[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not interested in meeting new people, cool architecture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: a4099353330_10.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a4099353330_10.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
I'm not interested in meeting new people, cool architecture or seeing ancient buildings - there are plenty of those things in London, where I live. I want a vaporwave holiday.

I know it sounds dumb and childish, but I really want to experience the whole aesthetic in a tangible way.

What do you think I could do?
I was thinking maybe renting an incredibly tiny apartment in Tokyo during the winter or something, i dont know.
>>
>>1176151
What the hell is a vaporwave holiday? Just use drugs like a normal person instead of listenin to crappy artzie music songs, fucking weeb. What the hell do you think you're gonna see through the window of an apartment in Tokyo? Probably 4 drunk businessmen going to a massage parlor, and you have plenty of that in London.
>>
File: sonder definition.jpg (535KB, 2800x1867px) Image search: [Google]
sonder definition.jpg
535KB, 2800x1867px
>>1176162

I'm not sure what I want.

I want to sit on a balcony and see tons and tons of people going about their day, see lights flickering on and off all around me as people live their life, hear snatches of arguments carried by the wind and the laughter of others, and all the while sit up there wrapped in a blanket and drinking tea by myself while listening to music.

uhm. i know it sounds stupid. i would never tell anyone i want this in real life.
>>
>>1176164
You can do this in London, you'll just end up seeing more Asian people in Tokyo.
>>
The whole idea of Vapor wave is that it emulates 80's and 90's aesthetics so you want to time travel
>>
Rent the worse hotel in the chungking mansion and sit in small dodgy 2 table restaurants while absolutely hammered. Pretend your in blade runner.
>>
>>1176151
There are hotels overlooking Time's Square, Piccadilly Circus, probably whatever spot you like in Tokyo or Shanghai.
>>
>>1176164
That sounds pretty fucking cool, man. No need to be ashamed of wanting that kind of experience.

I heard renting an apartment is incredibly tough for foreigners, especially if you don't have a job. I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but here's a capsule hotel (recommended by another anon on this board) that's incredibly cheap (it's called Hotel New Tochigiya).

https://www.agoda.com/hotel-new-tochigiya/hotel/tokyo-jp.html?checkin=2016-11-05&los=1&adults=1&rooms=1&cid=-1&searchrequestid=d3355d70-8327-4bbe-86b6-3a77ae48b2a8
>>
>>1176151
I have a confession to make: I like that idea too, and I try to do it whenever I can at home. If I find myself in a different city, I'll do it there too. Most satisfying were Shanghai and Hong Kong. It's really a situational thing though- because you can post up at a bar or on an overlook anywhere with your earbuds in and watch the people and the lights. I wouldn't plan a trip around it.
>>
>>1176225
is it what tourist guides refer to as "people watching"?

I see that mentioned all the time
>>
>>1176184
I did that. Things I saw in that building can never be unseen.
>>
>>1176321
yes it is

it's a normie tier phenomenon, OP just put a gay purple filter over it and wants to be special
>>
>>1176337

>popular things are bad

Can you be any more of a 13 year old?
>>
>>1176339
well yes, if i was born 13 years ago

i dont think people watching is bad, i just think pretending you're special for doing normal things is
>>
File: 1443040425111s.jpg (34KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1443040425111s.jpg
34KB, 250x187px
>>1176342
>Does not realize being edgy on 4chan is pretty normal and not at all special...
>>
I did that in Ikebukuro this summer. was rad.
>>
File: ambiance.png (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ambiance.png
704KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>1177438
is this what you want, OP?
>>
Hong kong will be better for this than tokyo. Hong kong is vapor wave, most parts of tokyo are not.
>>
>>1176151
Go to pattaya in high season. Sit in an open bar. Drink your beer and watch multitudes of degenerates and whores wave pass and around you
>>
File: 1332263326523.jpg (68KB, 338x319px) Image search: [Google]
1332263326523.jpg
68KB, 338x319px
>>1176324
Like what?, I'm heading there this summer.
>>
>>1176151
Tokyo, hands down. Kabukicho, Shinjuku, ikebukuro, shibuya. Akiba and ginza for extra weeb and posh spices.
Central Osaka as well. Yokohama Chinatown.
If not Japan, then Hong Kong and Shanghai, these are closer to blade runneresque feel.
Ganbatte
>>
>>1177502

piss alley
>>
>>1176151
Shenzen

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY
>>
>>1176164
That's all I want from life. I want to be around society, and not truly interact with it. Just observe peacefully.
>>
>>1176151
Do some acid and listen to The Rippingtons at a Burger King.

Youre welcome
>>
>>1176179
>>1176151
I think some Japanese or Chinese city that has its best times behind it might do the trick - think regional capital somewhere in the boonies, or a formerly important industrial town.

I had this really '90s summer vacation in Italy' vibe when I was in Takamatsu, for example, even though that's different from what you want.
>>
Tokyo
Hong Kong
New York City
Dubai (might be too conservative but not sure)
Shanghai
Taipei
Seoul
Ürümqi
Chongqing
>>
>>1177534
>If not Japan, then Hong Kong and Shanghai, these are closer to blade runneresque feel.
Hong Kong gives the perfect atmosphere, Shanghai is too spread out and not old enough. It doesnt get anymore blade runner than looking out of the window in mong kok or admirality
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.