hours drinks and a dish for sharing for the 4 of us. Everything was fine until we noticed some Italian tourists in the table next to us crying over their bill so we asked to get our bill and it was $500 for the 4 of us and no happy hour.

When we asked about the prices of the drinks, the waiter claimed the happy hour was 8 drinks for the price of 4 instead of 4 drinks for the price of 2. And the exact same dish for sharing that we ordered wasn't really in the menu (BS) so the bill (according to him) was right.

Is there anything I can do about this scam besides giving the restaurant a bad review? Not only I want to pay a fair price but prevent other tourists from falling for this scam.

Thanks in advance /trv/
>>
>>1179669
Forgot to mention that I'm not a U.S citizen or resident.
>>
just leave, they can't afford to call the police and alert all the other patrons to their scam.
>>
>>1179669

Leave immediately. Threaten to ring the police: they are clearly in the wrong here, not you.

If this was earlier, alert the authorities anyway. I'm not sure what the American version of Trading Standards is but they would be all over that shit.
>>
>>1179672
>>1179677
Thanks for your advice. I am back home as this was my last meal before leaving.
>>
First and last bump out of necessity
>>
Sorry that happened, OP.
>>
>>1179669
but you agreed to pay ? that's your problem

i once walked out of a taxi in lima peru without paying because he pretended to understand where i told him to go (i was speaking broken spanish but i know the damn word for bus station) and he took me to literally the other side of that huge city from where i wanted to go

they got you because your a tourist and honestly anybody who's vacationing to the united states is probably rich so i'm sure it was just a drop in the bucket
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.