[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If everything goes according to plan, I will be working in Queensland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Australia_Queensland_L3_MISC883.jpg (66KB, 778x463px) Image search: [Google]
Australia_Queensland_L3_MISC883.jpg
66KB, 778x463px
If everything goes according to plan, I will be working in Queensland in a couple months.

I am an American who's travel experience has been a few states around Washington State and Canada. Is there anything I should be aware of or know before I go there? I don't want to show up and be "that American asshole."
>>
>>1178068
Don't:
>Imitate our accent.
>Use lines like"shrimp on the barby".
Thats just general advice for all of Australia. I Don't have Queensland specific advice though.
>>
>>1178068
Just remember that your stay here is temporary and everything will be fine. FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
Which area of Queensland, specifically (it's a pretty big place)? If it's in the Gold Coast metro area in the southeast corner, it's basically the Aussie version of Florida (warm weather, beaches, theme parks, etc.). That part even has a few suburbs named after towns in Florida.
>>
Mate just be a good bloke and you'll be fine, don't know what this cunt >>1178228 is on about if you wanna imitate my accent go ahead I love a bit of banter nothing wrong with it. I spose don't get offended if you get called a yank or whatever, I've met a few of them over here and I've never had to roll my eyes or anything, they seem like normal cunts to me.

One american girl I hated but for the same reason I hate some Australian girls anyway.
>>
>>1178228
Don't ask for a foster's
>>
>>1178068
Australians are really laid back and have a good sense of humour, just try not to be a soft cunt and get offended.

Try to see as much of qld as possible because it's a massive state with a lot of different stuff to sea; surfers paradise, beaches and nightclubs in Gold Coast; loads of national parks and waterfalls and shit to camp and walk around going up the coast, the Great Barrier Reef is cool, the Cape is nice.

Best thing to do is travel up the coast in a van or 4 wheel drive and just do everything.
>>
don't go to dreamworld
>>
>>1178068
Learn the difference between banter and people being outright offensive. If somebody in a pub breaks a bottle and tries to stab you with it, yeah, sure, be offended. If somebody laughingly calls you a "mad cunt" and then slaps you on the back and offers you a beer, read the room. You aren't being offended, you're being accepted.

Most Seppos don't have a problem with that, but a lot of Asian guys do. Also Northern Eurofags too.

As for being that "American Asshole" just don't whine about how great America is, don't put down Australia and don't compare them. Just basic stuff.

Oh, extra fun tidbit, we never seceded. The Queen of England is literally also the Queen of Australia. The royal family are pretty well loved by most people as well. Don't insult them or mention the war of independence if you don't know the people you're with. Sounds pretty weird, but I've actually know people get very upset when somebody calls the royal family a pack of fucktards.

>I did that
>Got a lot of hard looks
>I'm Australian myself
>Barely made it out alive
>>
>>1178068
-don't tip
-Australians are fairly forgiving/easy going I can't imagine anyone giving you a hard time
-SE queensland is where everything is 'going on' theres not much outside of that, at least nothing an american would care about except for nature etc of course.
-the different towns up and down the coast are separated by big stretches of nothing
- It is hot as fuck in summer, if you are not from the south or california or whatever pack light
- invest in mosquito repelant and sunscreen
-qlders in general are very approachable, do not be afraid of playing tourist.
-if you are based in brisbane it is a 30-1hr drive to beaches etc. The beaches in SE Qld/ NE NSW are the best imo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.