[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /trv/ - Would you go on the ultimate adventure? Musk and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mars[1].jpg (47KB, 1100x726px) Image search: [Google]
mars[1].jpg
47KB, 1100x726px
So, /trv/ - Would you go on the ultimate adventure?

Musk and SpaceX want to offer everyone a chance to go. Would you take it?
>>
Yeah, I have nothing to lose. I'd want to die in space.
>>
>>1169030
If they have a decent plan for sustainable living there. Yes.

If I'm just kamikazing mars. No.
>>
>>1169047
Pretty much this. I'm slightly more optimistic though and like the idea of building a new world and branch of human culture.....but even if the thing just fucking explodes and kills everyone a minute after liftoff, those few who attempt will achieve immortality in a sense. If you've got a comfy life, career , and are happy with your current and lokley prospects for the future I can see why you would be afraid, resentful, or just apathetic about this notion though.
>>
>>1169030
>everyone
Not at the prices they are quoting, which are totally unrealistic anyway in the time frame they mention.

I'd go to Mars for a visit, or the moon, or a space station-- I'm a traveler, traveling is something I'd like to do.

Musk the conman is no more likely to make that happen today than he was a few weeks ago when you posted the exact same thing.
>>
>>1169030
I have no desire to go to space, for more or less the same reasons I don't care to go to Antarctica--I travel because I'm interested in people, culture, history, and food, maybe with a small side of nightlife. I can appreciate natural wonders in small doses, but they're never the reason I go somewhere.

If I woke up in a thousand years to find diverse and viable human (or beyond) colonies (nations, civilizations--whatever they'd be by then) in other parts of the solar system, of course I'd visit.

Until then, though, Mars is a science experiment, not travel as I see it.

I hope people do it someday. But I am not at all interested to be a part of it.
>>
Polar or desert regions seem to be more comfy destinations.
>>
>>1169030
>no kayaking
Can't say I'm interested. Maybe when I'm too old to do that though, wouldn't mind dying on a different planet.
>>
>>1169030
Not until there's enough infrastructure in place for me to climb Olympus Mons like in Green Mars.
>>
Hell no. There's still so much left for me to explore here on Earth. If I want that kind of solitude I'd just go out to a desert somewhere in India, Mongolia, Chile, US or Africa.
I'd probably go to Antarctica before Mars.
>>
I "think" I might end up with a degree in sustainable agriculture. So yeah, if I could be one of the first humans to farm on another planet, that would be insanely radical.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.