[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came back home after living in a continent for almost a year.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5645748456743.jpg (20KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
5645748456743.jpg
20KB, 400x308px
I came back home after living in a continent for almost a year. After that it was weird. Most of the people I met was acting weird with me. When I happened to walk by past them I would wave or say hi, and they would ignore me like I never existed; or when I have a conversation with someone e.g. from work, there's just nothing to talk about anymore.
I am beginning to feel isolated, depressed and feeling the consequences. I am getting lesser hours from work, people I try to talk to seems to be fake and hostile. The only friend I talk to is a high school friend whom I never see face to face anymore, but online.

Does anyone here feel this way also? What is happening, and what do I do?
>>
>>1166999
obviously we can't really know exactly what's going on from that alone, but yeah, I feel like this, but probably for very different reasons

people naturally connect emotionally to people who share their experiences.

having experienced many different things, you now naturally have less commonality with people.

people don't connect often on a purely intellectual level. so you can't talk to them about what you came to "understand" or whatever, but neither can you share your emotions with them.

congrats, you got a little older. it's natural.

you can either go back to having a somewhat limited perspective, and enjoy the same things as your peers again, and in exchange gain emotional warmth again, or you can continue to push traveling, and slowly become less relateable to normal people.

I haven't found a way out. I just try to keep contact with my closest friends, who drift away one by one. I speak three languages now, and I've found people in one of those languages relate to me a liiiittle better.

we're just getting old anon. find a wife and pop out some kids.
>>
>>1166999
Not even trying to be rude, but what did you expect? A year is quite awhile, no matter how you cut it. Many people find a degree of separation that """extreme""" to be very distancing, but all that should tell you is that you were never super intimate friends in the first place if the responses you listed when you came back are what you experienced. You have some cool adventures under your belt now and that counts for a lot more than just staying put. I'm not saying flaunt it around, but you can safely know to yourself you've experienced things the vast majority won't.
>>
>>1166999
I can easily interact with all kinds of people. I do sometimes keep a distance with people who are sometimes energy drainers people who are just all drama. But, I have accepted that I'm primarily introverted and need a lot of time on my own. Don't overthink or overanalyze. The right people will be accepting and the others you really don't need in your life anyway.
>>
>>1167006
Oh my fucking god can you be any more pretentious you cunt

>muh traveling shapes character so much filthy normie plebs just can't connect with us anymore
>>
>>1166999
Don't worry, you're just a real traveler now, hence your post number.
>>
>>1168252
But it does shape character, travelling to SEA made me realize just how much I value freedom of speech, winter, safe roads, democracy and being able to isolate myself from filthy fucking normies and so on. I'm glad I went because now my waifu and I can live smugly with the knowledge that most of the filthy uncultured peasants over there will be denied entry to Canada and I'll likely never have to put up with them again as long as I avoid Hongcouver.
>>
>>1168234
I've been away for half a year and also found out/ accepted that I'm introverted.
However, in my teenage years I used to be outgoing and kind of an extravert.
I wonder if I'll ever be the old me again :(
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.