[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Taiwan to live for 2 years. Is gutter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: gutter oil.jpg (642KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
gutter oil.jpg
642KB, 2048x1536px
I'm going to Taiwan to live for 2 years. Is gutter oil an issue over there?
>>
>>1177687

Gutter oil is a pretty rare thing, you wont run into it.

1. Its not often 'gutter oil', its normally just recycled oil from various factories where oil is a byproduct, the pics you see of people in gutters are trying to tap the waste produced by these factories, normal waste doesn't contain very much oil at all, it needs to be in high enough quantities for it to be worth collecting.

2. Its very rarely used for cooking, its mainly used in other applications such as lubricants for mechanics in factories. You can buy it in hardware stores normally in small cans.

3. Its only a problem in very poor villages where they import the oil from bigger cities and it gets mispurposed cause they dont know about food standards, this only happens once because the locals get sick too so they stop using it because they get a bad reputation in the village and people stop buying their food.
>>
>>1177696
Oil is oil. If you can cook food in it , you can make any dish.

Even used oil can be heat
>>
>>1178222
thats like saying water is water and it doesnt matter what you bathe with.
>>
>>1178243
Use soap and rinse away
>>
>>1177696
Interesting, anon. Care to share more and where you got this info? Genuinely curious as I saw a movie on it and some of the things you said dont match.
>>
I've lived here for 2 years and I eat street food and local Taiwanese shit at least twice daily. I haven't gotten sick yet.
>>
>>1178311
wow you suddenly seem very informed and unbiased
>>
>>1178314
He's right you know.
>>
File: 1476986484398.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476986484398.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
I lived in Taiwan 2 years, visited 4 times since then

I don't eat the street food

It's a grimy place but I fucking love it. Taipei is my home from home.

Also it's a pussy fest, and I don't mean hookers or girls after your money (a la Thailand). Normal girls just love Western cock and they'll pay for their own drinks / dinner.
>>
>>1178311
Can confirm. Taiwan might be better though.
>>
>>1177687

Question related to Taiwan and Asia, how do you anons do your banking there? do you just accept international money fees that jew you for using ATMs? I am asking about long term living so not just taking cash for 2 weeks, but more like OPs situation.
>>
>>1178409
That was not a /pol/-tier question, yet you asked it in a profoundly /pol/-tier way.
>>
>>1178410

sorry did I trigger you?

>>1178311
also can confirm this for china, not sure about taiwan though
>>
>>1178311
>>1178365
No he's not right. Yeah there are kids pissing and shitting in public but you're implying that adults will just go and take a crap in the corner of an elevator which is just bullshit.

>inb4 video of the intellectually disabled mainlander shitting in a bin in HK
>>
>>1177687
I've been to Taiwan once, one week in Taipei. To me the place seemed relatively clean compared to China. I think the crazy shit that you hear about China generally doesn't apply to Taiwan.
>>
>>1178410
You're grasping at straws dude. I hate /pol/ as much as the next guy but cmon.
>>
As someone who has lived in HK and the mainland for sometime with a few trips to Taiwan on the side, I can tell you that Gutter Oil is much more a Mainland issue.

It's more probable you'll find it in HK rather than Taiwan, just because the geography of Taiwan being an island, is a large factor.
>>
>>1178409

Not op, but used to live in Taiwan 3 years or so.

You have to find the atm's that have english on them. And to be on the safe side, you need to keep a minimum amount like 10K in reserve in case your card gets stolen/erased or the internet goes down. ( This only happened once while Inwas there, but I couldn't get cash and had to do a visa trip)

As far as fees, I had got like 5000 usd reimbursed in local currency and it was a stack like a foot high.

Unrelated, but used to eat at the 24 hr buffets and street food and I never got sick.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.