[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few years ago I visited Soulard, a suburb of St Louis (its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

A few years ago I visited Soulard, a suburb of St Louis (its their french quarter )and had a total blast and never really felt unsafe.
Just watched this video and felt a bit sick to my stomach.
Have things really changed that much?
Is St Louis safe to visit?
>>
Damn it I forgot the damn video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Uzs7R28Hg
>>
Soulard is not a suburb it's a mile south of down town.
It is safe to visit.
St. Louis does have crime but like a lot of cities you are not going to visit the neighborhoods with high crime. I live in the neighborhood which boarders soulard. I have not been a victim of crime.
Anything else or any questions let me know.
>>
>>1175375
Do you feel like things have changed since Ferguson?
Does it feel like people are leaving?
She compares it to Detroit which I visited this summer and I do not it.
>>
She grew up in the suburbs with a republican mindset that the inner city is dangerous and a hell hole. This is not true, Ferguson is. A Suburb of St. Louis it is not within the city.
St. Louis does have crime but it also has safe areas.
No I do t think it has turned to a war zone or post apocalyptic hell hole. Nore do I know of an Asian suburb of St. Louis like she said.
Population loss is something stl has encountered much like many cities but population loss has slowed in recent years. I don't know of anyone who specifically left the city of St. Louis for the suburbs after unrest occurred in a suburb of St. Louis.
St. Louis has a lot of development going on post unrest 2014 $737 million in new building permits 2015 $692 million in building permits. It's not the most investment but the city isn't emptying post ferguson.
>>
Isn't the only truly shitty part of St. Louis north county or something like that?
>>
East St. Louis, on the other side of the river in Illinois, is consistently one of the most violent cities in America (iirc, their crime rate is worse than Chicago).
>>
>>1175589
>>1175605
North St. Louis is the more dangerous part, this part has seen population loss and disinvestment. However, as a tourist there will be nothing for you to do in this area. Crown candy kitchen was on man vs food that's in n. Stl, and one neighborhood has seen a lot of investment Old North StLouis neighborhood it's cool.
Then you have the suburbs on the north side "north County" this area has crime as well. This is where you find ferguson. North county was a rich white area and after white flight is now filled with low to moderate income people, also some crime and disinvestment as well.
In short, St. Louis is an awesome cheap city, it's no hot spot for tourists but it's cool if ur passing through or are within a 5 hr drive for a weekend check it out.
Safe and cool spots:
Down town u will not die like she said, not as much to do as other down towns but it's cool.
City museaum
Forest park w meuseums and zoo
Soulard neighborhood
Benton park neighborhood
Lafayette square neighborhood
Central west end
The grove district
Cherokee street district
Anheusier busch, schlafly other breweries
University city/the loop
Maplewood
Google the neighborhoods and or districts and u can find enough stuff to keep u busy with great food. Stl is a good town to eat and drink with a loyalty to blues and cardinals.
And ferguson is not a bad place it's an old town with a cool downtown.
>>
>>1175605
Yes east stl is not a nice place but again u will never go there. Has high crime and lost half its population since the 50's
And comparing crime rates of a 27k city to that of Chicago at 3mil, that's a lil skewed. But no I wouldn't hang there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.