[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like visiting theme parks? I feel that the typical trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tatsu-magic-mountain-layout.jpg (103KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
tatsu-magic-mountain-layout.jpg
103KB, 700x525px
Do you like visiting theme parks? I feel that the typical trip to Orlando/Los Angeles might be too insipid for the kind of crowd at /trv/, but I'm interested if you think otherwise.

Did you have any good experiences at them? ADvice for amusement parks?
What are some of your favorite parks? The staples always seem to be Disney parks and Universal Studios.

Pic related, going to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain soon.
>>
Im jelly of you tatsu looks dope asf.
Im a big fan of dollywood they have great coasters in a lovely setting
>>
Always look for tickets online. I'm surprised there's still people who actually get them on the actual site.
>>
Not a big fan, but I like to go because I like to be a kid any chance I get. I'm going to Halloween haunt at Canada's wonderland tomorrow with a bunch of friends and I'm pretty excited. They turn the whole park into a haunted thing with scary mazes and all of that crap. Anyone ever been?

I don't really have pro tips since I don't go enough. I guess just go with a solid group of people so it never really feels like you're waiting. I've never been alone before to an amusement park and I sort of want to do it to see how that feels.
>>
>>1173657
Busch Gardens is probably one of my favorite parks. I like their stage shows better than Universal.

Umm pro tips, hmmm. Be there at opening for the rides. The weather is cooler and lines are shorter. As it warms up, more people arrive, lines get longer, go to the stage shows, or for a place like Busch Gardens, check out the Zoo. Then go take a nap, and come back in the evening when the lines are short again. Also, there are typically some exclusive night rime activities and performances, like Kinetix at Busch Gardens
>>
>>1173657
I don't like the on-your-feet-all-day kind of marathon I used to do at theme parks, buying drinks all day, wearing the cushiest sneakers possible, carrying around an annoying backpack for the water bottle and jacket, dense crowds for many hours, line after line...now that I'm in my 40s. I do partial days, and then call it done and I got my money's worth even if I didn't complete the map of shit to do. If you can stay close enough to a theme park (or on the property) to get out of there easily for a normal sitdown meal, put your feet up at the hotel for rest and an airconditioned nap or swim respite, and go back for cooler weather and some evening rides and fireworks and drinks, that's fine too.

My favorite park is probably Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the sheer forested beauty, shade, little hills on curvy walkways. Themed "old europe" it's kind of got a ren faire kind of cutesyness going on. The rides are themed in that old time storybook way as well "Big Bad Wolf" and such. Busch Gardens has some serious G-forces on a lot of their rides, and I appreciate the EPCOT-ish foreign food menus found in different areas.

No issue with any of the Orlando parks, just that they are popular and increasingly fuller every year. See, I remember when you used to not find a single line for the first two hours of the day. I like to go in February, during the most wicked cold front. I actually enjoy Sea World the most, and a lot of Floridians will say that to you as well. For an even more intimate animal experience, few people know about Theatre of the Sea in the Florida Keys, and you can greatly enjoy some one-on-one like you're the animal trainer. A visit there feels like a private tour.

The most fun water theme park for sheer novelty is probably Atlantis Resort in Nassau, where you are water sliding through the shark tanks. My favorite Calif theme park is Knotts. I have fond memories of the Wild West adventures there as a kid, having sasparilla.
>>
Will the lines be stupid long in Disney or universal studios or Knott's during Christmas? Or shorter because the season ticket holder can't visit?

What's the average wait times? I've never been to a west coast theme park before
>>
>>1176232
You can expect a crowd when children are in their school holidays. There may be exact times with less crowds, like people opening gifts on Christmas morning, or dinner time on Thanksgiving, where they'll be using the suite's oven to do some family favorites, but that's about it.
Try this website to understand wait times for specific times.
https://touringplans.com/disneyland/crowd-levels
>>
Orlando is extremely overrated.

I went to Universal back in June.

Buy an express pass.

Had to wait 2 1/2 hours for each 'ride', which were mostly 3D simulators/

the Harry Potter park was very disappointing.

The 'train' to and from Hogwarts is just a 3D simulation + 2 minute ride. The best part was the train station.

The food and merch there is ridiculously overpriced.

So crowded.

Here are some underrated places to look into:
>Knoebels in Pennsylvania. Free admission. Pay tickets for rides.
>Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Nice fair food. Old rides.
>Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Virginia. Based on Europe. Also near historic Jamestown, the 1st permanent settlement in the USA.
>Kennywood. in Pennsylvania. Where they filmed Adventureland. Old nostalgia feels. Steel coasters.
>Cedar Point in Ohio. Rollercoaster capital of the world.
>King's Island in Ohio. So many fucking roller coasts.
>Hersheypark in Pennsylvania. Kinda crappy but has character and lots of chocolate.
>Dollywood in Tennessee. Southern feel. Next to the Smoky Mts.
>>
My favourite park and also the best park in the world (according to golden ticket awards) is Europa park
more than 100 rides and areas themed to 13 different countries in Europe
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.