[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Florida from Ohio (doing a 5 day disney thing)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1393620137835.jpg (31KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1393620137835.jpg
31KB, 640x512px
I'm going to Florida from Ohio (doing a 5 day disney thing) what regional businesses should I check out that aren't in the north?

The only ones on my list are waffle house and publix, any other good suggestions?
>>
there's totally waffle houses in the north, just not as many
>>
>>1176765
OP reporting back in, no thanks to you faggots.

Update 1: tried Bojangles while passing through Charlotte, was pretty fucking good, had the baked boneless chicken bites, dirty rice and biscuit, would eat again.

We're staying in Brunswick, GA tonight and will be going to St. Augustine tomorrow on our way to Orlando because I am a massive historyfag. Anybody with inside info, drop me a line about what to see.

Will be updating about Public when we get to one of those, probably tomorrow.
>>
>>1177008

Publix*
>>
>>1177008
Publix is known to have good subs at the deli.

It's a nice place to say in a B&B, but has some sketchy neighborhoods near the historic district, so be careful on the fringes. St. Augustine has a great cemetery with above ground epitaphs to read, where you'll notice plague killed a lot of families at once. Notice the fort is made out of seashell cochina sand. Look at Flager college architecture, each individual Tiffany window is priceless.
https://legacy.flagler.edu/pages/tours
Really the history in the museums should be experienced, not the kitschy old florida tourism ripoffs like Ripleys. The tasting tour or a local to point you to the various evening bars and restaurants is about all there is to do once you've toured downtown. The weather and the snowbirds should be arriving now, so enjoy some live music, some cigar bar and fine rum.
The beach is miles of lovely, as is getting out on the water. There are a few brewery tours now.
http://onlyinjax.com/dining/beaches/
Are you passing through Jacksonville? I like the Millhouse Restaurant there, and it's a must stop whenever I've flying through. Also if I have a rental car, I go to Metro Diner which is worth the little trek if you want some great home cooking or brunch food.
http://www.millhousesteakhouse.com/jacksonville/
>>
>>1177011

Holy shit, flattered by the size of your reply dude, much appreciated. Thanks most for the heads up on the sketchiness, but I'll still figure something out.

Not sure about Jacksonville, it's pretty much just gonna be Orlando till Wednesday, anything non-disney worth doing there?
>>
>>1177009
>Publix
Don't go until you have few options, because they exist absolutely everywhere, hit tripadvisor until you are for sure not going to miss some treasure.

Publix has fantastic prepared salads, from fruit section to the deli section. All the store brands are great, and I think their cola is a better mixer than Coke. The closer you get to S. Florida might get some cuban pastries at the bakery, or jewish chopped liver at the deli.

Florida has a few chicken chains with a latin hispanic edge to the menu, like Chicken Kitchen, Pollo Tropical. Keep your eyes open for them. Great local chain has _____(Millier's) Ale House, So like sub in a local community or suburb in a city, like Orlando Ale House, that kind of thing. Good funky downtown scene in Orlando, off S. Orange Ave. with multiple options for live music each night. Don't get sucked into Disney-fied tourist stuff, hang with locals who like to party instead.
http://www.downtownorlando.com/life/nightlife/#.WBVS6eMrLIU
>>
>>1176765
>>1177008
>Update 1: tried Bojangles while passing through Charlotte, was pretty fucking good, had the baked boneless chicken bites, dirty rice and biscuit, would eat again.

Ha, I came here to suggest Bojangles. That's all I got unless you don't have Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts.
>>
>>1177022

Thanks senpai.

So we're heading to St Augustine to check out the fort and maybe a couple other things. Is this Krystal place worth checking out? Sorta looks like a White Castle.
>>
>>1177173
Krystal is one of my must-stops, as I don't have it in S. Florida where I'm from. I used to actually detour as I connected in ATL (delta hub) every single time, but they closed the one at the end of Concourse A. It's exactly like White Castle. So, craveable, but you know, not awesome or anything but nostalgic and good for what they are. It's a moment of history and delicious if you get takeout and combine with some ice cold beer ;) There's something very nice about little onions, mustard, steamed buns. Their chicken little sandwich, and baby corn pop is good too.
Waffle House has great pecan waffles. Might be worth a quick stop too.
If you're a foodie traveler like I am, you should also post over in /ck, which moves a touch faster than /trv and has some loads of Florida posters I've noticed over the years there.
>>
>>1177022
>Krispy Kreme

Wait for the "Hot Donuts Now" light to be lit, though. Makes a HUGE difference.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.