[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amerifag heading to Ireland for 7 days this winter. Staying in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ireland.jpg (2MB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
ireland.jpg
2MB, 4208x3120px
Amerifag heading to Ireland for 7 days this winter. Staying in Cork City for three. Other four unplanned so far. What should I do?
>>
File: Giants Causeway.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Giants Causeway.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
Take some time to visit the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland (pic related). It's a geological oddity with a lot of mythology surrounding it. It's only a short drive/tour bus ride outside Belfast. There is also the Carrick Reed (sp?) rope bridge around there which is fun/terrifying. Definitely cross it.

Belfast city itself has lots of history. Get one of the famous black cab tours and see the peace walls and murals. I know you said you're staying in Cork in the south of the island but Ireland is tiny so travelling North isn't a big deal.
>>
>>1176723
>what should i do
kys
>>
Do any/all of the peninsulas in the south-west......not too far from Cork city. Nice and quiet this time of year!
>>
Well, since you've uploaded a pic of the cliffs of Moher, why not a daytrip to the cliffs of Moher and a couple of pints in Galway to wash the wind down, in the eve? Or sleep in Galway for a night, and go visit the Causeway the next day, then drive across rural inner Irish roads to Cork.
>>
>>1176725
We weren't planning on renting a car. How does public transit work? Is a bus cheaper than a train? About how often do they run, how expensive, how reliable?
>>
>>1176754
Getting from Cork to the North Coast would be pretty awkward without renting a car. You'd have to get a bus or train to Dublin and then on to Belfast. Bus would be cheaper than a train yes though I'd say for going Dublin to the North its worth paying extra for the train since it goes all the way to the north coast whereas you would have to change again at Belfast if you got the bus. I wouldn't be sure which way is best from Cork to Dublin.

I'd say you'd be better off staying out West though and taking in Kerry and Galway as the anon above said
>>
>>1176758
Oh and if you do stay out west then I'd suggest renting a car
>>
>>1176760
We were specifically recommended to use 'Healey' bus tours out of Galway to visit Ring of Kerry/etc as opposed to renting a car.

Was that shit advice?
>>
>>1176871
I'm not from the area so I wouldn't know what the tours are like. I'm sure they would stop at anything worth seeing. I personally just think that a car allows you some more freedom.

also you could try take in a Gaelic football or hurling match if you get a chance
>>
Renting a car is the better option if you want to do the peninsulas......freedom to go wherever, stop whenever you want. Public transport is a rarity in some parts and local operators may not provide you with enough scope. Be warned, if driving, those roads are very narrow with lots of blind bends and careless drivers, etc. The only decent roads we have are the motorways connecting the cities. All told, I'd rent.
>>
>>1176723
spend the other days travelling with other amerifafs on a tour bus to all the touristy spots assuming you don't have a car, they are usually pretty decent. I would also suggest a night out in Galway, lively, vibrant albeit touristy, and it's probably one of the safest places on planet earth.

I am going to go against most 7 day itinerary guides and just say avoid Dublin, it has some charm sure, but it isn't a must do unless there is something specific you want to see there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.