[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britbong here, I've been saving up money so that i can move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: _82852609_8k9twyk4.jpg (28KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_82852609_8k9twyk4.jpg
28KB, 660x371px
Britbong here, I've been saving up money so that i can move to another country and now the pound is fucked. Why the fuck is the world against me?
>>
>>1172121
These are just headwinds anon. The worst of the storm will come when article 50 gets triggered after that (depending on the deal made) everything should start getting better

Out of curiosity, how much have you saved and where did you plan on settling
>>
I got 55 Baht to the Pound this time last year. Today its at 43

What with the King now dying as well, 2015 was definitely the right year for Britfags to travel to Thailand
>>
>>1172127
The baht should crash and burn in the coming weeks/ months though
>>
>>1172126
i've got about 8 grand and I want to go to France, probably to Nice but maybe Paris.
>>
>>1172121
>Why the fuck is the world against me?
Not the world, just stupid British voters and politicians.
>>
>>1172135
Yeah thats true, most of the people who voted for brexit were clueless bastards who just didn't like immigrants. Fuck democracy.
>>
>>1172137
>>1172135
/trv/ stands for "travel," we talk about travel here. DO;t really care about youre political opinions.

So... done any traveling recently? Where too? Was it fun?
>>
The Euro will be worse off in the long run. The Pound should bounce back in the next 6 months desu. Just hold tight.

Instability is just an opportunity for traders to make money.
>>
>>1172132
Well hope you have a plan for the long run because 8k even with a strong pound wouldn't go far
>>
When is the best time to exchange my american dollars for brit pounds?
>>
>>1172168
Wait until they trigger article 50. Shits going to be crazy
>>
>>1172170
Thanks, but now the big worry is will the pound end up being worth less than the dollar? If so I'd be fucked
>>
>>1172173
I would not be surprised. Great for Americans visiting London, shit for British travellers.
>>
>>1172147
this topic is very relevant to travelling though
>>
>>1172165
>a plan for the long run
y-yeah totally
>>
>>1172219
The topic of currency exchange rates is, the posts about political philosophy were not.
>>
>>1172210
I was planning on exchanging my dollars for pounds and then making more dollars when the pound inevitably goes back up
>>
>>1172258
That is something that can be done -- be cautious that exchange fees and the differential between "The Rate" and the rate that you can actually get will eat up some of your profits. And of course sometimes currency rates move in ways you do not anticipate, or change more slowly than the return you could get on other investments.
>>
>>1172260
http://www.usforex.com/
They claim no fees if you transfer at least 5k but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are
What do you use or what would you recommend?
>>
>>1172265
but you still have to beat the provided rates, you will get worse than what the actual rate is on both sides of the exchange. They probably offset the fee by giving a worse than normal rate to make up for it.

Im no expert, but im pretty sure unless youre doing it with mid 6 figures any profit you make is going to be virtually pointless.
>>
>blaming Brexit on the collapse of the pound

This was coming either way

Quantitative easing is going to shit all over your currency
>>
>>1172370
>European Central Bank printing shitton of money for some time now
>pound falls, even to euro
>muh quantitative easing

You do realize just the opposite should happen following your reasoning?
>>
>>1172121

It's not. The world doesn't give two shits about you.
>>
>>1172121
I moved to Paris for work and to learn French. It's nice enough (don't let any of those rediculous /int/ or /pol/ memes scare you) but it's definitely a place you come to stay and work for just a while. I've been to so many leaving parties for expats it's not even funny. Most people stay here for three years max (i'm in my second year).
>>
>>1172121
This shit happened to me a few years ago, Just travel in general for long term
All research done got everything set and fucking dollar crashes
FUCK THIS WORLD AND LIFE
>>
>>1172121
What a whiny little bitch you are.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.