[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /trv/ My elderly mother wants to take a river boat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: riverboat.jpg (83KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
riverboat.jpg
83KB, 500x350px
Greetings /trv/

My elderly mother wants to take a river boat trip on the Mississippi. Several of the family are interested, or willing, to go with her. I'm not sure.

I can't find much information that makes it sound like there is much to do on such a trip, other than disembark and go see some number of old plantations which frankly sounds boring as fuck.

I'd do it for Mom if she needed to have me go in order to have chance to go herself, but since there are others going, I can skip it in good conscience if I want to.

It doesn't seem a trip that many here would have done, but on the off chance -- anybody done it? If so, what sort of stuff was there to do? Did you like it?
>>
>>1169000
I'd probably do it for the simple reason that it's on a boat.
I love boats.
>>
I'd do it because your mother is old and there's going to be a time when she isn't around anymore and you might as well treasure it while you can.

Also boats are cool.
>>
>>1169000
>I can't find much information that makes it sound like there is much to do on such a trip, other than disembark and go see some number of old plantations which frankly sounds boring as fuck.

What exactly do you have to do which is more interesting than learning about your own country, see new sights, eventually meet new people and bond further with your mother ?
Fucking around on 4chan ?

Jesus, just go and enjoy spending time with your mother while it lasts, she won't be there forever. A memory of a nice boat trip will count a lot more than some ordinary evening you'd have with her otherwise.
>>
>>1169041
>>1169045
Not sure where you guys get the idea I am short on time spent with my mother. We're very close, she lives about 10 minutes from my house, we spend a lot of time together. This trip would not be our last great chance to bond.

> What exactly do you have to do which is more interesting than learning about your own country, see new sights, eventually meet new people...?

What I am trying to find ut is, will I be doing any of that on these river cruises? I live in the South, I've seen more plantation houses than most people. Far as I can tell, that's about it -- but if somebody has been on these things ad has any info, I'd be interested.
>>
There isn't much to do on them. Most are dinner cruises. There was one in Muscatine Iowa that was owned by a nice restaurant that have nice dinners and decent booze but after 45 minutes you are pretty much over it.

My favorite ones are in Louisiana.

http://www.americancruiselines.com/Cruises/mississippi-river-cruises/new-orleans-new-orleans
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.