[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I'm headed to Colombia for three months starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: Colombia_0[1].jpg (11KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
Colombia_0[1].jpg
11KB, 341x334px
Hey /trv/,

I'm headed to Colombia for three months starting in May - spending most of the time just living in Medellin at the recommendation of a poster here (thanks) but I have some time to see some other sites too. I have Bogota and Cartagena on my list as the obvious ones - what are some other easy-to-reach places in Colombia that are worthwhile and how long would you recommend staying in each place?
>>
>>1175113

why are you going to live in medellin at the advice of a random on 4chan?
>>
>>1175121
Someone recommended it as a cheap city that is also very enjoyable to live in for an extended period, so I did some additional research and found that it will most likely be a very enjoyable stay for me.

Anyone have anything useful?
>>
>>1175143

well shit, can i tag along? i'm assuming it's safe and colombian women are easy lays, correct me if i'm wrong
>>
>>1175113
Salento is stunning with fantastic hiking and a very homey, old-style Colombian town center. It's getting popular with tourists and has lots to do. Because it's a 4-6 hour bus ride from Medellín, I'd recommend at least 4 days to make it worth your while.

Jardín is a gorgeous little Paisa pueblo a few hours outside Medellín as well. Not as much to do as Salento, but you can go for a nice horse ride up to a cave with a waterfall. You can fill your days just walking around the town and the trails up the mountains and be quite entertained. Lots of people gather in the central plaza to drink at night and socialize. I love going to Jardín.

I can't make too many recommendations outside Antioquia because I live in Medellín and still have to do more traveling outside the area. I'm typing this in Bogotá though. Trying my best to keep seeing more. Bogotá is cool.
>>
>>1175148
>colombian women are easy lays, correct me if i'm wrong

yes you are wrong, people here is more conservative unlike Unitedstasian whores.
>>
>>1175150
Thank you for the recommendations! How do you like Medellín?
>>
>>1175182

the colombian au pairs i met in the states were easy enough, maybe you're just autistic
>>
>>1175182
>people here is more conservative
Butthurt negro who can't get laid. Local girls will jump at any gringo that's fair-skinned, blonde, tall and clean. The uneducated and stuck-up brown girls with big fat tits are definitely into gringos, but you'd better know some Spanish or else you're fucked.

No, greasy backpackers with long hair won't have much luck here unless they shave.
>>
>>1175185
>>1175203
I'm not saying for me, it's what foreigners say. People on rooshv, for one... most of them agree that getting a Medellín girl is very difficult and requires spending a lot of money on them. They know of they value, they know that stupid foreigners see them as the hottest girl on Earth etc. And that's for 6/10 girls, 8/10 are almost impossible.

I don't know if women are easy here or not, but coming from countries where women have the highest number of sexual partners like the USA/Europe, coming to Colombia will be a step down, deal with it.
>>
File: Medellin%20Re-Sized.jpg (684KB, 975x425px) Image search: [Google]
Medellin%20Re-Sized.jpg
684KB, 975x425px
>>1175113

A few friends of mine went last year and told me that Medellin is quite beautiful and the people are very friendly.

Only complaint was the weather. They said it was very rainy

Any anons know when's the best time to visit colombia?
>>
Cartagena looks pretty cool
>>
File: I Love to Laugh.jpg (10KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
I Love to Laugh.jpg
10KB, 320x192px
>>1176398
But is in fact very hot...
>>
>>1175183
I love Medellin. It's a fantastic place to live, at least for me. Amazing climate, great people. I go hiking a lot. I also learned Spanish here, so the local accent is very familiar.
>>
>>1176276
What kind of dildo-toting homo bitches at Colombian weather? It's the tamest shit I've ever experienced. It never goes below 10C or above 30C. Are you seriously going to let a few raindrops ruin your trip?
>>
what is cali colombia like?
>>
>>1176508
Calm down, this is /trv/, your edginess is wasted here.
>>
I lived in Medellin for two months to learn Spanish this summer. It definitely is a pretty nice place, but it's going to seriously suck if you don't have a decent level of Spanish. No one, even in tourist areas, knows any English.

As far as dating is concerned, nowadays the girls of Medellin are actually some of the hardest that I've experienced in traveling. You'll have a very easy time getting numbers and dates from hot girls, and making out isn't too hard either, but getting them to bed is a totally different story. Casual sex isn't much of a thing. If you don't have basic or intermediate-level Spanish, forget it. Any other city in Colombia is now easier.

Locals told me that tourism has only taken off in the past couple of years there, and honestly most of the tourists are either there for the women or the drugs, so tourists aren't very well thought of.

Anyway, if you aren't going for the women and you already know some Spanish, go ahead.
>>
In general the tourist attractions of Colombia are very underwhelming. Unless you already have decent enough Spanish to get with the gorgeous women there, I'd recommend just about any other South American country first.
>>
>>1177032

i know hola, ci and no

is that good enough for fucking the colombian whores? 6'4'' white male here, i'll just grab 'em by the pussy like my boy trump
>>
>>1177041
The whores? Sure, just go to Fase Dos at night or Energía (something like that) near the stadium during the day. But the whores are much hotter in Cartagena.

Without Spanish there's about a 0% chance of getting a regular girl. You're limited to the few girls that did some kind of studying abroad, and in my experience they're almost exclusively huge bitches.
>>
>>1177353

i can get a really good hotel deal at cali

anything good to say about that city?
>>
>>1177386
Not him but Cali is my second favourite city behind Medellin. Great weather, great women and a great atmosphere around the place. It's a really fun city.

Bogota is a bit shit, I wouldn't worry about spending too much time there.
>>
>>1177452
>Cali is his second favorite city
>the most violent and run down of the main Colombian cities

Definitely everyone is entitled to its own opinion.

OP, just visit as many cities as you can and judge by yourself.
>>
>>1177452

would i need a car in cali? also, are the women easy or relationship types?
>>
>>1177606
car, no
just be urself.
>>
>>1177386
Didn't go there. It's hot as hell and known for the best salsa dancing in the world, it's a huge part of the culture. Go there to learn salsa. Cali girls are easier but you aren't getting anywhere without salsa and Spanish skills.
>>
I lived in Colombia for over a year. Visited most of the major cities, visited loads of smaller rural places, visited a bunch of natural reserves (I'm an avid birdwatcher, Colombia has the largest avian biodiversity in the world). I can't be arsed to write up an entire post so ask me whatever about nature, culture or other things in Colombia
>>
>>1177750

what's the weather like in the winter?
>>
>>1177765
Not him, but

It is a tropical country with the Andes in one part and beaches in another. Weather varies, but you will not need you mukluks.
>>
>>1177779

if i strike out with the bitchy colombian girls, how much do good looking hookers go for?
>>
For any yuros or gringos coming here, don't waste your time trying to bang local girls. They will make you spend as much money as possible and then ditch you, go for the safe bet and meet someone at your hostel like any other traveler would.
>>
>>1177793
No idea, I travel with my wife and save money on that!
>>
>>1178013
I'm the guy above who lived in Bogota for a year and I disagree with you entirely. Colombian girls are very easy to get into your bed.
>>
>>1178276

even if you only speak english?
>>
File: 1449480076801.jpg (74KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1449480076801.jpg
74KB, 500x462px
I haven't been in Locombia for 5 years, and now I'm winning some good dosh. Tickets are ready for middle november.

1st question: Should I bring a certain budget in euros and exchange there? Or should I talk with my bank to be able to withdraw certain amount from an atm?

2nd question: If I were to go to some holiday paradise alone (my relatives live in Cali, I would go to Tumaco or somewhere with a beach) and planed myself a hooker and booze debouchery vacation for a couple of days....How do-able and/or risky would it be?

I love visiting my family and all, but this is the first vacation I'm paying with my own money. Being single and all, this should be the time to do it, ain't it?
>>
>>1178282
Nobody speaks English. You have ample time to learn conversational Spanish.
>>
>>1178276
Bogota is supposedly dramatically easier as far as women is concerned, compared to Medellín. I think it gets easier as your Spanish and salsa skills improve too.
>>
>>1178356
See what sort of deal your bank can get you on ATM fees. That convenience is worth something...
>>
>>1176597
How is that being edgy? You're one hell of a faggot if you think rain in Colombia is ever a problem.
>>
>>1177750
What places did you visit for birdwatching, and how did you get there? From what I've heard they're quite remote and you have to pay for guided tours but I'd like to know about your experience.
>>
>>1177793
Depends on what you consider a good looking hooker. Standard rates in Bogota and Medellin are 200K pesos/hour (about $70) if you're lucky enough for them not to charge you foreigner tax, but luckily that's never happened to me. You can get them cheaper if you don't mind girls from a not-so-wealthy background, though from my experience the more expensive ones are boring stuck up bitches. Take a look at http://photoprepagos.com.

>>1178356
I'd recommend asking your bank as well, carrying lots of cash with you is somewhat dangerous.
>>
>>1178282
No unless you're exceptionally good looking. In Bogotá many girls speak English, especially in Zona T
>>1178405
That might be true. I did hook up with a couple of paisas though but yeah the majority were from Bogotá.
>>1178437
El Dorado/Sierra Nevado de Sta Marta, Los Llanos, Amazonas, Tayrona, Jardín, Pacific coast around San Cipriano, Nevado del Ruiz, Chingaza, Chicaque... Most of them are reachable by small buses or jeeps. I did do guided tours in the majority of them but a couple I only went with friends. Chicaque and Chingaza are both nearish Bogotá and very doable without a guide. Los Llanos are only 4 hours or so by bus from Bogotá. You can take a bus to Villavicencio, then from there another bus to Puerto Gaitan. There, ask a local to take you on a boat safari to the dolphins and you'll be set. I saw loads of toucans and macaws, pink river dolphins, otters, etc.
>>
>>1178518
Oh and I also went to the Darién Gap btw. That was pretty sick. Crossed into Panama by foot.
>>
>>1178542
> That was pretty sick
why? I did that along the coast (Capurganá, Sapzurro, La Miel, etc), it's a very safe/normal trek. Of course that was before all of this Cubans/Haitians/etc migrant thing.
>>
>>1178573
Yeah I did that same trek. I meant sick as in it was awesome. Beautiful place, loads of birds, not a lot of other tourists. I didn't mean it was sick as in dangerous or whatever.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.