[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had a free plane ticket to anywhere in the United States,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: USA.jpg (143KB, 1220x825px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
143KB, 1220x825px
If you had a free plane ticket to anywhere in the United States, where would you go?

The plane ticket expires in February 2017. You've already extensively traveled through California, Florida, and Nevada so you'd prefer other places.

So I ask you:
Where would you go? What would you do? What would you see?

I need ideas please, and preferably nowhere too freezing. Thanks.
>>
>>1168998
I would probably go to New Orleans, because I've never been. I would look at old stuff, eat, see some kind of live music, and probably do some public drinking just because I could. If a week seemed too long, I'd probably tack on some kind of swampy/bayou side trip. Savannah, GA might be another contender, although it doesn't have the same food or nightlife reputation.

I've traveled quite extensively in the Northeast, Midwest, and West, and although I lived in North Carolina for a few years I have not traveled that much in the Southeast.
>>
>>1169007
I would either go to Utah to see the Rocky Mountains, the canyons, the Great Salt Lake, the forests and national parks etc.

Or go to Louisiana because the French presence there intrigue me. My first language is French and I'd really love to meet French Cajuns just to talk with them and see how they live their lives in French. I would also really love to visit New Orleans for its food and its music , and visit the surrounding swamps as well.
>>
>>1168998
Go to a city that has a major international hub and leave this shitty country
>>
>>1168998
Is it a round trip ticket ? If not go to the tip of Texas and drive your way back home. Should make for some interesting sights.
>>
>>1169007
Lived in both New Orleans and Savannah.

They are both charming as hell. Savannah has more towny feel and is much more beautiful. New Orleans has incredible night life, music, and food - but is a large city and so takes months to comprehend.
>>
>>1169022
12edgy24me.mp3
>>
>>1168998
>travelling within the us

why ?
>>
>>1168998
Depending on the exact rules:
1) American Samoa -- it looks like the most exotic of the US overseas possessions, and, personally, the last one I haven't visited yet.
2) Hawaii, not quite as exotic as AS, but still the tropical environment.
3) El Paso, to do the loop by Carlsbad Caverns and southern New Mexico.
>>
>>1168998
i know you said nowhere too freezing but i've always wanted to go to alaska

charleston maybe?
>>
>>1169211
Their new tourism slogan is "Alaska: Not freezing in the summer!"

>>1168998
Maybe Hawaii, since I have never been and I always wanted to see a volcano volcanoing it up.

The Oregon coast is also just really beautiful -- I would not live there for anything, as the culture just grates on my nerves for some reason, ut the scenery is amazing.
>>
I would recommend the pacific NW for someone who likes concentrated, beautiful nature.

>>1169199
Dont go to carlsBAD. Trust me.
>>
File: alaska tourism poster 1878D34m.jpg (834KB, 1069x839px) Image search: [Google]
alaska tourism poster 1878D34m.jpg
834KB, 1069x839px
>>1169296
Holy shit it's true.
>>
Other than Florida, are there any places in the South worth visiting?
>>
>>1170470
Depends, what do you like?
>>
I'd visit the mountains in Colorado first, I've been hoping to go skiing again someday (haven't been in years when I visited Lake Tahoe), and then I'd probably visit NYC next if just for a broadway production.
>>
>>1170470
I'd have to second the colonial port cities like New Orleans, Savannah, St Augustine, etc. Real neat histories there. Hell, I live in NC and the Outer Banks are awesome as well, and the Appalachians should be coming into full 'bloom' in a few weeks. Any coastal state will have fascinating colonial history and culture.

There's also always Hawaii.
>>
i would go to northern montana and go to glacier national park and see all the mountains it looks gorgeous there
>>
File: Dream Theater celebrating.png (819KB, 1280x735px) Image search: [Google]
Dream Theater celebrating.png
819KB, 1280x735px
>>1170715
Came here to post this. Nice taste, anon.

OP: Look into the National Parks and see which are most appealing to you. Could be a nice starting point. They are quite diverse.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.