[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite places in the Alps? I'm only sort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 14SPen0180.jpg (569KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
14SPen0180.jpg
569KB, 1080x720px
What are your favorite places in the Alps?

I'm only sort of familiar with the Swiss Alps in the Bernese Oberland (just what I know from Rick Steves), but it looks absolutely amazing and now I am obsessed with the Alps, especially in regards to hiking.

I'm curious if /trv/ could offer their best tips and suggestions as far as where to go regardless of country; Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Italy, etc. as long as it is Alps related.
>>
File: Mont Aiguille_Vercors2.jpg (223KB, 1800x553px) Image search: [Google]
Mont Aiguille_Vercors2.jpg
223KB, 1800x553px
>>1172428
I like the French Alps because contrary to say Switzerland, Germany and Austria they are also close to the sea and thus the French pre-Alps really have an atmosphere and climate of their own, the Vercors region for instance (pic related), even though the highest summits are located further into the Alps
Here a nice video taken in the French Alps, from a shepherd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7GHAGnRCYI
>>
>>1172472
Thanks, that video is great
>>
>>1172428
Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen are the best places to see and do what you're describing, as far as I know. I stayed in both and hiked a lot. Climbed one of the mountains off-trail, got stuck at the top, had to sleep in a rain shelter, goats were trying to get into our place, etc. Incredibly stupid. But it was the best memory I have of my trip to Europe. The Bernese Oberland has so much to see and do, if you're into hiking and the outdoors. Get there.
>>
File: P1090269-vi.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
P1090269-vi.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
Only ever been to one place in the Alps -- Castelrotto / Kastelruth in Italy. So it is my favorite.

>Dolomite, baby!
>>
>>1173127
>Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen
OP here, those are the places from Rick Steves that first got me interested in the Alps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFxqMPmxsDA
>>
>>1172428
Berchtesgaden / Schonau Am Konigssee, Germany
Triglav / Bled, Slovenia
Val di Fassa, Italy (but really the Dolomites as a whole)
Annecy, France
>>
>>1172428
Pretty well all the Swiss Alps have loads of well marked hiking trails. There are readily available maps, splendid wlaks in the mountains, good walks elsewhere when the wether is less good. But ... the place is infernally expensive.

Fabvourites of mine are Wengen for the Eiger/Grindelwald area and the Eiger Trail along the bottom of the N Face in particular. Zermatt for the Matterhorn. And the area around Gruyere for lower level particularly Gorges de la Jogne.
>>
Only been to Slovene Alps, since I live here. AMA
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (439KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
439KB, 1920x1080px
Verbier, obviously.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.