[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I am looking for general advice on travel. I have never travelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: travel-banner.jpg (102KB, 1600x700px) Image search: [Google]
travel-banner.jpg
102KB, 1600x700px
Hi I am looking for general advice on travel. I have never travelled but people in my spectrum club have started talking about travel and now I'm thinking of going. What are good places/tips for people with autism? I don't like to be touched and need my own room. I am can read all day about horses and horse armour. I do not like dogs. I also like anime but am not interested in Japan.

Thanks.
>>
Probably Sweden
>>
Anywhere. Just don't go to crowded tourist hotspots and don't get a shared dorm. If you're interested in military horses, maybe visit traditional towns in Spain or something? You probably won't see any wearing armour but there's a lot of museums about old war horses etc.

All I'll say is that some towns might have a lot of stray dogs running around.
>>
Sweden and Finland if you like autistic people.
>>
>>1167675
I'd say Finland because there's a high incidence of autism so you'd feel at home. Sweden is full of naive normie cunts and the refugees are annoying, but maybe the northern regions are fine. Have heard good things about Estonia and Latvia.

Would recommend France, rural England and possibly Poland if you're into horses and medieval history.
>>
>>1167675
Are you interested in dressage? The Spanish Riding School outside of Vienna is famous for its classical dressage performances with the Lipizzaner stallions--you may have seen clips. I don't particularly like horses but found it impressive. And Austria is in general a bit uptight, like most of the Germanic world, so it's not the kind of place where you will get a lot of hugs or cheek-kisses from strangers. Southern Europe and the Mediterranean are generally a little more touchy.

Siena, in northern Italy, might be a little physically grabby/expressive for your taste (the Italians are people who like to touch), but the famous Palio (bareback horse race through the medieval old walled city) is an impressive spectacle, too. Twice yearly, in July and August. Crowded, so book early to get private room.

You say you are not interested in Japan, but aspects of Japanese culture may appeal to you as a person with autism--it's a reserved place, not physically expressive or big on public touching. Many other parts of Asia are similar, actually. But Japan is probably the shyest.
>>
>>1167675
Montana
>>
>>1167675
Can you drive? Or is your vacation limited to public transport to get around? That matters.

Traveling is worth it. Fact. So, I guess depending where you live and what you do already, the easiest thing to do is make a plan to do something within a day's distance from your current locale. Going to the beach, setting up your towel and cooler, reading your book, enjoying the waves and a little people watching with your swim. Maybe your idea is to go to a restaurant you've been wanting to try. A museum of great acclaim (go to the before-hours guided tour for extra money, and you'll get a personal trip without the crowds). Buy the guidebook, or do the TripAdvisor ranking to plan your trip. Anyway, whatever you think you should or shouldn't, it's worth doing new things, of course.

Tell us more where you are? where you were thinking of going?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.