[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just got back from my second trip to europe went to czech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (862KB, 998x748px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
862KB, 998x748px
So i just got back from my second trip to europe went to czech republic, austria and hungary. My question is why does it take so long to eat at restaurants in Europe? Everytime we went out to a restaraunt the dinner for two people was like 90 mins to 2 hours long. In America it would be like 60 mins top. Never seemed to have this problem in Asia or other countries in the Caribean, Mexico, and Canada. I love food and do enjoy a good dinner but i felt like i was wasting alot of time in the restaraunt when there were other things i wanted to see. Whats the trick getting in out of European restaraunts quicker?
>>
>>1179458
Really? Going out to a nice restaurant is the evening's entertainment for many people. If you want a faster experience go to crappier restaurants. Or eat fast food. I've had meals in Italy and France that lasted three hours. Don't forget that at many of the top restaurants in the States a tasting menu can take 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get through, even in fast paced cities like New York. This is not an unusual thing for a good restaurant. If you're in a rush just hit a place that's much more casual.
>>
Just order a main course and skip starters/dessert
>>
>>1179458
The waiter wants to create a nice atmosphere and give you enough time to talk etc. instead of rushing with the dishes. Especially if they think you are doing business or are a couple. 90 min for a three course menu is pretty standard.

Either order only a main course, or just plainly ask before ordering whether they can recommend something fast for you because you don't have so much time (try not to sound impolite though you uncultured american).
>>
>>1179458
baka
Restaurant experience in America would be much improved if we followed the European way. I hate that I have to eat fast or else I'm considered rude for making the rest wait.
>>
>>1179506
As a follow up, I've found that ordering a small entree or even appetizer solves this problem. I finish my food with the rest, and end up paying less and not getting stuffed
>>
File: gimage_646.jpg.300x1500_q95.jpg (111KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
gimage_646.jpg.300x1500_q95.jpg
111KB, 300x404px
>people OP in the restaurant are nervous
>"don't look at him, dear"
>meanwhile the police enter the place
>search OP
>ask him why he has his stopwatch out
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.