[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi folks. In march i'm going to Colombia with my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 2000px-Naval_Ensign_of_Colombia.png (90KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Naval_Ensign_of_Colombia.png
90KB, 2000x1333px
Hi folks. In march i'm going to Colombia with my girlfriend aaaaaaand i want to know which places should i go. We're mainly interested in typical places, pintouresque, not the tourist fake made bullshit. For example, desayunadero de la 42 could be a great place to go. Well, you got the point, don't you? thx in advance guys.
Also i appreciate hints and advices.
>>
>>1169269
It's a relatively big country, do you know where inside the country you are likely to be?

The old city on Cartagena is lovely, but it is generally hot as balls (and slightly more humid than balls) so take that into account. Beaches at Cartagena are pretty crappy, but there are some lovely areas near there, do a bit of Google and make a plan before you go.

The Catedral de Sal near Bogota is worth a stop, an old salt mine, in which miners took to carving little shrines into the walls -- when the mine closed, one of the large galleries was turned into a church. It's maybe a bit touristy, but still, very beautiful. When you reach the lower liits, scout about a bit for the guys who will take you back up "the back way," away from the lighted and church-ized parts, they'll do the traditional "turn off all the lights and marvel at how freakin' dark it is, you can squeeze through some unimproved corridors to get a feel for how crappy it must have been to work there, and get a chance to swing a pick and understand how ridiculously hard it was to dig through the salt deposit.

I did not get to Medellin but friends who went on said it was fun. Maybe you'll see Pablo Escobar's now-feral hippos.

Colombia is largely free of fake bullshit -- their tourist industry has never really recovered from the FARC/Escobar days. Between now and the time you go, keep an eye on what happens as FARC reacts to the plebiscite rejecting the government's peace treaty with the rebel group, and understand where the "no go" areas of the country are.
>>
>>1169269
>bringing sand to the beach

But nah in all honesty

A few places you gotta see are the Rosario islands and old Town Cartagena
>>
OP here. Also i'm staying 3-4 weeks. I know there are some places I surely shouldn't go, not worried about that.
>>1169275
>he guys who will take you back up "the back way,"
I'll have an eye on that, sounds really interesting.
>>
File: SaltCathedral-ZipaquiraColombia.jpg (219KB, 800x515px) Image search: [Google]
SaltCathedral-ZipaquiraColombia.jpg
219KB, 800x515px
>>1169318
Once you go through the main sanctuary, there is a stand where you can buy drinks or a snack, and some tables. Near that the guys may have a booth set up, or may just sort of be lounging around -- when I was there, they had the booth, friends said the booth was gone but the guys still there on another trip.
>>
Any /trv/ recommendations in Barranquilla and around Santa Marta?
>>
>>1169445

Santa Marta: The city itself is ok, much less pretty than Cartagena, also much less touristy! Go to Punta Gallinas and sleep in a hammock at the beach. In Santa Marta a drunk guy tried to rob me, and I was offered child sex (I declined). But the country is safe.
Also, go to Tayrona when in S. Marta.

Medellin: My favourite city, beautiful, clean, tons of stuff to do. Go for a bike tour, a free walking tour, maybe an Escobar tour.

Suggestion: Travel overnight by coach. They're cheap, safe, very comfortable (but very cold due to airconditioning inside).
>>
>>1169275
Escobar hippos are like 200 km from Medellin, tho', in the Magdalena valley.
>>
>>1169755
Worth every kilometer.
>>
>>1169269
why do you want to visit a third world shithole?
>>
I just spent 3.5 months there, and I can honestly say that unless you're trying to fuck the girls (who are incredible) or learn Spanish, it's not that great. The big tourist attractions are pretty underwhelming.

Medellin is great but it's just for the nightlife and the girls (probably the hottest in the world, but NOT easy).

Beaches in most other major carribean destinations will beat out the ones in Colombia, with the possible exception of Parque Tayrona. But that's usually overcrowded which kills the vibe a bit. Taganga and Rodadero are shithole beaches and a bit dangerous- Rodadero is supposedly safe but I saw a couple gang fights break out right in front of me.

Maybe the coffee triangle is better, I don't know, didn't go there.

My one big recommendation would be Minca. Casa Lima or Casa Elemento and the hikes around there. Really awesome areas and awesome hostel vibes.
>>
>>1170484
>the girls (probably the hottest in the world, but NOT easy).
Why does everyone insist on this bullshit meme? While I agree Colombia has pretty women, most of them are nothing but uneducated basic bitches with fat tits and asses.

Also, not quite sure what you're talking about, I just went to a bar in Bogota and got laid that very same day. Maybe I got lucky but I wouldn't say they're not easy.
>>
>>1170494
>most of them are nothing but uneducated basic bitches with fat tits and asses.

from what neighboring shithole are you from?

also, it's very difficult to find women with ass or tit surgery in Bogota (except whorehouses).
>>
>>1170494
> uneducated basic bitches with fat tits and asses

You say this like it's a bad thing. Basic bitches with fat titties/asses are the average mans dream girls.
>>
>>1170519
fake asses are generally ugly. fake tits... sometimes.
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>1170471
>>
>>1170494
Yep, uneducated basic bitches that are very often insanely hot. I wasn't too impressed with the girls from Bogota or the coast but MedellĂ­n an paisas were a totally different story.

I've heard one night stands are possible in Bogota but very uncommon elsewhere.
>>
>>1170756
How did you go from "fat" to "fake"?
>>
>>1169269

go to andres carne de res. it's a very particular restaurant...
>>
File: IMAGEN-16418822-2.jpg (61KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGEN-16418822-2.jpg
61KB, 600x300px
parque tayrona
>>
Colombian here
Stop coming here for your shitty Escobar wankery, thanks.
>>
San Gil, Santander is a nice quiet town. There's hiking and the old town of Barichara. It's a nice waypoint but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.