[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I'm going on vacations to Cuba next month for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cuba1.jpg (299KB, 1600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
cuba1.jpg
299KB, 1600x1053px
Hey /trv/, I'm going on vacations to Cuba next month for a week. Got any tips/suggestions? I'm visiting Habana and Varadero
>>
File: Vedado_Habana.jpg (4MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Vedado_Habana.jpg
4MB, 4288x2848px
Check out the Area of Havanna. Still pretty original, few tourists, beautiful villas next to shabby communist architecture and less stressing than the Oldtown.
>>
sorry actually forgot to name the area, its called Vedado.
>>
>>1171098
Be careful of hustlers.

I got got by this one > Someone will come and talk to you, seem friendly and ask where you are staying. They then wish you a good day and leave. 10 minutes later someone else will approach you and say they met you at your hostel last night, know your name and where you are staying (the first guy phoned them). They will tell you there is a cigar festival on and that this one day of the year they get commission on cigar sales and if you buy some you will help the locals. Tell them you aren't interested. Never buy cigars from people on the streets.

WIFI is few and far between so dont rely on it. The locals buy the access cards and will sell them to you at a slight mark up. The queues for the cards are usually long so it is kinda worth it to just buy from locals. They also won't tell you where to get the cards from directly so ask a hotel or research yourself.

Not many people speak English well although Havana and Varadero are the best two places for it.

A taxi from Havana to Varadero will cost more than the coach, but from Varadero to Havana a taxi (shared, they will find other passengers) will undercut the coach if you haggle. Just walk towards the coach station the day before you want to leave and someone will probably approach you.

If you get sick of Casa Particulars and want an all inclusive hotel at Varadero get on wifi and book online. We got a very cheap all inclusive resort from sunwings.ca - it is sometimes cheaper to book flights as well as the room and just not fly so check that.

Ask and I'll see if I can answer specific questions.
>>
>>1171210
Thanks!

>>1171456
What food do you recommend trying? Also, I'm going with my family, not alone. And places where to find good drinks?
>>
>>1171458
I'm vegetarian so had a shit time with food, sorry. As for drinks just be be aware that some bars will have a tourist menu (in english) and a local menu with different prices. I didnt drink much there because it saves money but if you are staying in a hotel their bars will have the biggest selection and arent too pricey. For partying I don't know where to go. Varadero hotels have their own clubs but expect fat old french canadians.
>>
>>1171460
What exchange do they use? From what I understand, they have their own currency, do they accept other kinds of payment?? You had any trouble using credit/debit card??
>>
>>1171461

Cuba has two currencies, one for locals one for tourists.

Hotels accept USD and will also exchange currency if you are a guest. Bring your own currency in cash and change it when you get there. If you can, pay for your transfer in advance or check if they will accept your currency (our transfer took GBP) so you dont have to use the exchange at the airport because the queues are insane.

Other than that most banks exchange currency, ask a hotel concierge where the nearest one is. But basically we took our spending money in cash and changed it as we needed it.

Hotels will take card as well as some shops (desu havana and varadero are again the best places for card transactions.)

My advice is buy a Lonely Planet guide, it was like my bible whilst I was there.
>>
>>1171465
>Hotels will take card as well as some shops

That may be less true for US cards, I am not sure to what extent the economic embargo continues as travel restrictions begin to lift.
>>
>>1171466
True, i forgot about that. IIRC US bank cards weren't accepted at my time of visit, and even if you aren't from the US but your bank is based there they wouldn't work. Luckily mine was a European bank.
>>
>>1171466
>>1171467
Thanks m80's
>>
Which hotel are you gonna stay at?
Also, if you want hookers, go ask a lifeguard at the beach.
I had 2 girls delivered to my hotel room and they spent the whole night with me, only leaving in the morning.
It cost.me about 120$ CDN

Here in Canada, the same experience would have cost me 2000$
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.