[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is with eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0904.jpg (67KB, 640x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0904.jpg
67KB, 640x401px
Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is with eating out? While traveling, it's a given that you'll eat out and I'm game for that. But when you're home (here in the states), other than convienence, what's the big deal? I swear I have yet to date a girl whose not obsessed with going to restaurants and taking pictures of the food. Please tell me I'm not the only one at loss for this shit.
>>
>>1169522
>I don't get how people want to spend their money differently than me!
>There must be something wrong with them!
Financially, eating out isn't the best choice. But try to tell that to late millennial women
>>
>>1169540
All women dude. And It's mostly women that have that hunger for eating out. They just want to take pictures of the food in a restaurant so they can get those likes.
>>
I really enjoy eating out as a guy.
Whats not to like? Someone else prepares your food, which hopefully, is better than the stuff you make yourself. You get to try out new dishes and tastes which you wouldn't (be able to) make yourself.

My gf hardly ever takes pics of food and if she does it never gets posted on soc med.

Or just go out with friends and make it a social thing instead of a date.

I wont argue on the financial aspect though. Its crazy expensive when you realise a nice one time dinner = a bunch of clothes you could end up wearing for years.
>>
>>1169550
I'm also assuming the food pictures are a thing which is way more popular in the US and countries where image and reputation is everything to girls.
>>
>>1169552
That's exactly it. Although I've seen people from some of the carribean islands (Dominicans in particular) do it as well.
>>
>>1169561
It's fucking everywhere now. East Asia is the worst.

I really wonder what the future generations will think of us. I don't want to be that self-deprecating bitch, but we genuinely look like massive POS.
>>
You could make the same argument about going to a bar/pub. What's the big deal, why do people like it so much, why don't you just sit at home and drink your lukewarm yet cheaper beers because it's cheaper and you don't have to walk around.

Like, obviously going to a restaurant means that you don't have to cook, you also possibly get to try new food, and generally it's a nice thing to go out with someone that you like and eat some food. I think the social aspect of it is probably the thing- and not in a cynical way but it's fun to get dressed up and go out to eat.

A lot of men don't really understand it and don't really like waiting around though, so I guess what you're saying makes sense.

FYI the term 'foodie' has done nothing but fucking irritate me since I first saw it, I kind of think that liking restaurants (and, to a wider extent, food) is a pretty fucking general thing. I mean the amount of tinder profiles I've seen that say 'foodie, loves to travel' is so fucking upsetting. I regard going out for dinner, on occasion, a rather default thing.

>>1169540

m8 I got no problem eating out millennial women.
>>
>>1169522
I, too, notice that there are people wh olike what I don't like.

I've decided that it's OK.
>>
>>1169522
it's a test to see if you are ready to spend money for something unnecessary just to please her
>>
>>1169577
Foodie. Fucking idiots lol. But you're right on that guys don't really get it.

>>1169635
I would agree except that taking your girl out to eat is basic dating shit. Even married couples do it. The cliche line of "you never take me out anymore" is very fucking true. I've seen women leave good men just because they didn't take them out to a Chillis or Friday's twice a month. It's the most illogical thing ever.
>>
>>1169690
>current year
>dating women brainwashed by romcom propaganda
>>
i have mixed feelings about it. waste of money at a shitty franchise, but if you're eating banging food, then it's good. usually people go out to socialize though. the food is secondary. sort of like going to the pub with your mates. the drink isn't necessarily the most important thing.

in america people are very self-critical of how much we eat out, but there are other parts of the world that eat out most meals. just depends on cost, health, options, convenience, etc.
>>
>>1169552
Nah Asians are definitely the worst. Even Asian Americans. Snapchats, Instagram, and FB of most of my Asian friends (which is plentiful, having lived throughout Asia) is almost all pics of food. Even when they cook.
>>
>>1169522
I hate eating out because I'm a /fit/izen and each time the waiter comes with the bill, I can't help but think about the amount of food I could have bought instead at a supermarket
All the kilos of brocoli, all the chicken breasts...
>>
It's enjoyable to be served
>>
File: welsh speed-dating.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
welsh speed-dating.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>1169522
It's because the Western mindset has been conditioned to prefer eating out vs cooking. Knowing how to cook as a woman is viewed/shamed as old school housewife knowledge. According to progressives women shouldn't be knowledgeable in the kitchen, they should be eating out because cooking is low class.

All in the name of more debt to the banks. Why cook a meal at home when you can order a pizza for $25 and have it delivered right to your door, just put it on the card ya feel.

I'm a guy and learning how to cook was one of the most valuable skills I've ever learned. It's shameful when I see my friends pining to grab some Mcdonalds when the food is shit tier compared to a simple Mushroom risotto you could whip up at home.
>>
>>1169577
>it's fun to get dressed up
What?
>>
>>1170465
Yeah, it surprises me when people like what I don't like, too.
>>
>>1169545
Most of these "modern" bitches don't want to or don't know how to cook.
>>
>>1169811
>I'm a guy and learning how to cook was one of the most valuable skills I've ever learned.
Same here. Plus it don't do me no harm with the ladies. I can make some amazing stuff for 20 bucks or less. Often around 5 to 10.
>>
>>1169811
I agree with a lot of this except that progressives consider home cooking "low class." If anything, well-to-do leftists fetishize cooking (and farming).
>>
>>1169522
I cook everyday, mostly for my gf (despite being French she isn't a great cook).

However, considering that we live in Paris, it would be retarded not to go to restaurants every now and then. At the moment I go maybe two or three times a week to a brasserie or restaurant. Usually I just get a charcuterie/cheese board with some friends after work however sometimes it's really amazing to go to a nice restaurant (18+ euros for a dish) and just spend a few hours enjoying food. We always share everything we order and you really get to enjoy so many flavours.

Anyway, are you American? Maybe attitudes are different there. I'm pretty lucky to live in a city where I can walk downstairs and there are restaurants and bars all along my road.

The only downside is that waiters are often total assholes. This stereotype is very much true.
>>
>>1170465

I don't know about you, but I like to look smart and go out for dinner with a woman who is also looking good. This is kind of my point that a lot of men don't really understand; they finish their food and think shit like;

"£12 for that?"
"Okay, what are we going to do now?"
"Man, I wish I was watching the game."

>>1169811

>Women are told that cooking is not mandatory
>DAMN LEFTISTS!

Besides, in most Western countries, you need to cook to live because eating out it too dear, unless you could swing by McDonald's 3 times a day.
>>
>>1169522
I like trying new things and I'm not a fan of cooking myself

Plus I live in South Florida so there is a mind-boggling variety of things to try, just this weekend I went to a Cuban-Korean fusion restaurant and it was absolutely amazing

I also go with my manager to lunch almost daily and there's nearly always something new to try

I can understand not "getting it" if you're not a fan of sampling what the world has to offer, but new and exciting food is actually one of the reasons I travel a lot

Different strokes for different folks
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.