[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about moving to the UK, Preston area to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: uk-universities-map2016.jpg (153KB, 794x878px) Image search: [Google]
uk-universities-map2016.jpg
153KB, 794x878px
I'm thinking about moving to the UK, Preston area to be exact. How's life there? Does anyone have advices or experiences to share? Is it easy to find a house or jobs?

Also UK general tread
>>
>voluntarily moving to Lancashire
Come to York, mate.

>finding a job
Hard to say. If you want to do underpaid manual labour, you'll find a job in no time. Anything more skilled, and it's going to get tougher. This links into:
>finding a house
Because landlords/agencies here, and I have no idea why, are generally a bit paranoid about whom they rent to. You usually have to prove you either have stable employment (6-month temp contracts might not be accepted), or the money to sustain yourself for a decent amount of time.
>>
>>1177132
Why did you choose Preston?
What work you looking for?

I'd look for jobs first to be honest. Where are you emigrating from? I think most people who move here come for the high wages rather than anything else.
>>
>>1177132
Preston's not great - poor transport infrastructure, gloomy weather, not many attractions to offer in the city at all besides a slew of pubs and clubs. Cheap consumer costs and rent though - and you're quite well-placed to explore the Lake District, the coasts on Lytham and Southport and a lot of hilly terrain on the East Lancashire side.

What is making you consider Preston above all else? What industry are you in/hoping to be in? Honestly, if you're set on the North just move to Manchester instead.
>>
>>1177155
Also, overridden with chavs of all ages
>>
Firstly, where are you from?

If you're not European I wonder how you are going to get the right to live and work here, it's not easy.

That should be your first worry.
>>
>>1177132
>Preston
fuck off paki
>>
>>1177132
I recommend a visit to grimsby arcade
>>
>>1177132
Fuck off you yank prick
>>
>>1177132
you'll find all of those in preston, you'll see a lot of memeing now that you went and asked in /brit/, I would say visit there first and see how you like it.
>>
>Preston
It's a bit shit. Some areas are nice but most of it's shit. Chavs and poverty.

If you get a good job there, you're better off living in Lytham. It's a million miles better than Preston and it's only 30 minutes by car or train from the town centre
>>
>>1177132
Preston? Are you taking the piss?
>>
>>1177144
>>1177155

I'm Italian and have an IT degree. I'm planning to move there because of few friends living there and saying it is nice to live, actually. The fact is that if i don't like the place i'm going to move elsewhere, even if outside of uk, like dublin or other nations.

Been in Manchester, though, i loved that city. Might be an option.

>IT degree
>moving to uk
>"ohh you're italian"
>dishwasher for the rest of my life
>>
>>1177132
Fuck off they're full. Canada is full, Australia is full, Finland is full, Switzerland is full, Germany is full, Israel is full, NZ is full, Ireland is full and so on. We're all fucking full, fuck off and stop taking our jobs you fucking cunt.
>>
>>1177420
ever tried to get one insted of taking dick pics while having clamidia?
>>
>>1177422
Yes, and it pays really well. We're still full.
>>
>>1177132
Preston is a beautiful city, you'll love it!
>>
>>1177418
How is your spoken English?
>>
>>1177418
You do realise the UK is leaving the EU? Do you know how awful and time-consuming visa issues are? It's a massive pain in the arse every time you want your friends or family to visit or want to change employers. This is why joined the EU in the first place but clearly it was too nice to last.

Also, unless you can fake a British accent be prepared for a lifetime of simmering resentment from almost everyone you meet. Although that one is not really unique to the UK.
>>
>>1179167
Don't want to spoil /trv/ with politics, but I think EU freedom to work will be maintained. They simply cannot afford to send away all the Polish manual labourers *and* the highly-skilled European workers at the same time.
>>
>>1179170
Yeah, now that Parliamentary Sovereignty has been maintained I'm very cautiously optimistic that Free market Tories and Labour/SNP will be enough to stop the maniac hard brexiters

On the other hand, hope is a lie
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.