[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really stressing out about this budget I'm on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: AustralianFlag.jpg (180KB, 2254x1861px) Image search: [Google]
AustralianFlag.jpg
180KB, 2254x1861px
I'm really stressing out about this budget I'm on.

I'm pretty much going to Australia for 6 months to visit my fiance,(I live in Canada) She lives with her parents who work(she works too), and I'm going up there with roughly 2.7 thousand dollars (after purchasing plane tickets for there AND back). Would I get turned down from entering the county? Even though I'll be staying with my fiance who works and parents?, while having quite a bit of money to possibly help out?
>>
Probably not. $2700 is a halfway decent amount and so long as you can prove your fiance/family are supporting you for at least a while you'll be fine. You might get stopped and held for a few hours while they check it out though.
>>
>>1166203
Yeah what this anon said. Just as long as you got the correct visa and you can prove everything you'll be fine. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts does your fiance live?
>>
>>1166222
this is the fiance

he will stay with me at my big house
>>
>>1166228
wot >_>
>>
>2.7K
>6 months
bro unless her and her parents are loaded youre gonna be leeching off them for like 5 months
>>
>>1166181

Tourist visa (600) can be granted for up to 12 months, but you can bet they will be on your case to prove you have enough money to support yourself, which for that long will be 10-20k (cost of living here is ridiculous), because you are NOT allowed to work, all the illegal/low paying work is done by dirty brown people.

You might want to consider a working holiday visa (class 417), the threshold for supporting yourself is lower - officially it's 5k but unofficially lower, especially if you have evidence you can stay for free with fiance & have work lined up.

Like anything government related in australia there are hefty fees associated with every permit, visa etc etc. Read more via border.gov.au

Good luck & have a great time should you be allowed in.
>>
I arrived in aus on a one way flight.
they asked how much I had
I told them 10 g
they said "okay"
nobody checked any bank statements or anything
tell them whatever you want
>>
>>1166385
might not be fiancee's after this endeavour me thinks
>>
>>1166181
If I bring equivalent of ~800 euro for my spendings for 1-2 months as long as my family supports me in case of some emergency like robbery etc. is it possible that immigration officers turn me down? I try to travel as cheap as possible, I never eat at bars and I camp as my accommodation.
>>
>>1166510
That's approx $1,200, which equates to between $20- $40/day. If you're staying a month you could probably just scrape by, but 2 months I really doubt it. A hostel dorm is going to be at least $20/night, so you can rule out staying in cities. Campgrounds aren't easy to access without a vehicle.

If you are really set on this it might be better to make sure you're groomed and dressed in clean clothes, then do as >>1166415 says.
>>
I think the real question is, what sort of loser is engaged to a chick he doesn't even spend time with? Couldn't find a girl in real life, had to use the internet? Guess meeting girls in person is too scary, huh?

What's wrong buddy?

Sooner or later you"re going to have to confront your shortcomings. The novelty of being different and exotic will wear off, and once the anticipation/excitement of finally meeting wears off, your relationship is dead in the water and you'll be back in Canada face to face with your weaknesses and shortcomings.

I give it a month. Maybe two.

Make sure you have enough for an early ticket home...
>>
>>1166510

If any suspicion they will ask you for proof eg online banking, maybe bring / mock up a print out of a bank account showing a modest amount (15k say).

As for camping, major cities do not allow it in parks etc - besides being somewhat dangerous (mostly no, but some areas definitely), it's also unsightly for residents, so the police will move you along.

In all honesty I don't know what kind of existence you plan to eke out on such a pitiful amount of money. You can live cheap, but 99c pasta & sauce or tuna gets old fast, luxury doesn't come cheap - booze is expensive, transport is expensive, most shit is expensive.

Save for another year, then come back, you will have a much more rewarding experience than living like a homeless fuck.
>>
>>1166634
Man, you made a lot of assumptions. Hit a little too close to home?
>>
>>1166181
>ldr
Kek Almighty
>>
>>1166181
I assume you have somewhere to stay for free, because otherwise you're fucked.

Also what are you going to do those 6 monthjs? I hope you plan to get a job working in a restaurant or something

Australia is a fucking expensive place
>>
>>1166181
bud i entered aussie without a work visa or an exit flight (im also canadian) I arrived from NZ. i had like 120 bucks on me no credit card and i had a pocket knife. i declared it and walked in line looking bored and drowsy, popo never searched me nothing they never asked one question my man. they were like why did you declare you have weapons and im like yeah i have a small blade they were like ok you're cool.

the border security shows catch niggas because they look shifty or are from high risk countries or dont have their story straight.
you're fine man fuck. I could have been smuggling in dope and i would have been fine
>>
>>1166181
>>1166392
I'd have to agree with this Anon, you're gonna need a little more cash if you want to make it worth-while. Menial labour isn't hard to find if you look a little bit, and maybe offer to get paid under the table.

>>1166634
Don't listen to this shit cunt. My step-father was in the exact same situation as you. Met my mother through World of Warcraft, and he came to visit for a few months. They've been happily married for about 10 years and he makes decent money as a welder.
>>
Not sure where you're going, but we have this company in Adelaide that runs these tuk-tuk like bikes around the cbd. Apparently you HAVE to be a visiting foreigner to work for them.
>>
>>1168802
>>1168802
Yeah mate I bought 2 of those pedicabs from aedelaide, good cycles maximus bikes, started riding in Sydney.

Usually would clear $1000 or so in a weekend from taking fares/doing tours in Sydney, of course that's as an independent owner, often renters get jewed HARD (hence why they only rent to backpackers).

Back in the day it was just me and a few mates riding in sydney. we sold them to a guy who was a bit more enterprising and now he's got like 50 rolling around Sydney.

Pedicab owners can range from pretty decent guys to absolute crooks, generally I charge around $100 USD/week, anything more than $150 is simply not work your while. There is usually a deposit for damages, this is standard. Do NOT agree to any training fees, percentage arrangements, "holds" on your money, or anything else that sounds sketchy. Hourly cost is borderline, what happens more often than not is you get stuck with shitty shifts and make fuck all.

Overall, pedicabbing is a brilliant way to earn a living while traveling, you'll have a blast and it's no taxes, no visa, no problem. Just don't try to do it in London.

Ama
>>
>>1166228
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.