[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Straight simple question. How long will £1500 last me in Vietnam,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2778.jpg (980KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2778.jpg
980KB, 2304x1536px
Straight simple question.

How long will £1500 last me in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand.

Living on a cheap as possible budget and I also don't really drink etc so I won't be out partying and stuff.

Thanks
>>
>>1170000
I spent about £1000 in 5 weeks. That was for private rooms with a/c. So you could definitely could go cheaper. I remember there was a dorm room for $1 per night in Cambodia.
>>
>>1170007
Okay, well I'm thinking of making this last around 3/4 months? I'm going with another person and we both have £1500 and we have found hostel rooms for £5 between us for a night, so £2.50 a night each and then food daily
>>
First rule of travel is you always spend more than you think you will

I spent about £1000 a month in that region. I did party and drink a fair bit but was cheap on food and accommodation.

With Brexit your money is now worth 20% less than mine was. I'd say 6 weeks.
>>
>>1170010
>£1500
>3/4 months traveling SE Asia

It may be mathematically possible to last that long but believe me you won't
>>
>>1170007
>$1/night dorm
yeah, maybe before the locals realized they could exploit white guilt by turning their businesses into "charities" that aren't audited at all.
>muh landmines
>muh Pol Pot gib moni
>muh violins against womyn gib moni
>muh poor starving single female entrepreneur with 37 half-white kids who've all had limbs removed by landmines gib moni
>muh retraining for crippled tuktuk drivers gib moni
>muh landmine orphans kids gib moni
>oh no we deforested our land gib moni
>oh no, some tuk-tuk driver turned left without doing a shoulder check and now his landmine victim kids are orphans, gib moni
>>
As a backpacker who tries to travel as cheaply as possible and hates spending money, I average around £10 a day.
So £300 a month. You can do up to five months on £1500 then but 3/4 is more realistic taking into account spending a little more.
>>
What's the fucking point of going to the 3rd world and living like a 3rd worlder.

Backpackers who have no money are the fucking worst.

Go for 1.5 months and don't worry about money, go out and party, have plenty of money for activities, dates, exploration and emergencies.

I lived in Thailand for 2 years. You will have a lot more fun and a memorable experience if you aren't counting the pennies.

I met so many faggot backpackers who had to tailor their night around saving 10 baht and couldn't go anywhere because a beer cost 5 baht more than 7/11
>>
>>1170205
See you seem to get it, also it's not as if I don't have more money in case I need it I have a lot more than I can transfer in case of emergencies. I'm just wanting to take a set amount and push it the furthest it can possibly go, time wise
>>
>>1170220
Not all people who travel have the luxury of 1st world income.
>>
>>1170220
Except even on £10 a day you don't live like a thirdworlder
Third world locals don't get clean accommodation with AC and hot shower, free breakfast and free coffee/water throughout the day, 2 large meals and enough left over for snacks, a beer or two and cigarettes

If you only travel to party and see big name tourist attractions, you will spend more money. Those are the two things that can kill a budget. Especially the tourist sites. You can easily party by just buying cheap whisky from a shop for no more than a dollar or two. It's partying at overpriced bars and clubs that costs. that's fine if you want, but it's not necessary to enjoy traveling

>>1170243
True, many travelers are from developing countries like Brazil or China.

>>1170224
Yes, me too
I have the money to spend, but I prefer to travel longer cheaper
>>
>>1170243
This.

If I had thousands to blow I would happily do so, but I don't. That doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy seeing the world, I just want to make the most with the money I have
>>
>>1170252
I'm not saying you shouldn't travel, it's the opposite of that. You should travel and explore but do so in a time frame that isn't limited by your budget.

If you stay for a month you don't have to worry about anything. You can rent a motorbike, take taxis, eat at different restaurants, go out and not worry.

If you think getting a free cup of coffee and some shitty day old rice dish is a luxury then yes, hole up in some hostel in the wops and last for 4 months before going home, spending your entire trip talking to people who also have no money and think its awesome before they hit mum and dad up for a western union so they can get home.
>>
>>1170271
you can do all those things you listed on £10 a day and I do

You are just getting ripped off all the time and being wasteful and trying to justify your stupidity in spending so much by asserting an anti-backpacker budget elitism
>>
>>1170272
You can't do that on the same budget. I know what a street food meal gets you in SEA and I know what you get at a nice restaurant in SEA.

If you think trying to smuggle a bottle of shit off brand whiskey into a bar and hoping the local bouncers don't kick the living shit out of you is great because you're not being wasteful you're a fucking idiot.

You aren't even a backpacker. You're a tramp. You have to resort to ripping off 3rd world local businesses to meet you budget.

So I'd happily be wasteful and pay $1.5 for a beer rather than $1 if it guarantees that I don't meet anyone like you. People don't find your way of travelling charming or endearing, you're fucking boring and so are your travel srories by the way, we just humor you until the inevitable punchline when you ask to "borrow" 50 cents to buy a beer at the 7/11. Youre a parasite.
>>
>>1170284
triggered :)

Ps: if you don't like backpackers, don't hang out with them, retard
>>
I spent £1500 in two weeks in Thailand.

But 90% of that was for ladyboys.
>>
>>1170300
Haha yeah I won't be doing that, I'm not much of a party person I'm more of scenery/beaches/just being free to travel
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.