[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im really thinking in moving out of the US. Ive been a resident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Wallpapers 4K Woman4.jpg (4MB, 3680x2453px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpapers 4K Woman4.jpg
4MB, 3680x2453px
Im really thinking in moving out of the US.
Ive been a resident here for about 13 years. I dont have any criminal background, and i have a bullshit bachelor's degree.
I am Mexican, the upcoming election really worries me. It worries me that my residency can be taken at any time and ill be thrown to that shithole that is mexico, and be killed because my spanish is not proper and im a "nortern with "money". The place that i come from is like that, i just had some familly killed.
And no, i cant just become a citizen. Its compicated.

What are palces that are easy to migrate to?
Ive done the move once, and i can do it again. Learning languages and being accustomed to a different culture is not a problem.

If i sell all my assets plus ehatever i have in savings, ill probably have around 50k USD to play with

Any mexican expats here? That arent in USA?
>>
>>1166572
Why don't you spend the next year or two nailing down a very useful master's degree, using the land of opportunity and income you can do to multi-task a degree and work both.

Then, you can think about emigrating somewhere that actually might give a damn about you. You're right in that a basic bachelor's isn't that easy to market. Maybe you'd even be happy teaching English...but the best jobs want that Master's.
>>
If you're illegal get out.
>>
File: Elizabeth_Olsen_56.jpg (336KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth_Olsen_56.jpg
336KB, 1200x1800px
>>1166579
Im not illegal, but i can be thrown out of the country any time your goverment has a tantrum.

>>1166578
I do want get a master's degree, but with all the bullshit that is happeneng right now have about 6 to 7 months of "normal" living before new rulings are put into place. I have to wait and see who the president is going be, and how is it going to manage people that are in my situation.
Im very pessimistic so i always try to be ready for the worst.
Thats why im looking ahead to see whcih places i can go before its too late and i am forced to go to mexico.
Idk about teaching English, specially since its not my first language i will probably be less desired.
>>
>>1166585
Not him but it does sound like a shame to be constantly worrying about your future like that.

Do you honestly believe that this hypothetical situation may have a big chance of happening?

I mean, life is full of uncertainty and danger, precipices are all around us.You could snap your neck after falling in the shower but you don't need to plan and worry for that, right?
>>
>>1166585
>I do want get a master's degree, but with all the bullshit that is happeneng right now have about 6 to 7 months of "normal" living before new rulings are put into place. I have to wait and see who the president is going be, and how is it going to manage people that are in my situation.
>Im very pessimistic so i always try to be ready for the worst.
Being ready is being marketable for the best jobs. Get the master's now, you'll be more than half done before anyone takes office. Trust me that if the absolute worst happens, you won't be leaving fast, and you won't be leaving mid-degree. Someone not enrolled is like a draft dodger with no prospects. Get the degree. Now, what is it that your Bachelors is in? What do you think you can do with your life that is in demand in every country of the world?
>Thats why im looking ahead to see whcih places i can go before its too late and i am forced to go to mexico.
I get that you want an answer to this question, so you can get a short list of countries that adore mexicans, but no one adores foreigners without money and careers. No one. If you can work in a field they need, you can get in with any kind of visa process. OR, if you're rich, which you aren't, you can deposit 500k and be a resident, like say Cayman or Costa Rica, but that's not you. 50k in liquid assets would let you get a visa if you had a job lined up. That's enough money they don't need to worry about you becoming indigent and a burden while you get settled.

Fast track something. Welding, nursing, teaching, programming, ...get the masters....something in demand. You're in la la land that think that you JUST need a country that wants unskilled refugees.
>>
>>1166943
Hey OP, if you think that living in mexico might be dangerous, because there are mexicans there who will kill you for being "white" can you maybe, possible, think of a reason why white people in america might not want mexicans in their country?

MAYBE?
>>
look into uruguay
>>
Join the military and in a position that doesn't involve the field. They don't deport soldiers
>>
Why was my post removed? OP is crying like a child about how Trump is going to ignore him because of his legal status.
>>
>>1167074
Dude, it's not about race, though. It's just about crime and corruption that allows crime to perpetually win. The reason mexico isn't the safest country has to do with serious organized crime, not the masses of average citizens being somehow dangerous. Any the hidden part tourists don't realize is that the murder rate is half that of the missing rate. There are 2x as many people who go missing who should be assumed dead. These are mexicans who get in trouble just for living in a drug town like their parents before them. The US has a training facility to encourage decent police, but this isn't a unique problem around the world. Corruption is high in a lot of places, Indonesia for instance, from a recent thread.

Now, OP, is living in fantasyland in that the government could or would ever get to the point of rounding up people and deporting them, no matter what ridiculous promises are made by a politician, it wouldn't be reality. When positive promises are made, such as a loophole on the path to citizenship, pay attention to that and take advantage before that gets closed. But negative? Nah. You're anchored. The reason not to get deported? Be educated. OP is half educated, and along with not understanding human nature in the place he is residing (pro-immigrant), he is sitting on his ass for doomsday versus actual preparation. You don't emigrate again, you make yourself a citizen people wouldn't mind having as an immigrant. Go be useful in a top career, and have the credentials. So, when you fly into Canada or wherever else you want for a vacation, someone isn't looking at you funny like you might overstay because you have a life, career, home, family, and money in the bank. It's the same secrets of life for anyone who wants to be successful and happy. Get working not dreaming of escape. The world has a refugee problem right now, in case you haven't noticed. So, get skills, education, money.
>>
I like how in this thread anything that isn't left wing liberal gets deleted. Guess we know who's running this board huh? Literally all I said was trump wasn't a racist and my post get deleted. Classic left wing mods with no regulations to there power.
>>
>>1166572
Reminder that Canada is full and it's an ugly, heavily industrialized shithole. Don't come here, you won't like it.
>>
>>1166572
Panama seems to be a stable, cheap place for expats
>>
>>1167350
It is not because it's not left. It gets deleted because it has nothing to do with answering OPs question and is baiting it to go even further afoot
>>
>>1167391
Most of the OP's argument is on the ground that Trump is a racist, whose only wish is to get rid of Mexicans (which is not true). It's so left it hurts and the mods don't have any restrictions to their power so it's ok for them to do as they please. Very clearly left wing.
>>
>>1167490
That's the background on why he wants tp leave, not an argument. When ypu emgage with that part of the post you are not answering is question about leaving, youare attackinghis reasons for leaving, you are transforming ot from travel question to a pol debate. Let hom have his reasons. Before you say then why put them, because his reasons can inform the suggestions he get. Don't try to change his mind or argue. Jist answer the question or not.
>>
File: 1461993629750.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1461993629750.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>1167524
This is straight up a /pol/ "question" and doesn't belong on /trv/. This "question" is just attacking America which seems to be pretty popular on this board anymore. If the OP wants to ask this question again in /pol/ then that would be alright but this isn't a travel question.

>inB4 "but he's asking where he should go"

yeah that by itself is a /trv/ question but putting it on the premise that America is an evil racist place with a dictator like leader that hunts Mexicans down like Hitler did with the Jews is not /trv/ it's pol. This is a /pol/ question.
>>
>>1166572
>Living in US for 13 years and everything you own is worth just $50K.
>Thinks he is "with money"
Thanks for leaving. You won't be missed.
>>
>>1167536
Not the same anon nor am I the OP, just wanted to add to the conversation but I came in via the Navy and I made slightly over $40,000 in savings when I left, I'm about a quarter through my English Bachelors now.
>>
>>1167533
I agree, don't feed it, report hide and move n. The mods are pretty good to us but stuff has to get reported or they won't see it.
>>
>>1167361

What industry? maple syrup production? hockey pucks?
>>
>>1167862
ad hominem fallacy, please stay on topic or go back to /pol/
>>
>>1166585
If you're not illegal, than you have nothing to worry about you fucking idiot. Pay attention, you've lived in the states for 13 years, pay fucking attention to politics.

>it's another "legal Mexican hates trump" poster

Fuck you.

MAGA
>>
>>1167819
toxic resource extraction. There is literally nothing nice about this country and you won't like it, please stay away :^)
>>
>>1167819
>>1169140
Yeah stay out of Canada, we also have a high amount of violent black on white crimes that don't get reported because it would hurt Canada's reputation for being nice.
>>
I hope you get deported.
Go back to your shithole country, and stop stealing our tax money!
TRUMP!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.