[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning on moving out of Europe some day, I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: australia-newzealand-map-flag.png (65KB, 465x272px) Image search: [Google]
australia-newzealand-map-flag.png
65KB, 465x272px
I'm planning on moving out of Europe some day, I can't stand the current situation with the conflict in the Middle East and the USA is trying to fuck with us with their trading policies.
I'm planning on moving to either New Zealand or Australia and I would like to know from you guys what it's like over there, are the biggest cities metropolisses like New York or are they relatively small? Is it cheap to live in the countryside? I just want to know some general stuff, tell me what you know.
>>
File: brief history of australia.jpg (232KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
brief history of australia.jpg
232KB, 428x600px
You'll have better luck with /trv/ if you do a little of your own basic research first (how big are the cities in Australia is pretty basic) and then come here to try and fill in information that you can't find.

Hope it all works out for you, though.
>>
>>1176699
Why don't you know how to use google to find information
>>
>>1176699
move to usa
>>
>>1177015
full
>>
>>1177086
Thanks for reminding me ;__; The world's stuffed (again / always has been) at this point.
>>
>>1177086
It's ridiculous how Europeans blame the US for everything that's bad in the world. The migrantscrisis is entirely your fault. Nobody else is in anyway responsible.
>>
File: 729_city.jpg (96KB, 729x410px) Image search: [Google]
729_city.jpg
96KB, 729x410px
>>1176699
Australia is really nice.

Melbourne is my favourite city in the world, and I've travelled most of USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, etc.

Every time i travel, I end up liking Melbourne more. It's very relaxed, nice people, great food, lots of culture/art/etc, lots of gigs.

It's very built up with big/tall buildings. See pic.

Only downside is that its fucking expensive. An average 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house about 40 minutes away from the city is about $650,000. So, unless you're rich, you'll never own a house here. Rent is somewhat affordable though.
>>
>>1177106
KEK you're joking right.
>Melbourne is my favourite city in the world
The world must be horrible then.
>>
>>1177107
The Middle East has always been a clusterfuck. If anything, the Brits and the French are to blame because of the way they handled the region when it belonged to them. The Americans certainly haven't made it better, but they haven't really made it worse, either.

It took a long time before the Americans got involved in Syria. Three years of brutal conflict before they started targeted strikes at ISIS. They have been extremely reluctant about any involvement, mostly because of the massive shitstorm that ensued when the Europeans forced them to intervene in a similar situation in Libya.

None of the conflicts started because of the US.

>USA is currently trying to provoke Russia/China into a war
Russia and China are grabbing land. They're messing with the status quo of people living in security without fear of invasion and armed conflict. That is not acceptable, and someone has to show them that it's not acceptable.

>They're doing military things right along all their borders
Oh, no! Military things!
The Russians routinely violate the airspace of my country. They routinely have practice runs with nuclear bombers on my country's capital city. They've also recently annexed a part of a neighbouring country and they keep cold conflicts going in the caucasus and in eastern Europe.

China is occupying disputed territory that no reasonable person would say belongs to them. The US is helping the smaller neighbours that China is fucking over.

The US is just reacting here.

And most importantly, the migrant crisis is entirely your fault. You refuse to send them back, you keep encouraging them to come by giving them massive incentives. You also choose not to control your borders, and even go as far as to actively send ships to the coast of Africa to pick the migrants up and bring them to Europe.
The mental gymnastics required to blame the US for that are truly astounding.
>>
>>1177139
>The world must be horrible then.
More or less, yeah.

What dont you like about melbourne?
>>
>>1177305
>What dont you like about melbourne?

Carnies doing military things all along south bank causing a migrant riot through the cbd.

Also expensive hipster coffee.
>>
>>1177096
Migrant crisis wouldn't have happened if the U.S didn't keep on intervening in the Middle-East and causing the rise of ISIS and I am not even European, I'm American. You're retarded as shit if you think if it's 100% Europe's fault and I know they shouldn't take in so many migrants
>>
>>1177948
ISIS was started in 1999 to overthrow the Jordanian government. Al Qaeda was started in 1988 in response to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

The general instability can be traced back to the fall of the Ottoman empire and the ensuing clusterfuck when the British and French decided to fuck the region over, and to the fact that the entire population of the Middle East are members of a socially accepted hate group.

The US has never actively gone in to fuck shit up. They never intervened until shit was already going sideways. And Syria and Yemen are examples of what happens when they don't intervene.

The migrant crisis is only a crisis because European governments want it to be. It would be extremely easy to stop them from coming, but it is not what the people, the government or business interests want. It is a self-imposed crisis, and it could be over in a week if people actually wanted it.
>>
>>1177968
What about all the weapons the USA sold to them?
>>
>>1176699
Don't go to New Zealand, it's boring as fuck and is for faggots.

Come to Australia, and live in Melbourne. It's the best city in the country.

The cities aren't very big.
>>
>>1176699
I hear about all the nasty critters and bugs in Australia making it a scary place to live. I hate bugs with a passion. It's also why I think New York city is a shithole since it's infested with bed bugs. Baffles me why people even living in that city.
>>
>>1177968
>It's a "/trv/ thinks that they understand Middle Eastern politics" episode
>>
File: SydIntFaithSem.jpg (133KB, 1050x960px) Image search: [Google]
SydIntFaithSem.jpg
133KB, 1050x960px
Australia is the most beautiful country in the world.
This I promise you. Australians are the most admirable and accepting people I have ever had the absolute pleasure of living, working and sharing companionship with. My life in Australia has been free of any pangs, never in my life have I been so at home and so at peace. It truly is God's own land.
I'm a Muslim and had I not been a Muslim, with all that is going on overseas, I would have tossed any Muslim that came my way into the ocean so it is nothing short of an awe inspiring and a grand reflection on the Australian people how they are so accepting and open to us in their gorgeous country. Of course, Australia is not the only country that is open and accepting but none are near the dust of Australia.
I can never wish enough wellness upon the entire Australian population.

Come to Australia, but please, be one of us. Forget about costs and outgoings, God will provide.
>>
>>1177998
I can't tell if this is a joke or not.
>>
>>1177998
>muslim
>come to Australia, but please, be one of us.
Yeah this is definitely bait
>>
>>1178005

No joke friend, I promise you. This is my way of giving back and saying thanks.
>>
>>1178031
Well I'm the complete opposite of you. I was a Muslim then I moved to Australia and after a few years of not having any restrictions on foods or drinks, and not having to worry about getting killed or lashed for saying the wrong thing I realized how ridiculous religion is.

It's very interesting, and I'm majoring in Religious studies, but it's ridiculous. I'm now an Agnostic as that's the only correct choice.
>>
>>1178032

Thanks for agreeing.
>>
>>1176699
Doesn't like US trading policies... Doesn't know China's soft diplomacy and corporate acquisitions will make Australia a Chinese territory.
>>
As mentioned before, Melbourne would be my choice of location. Multicultural, full of live music and other art, strange places and people (also noise and shittery like all big cities). I have not been to the other main cities, but can tell ye that country towns are not great unless you like dust, heat, snakes and bogans (aussie rednecks).
>>
>>1176699
Fellow European here, spent a school year in NZ. Immigration is quite difficult from what I've picked up, there are only 4 realistic options: be a doctor, be a teacher, be rich or marry a girl from down there
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.