[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to fuck off to a low cost of living big city for three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

Looking to fuck off to a low cost of living big city for three months next summer. The cheaper the food and entertainment, the better, but also want a good price/value ratio.

Major cities I've heard of for longer stays are Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur and Buenos Aires. Any thoughts on these or are there much better options?
>>
>>1165477
KL is pretty boring aside from the food, which is excellent.
>>
Looked into Buenos Aires before and I swear it's actually pretty expensive.

From that thread I concluded Ukraine or Serbia for a well-rounded place to have a good time. Thailand isn't cheao anymore but I would gladly play that premium to have everything the country has to offer that accessible. There's a reason it's such a hot spot
>>
>>1165477
Medellin is what you're looking for. You'll love it.
>>
>>1165532
except that locals are pricks. If you don't know anyone I wouldn't recomment it. Better go for SEA. Saigon is pretty good. Bangkok is more expensive but better entertainment-wise.
>>
>>1165477
Budapest.
>>
>>1165605
Sorry you ran into some locals who were pricks. Folks there were very decent and friendly to me.

Perhaps you find what you look for.
>>
Try Slovenia. You'd most likely stay in a rather small city, though.
>>
How much is "low cost of living", most people in my country live just fine on $200/month.
>>
>>1165477
BELGRADE
hot chicks lots of booze and clubs
they love foreigners just never under any circumstance flash cash you'll get jumped
>>
Ukraine is cheap as fuck.
Like cheaper than cheap.
>>
>>1167979
it's also a literal warzone

you'd have just as much fun wandering around 1980's Ireland
>>
>>1167981
What a load of shit.
Fighting is contained to a place of 0 interest.
Rest of the country is fine.

Russian butthurt is strong everywhere with draped statues and whatnot but that's about it.

Have you ever actually been there?
>>
>>1165477
>HCMC
Overpriced as fuck, try Bangkok instead.
>>
>>1167984
My mom's relatives live at Zakarpattia place, and despite being located at the very west of Ukraine it is VERY unsafe to wander there, esp if you are alone and don't know local language. Mom's brother and wife moved to Italy now, grandparents urged me not to visit them and told about recent shootings that often take place at borders.
And it is literally the opposite part of the country from the 'war zone'.
>>
>>1168213
Me, I found it much easier to meet people in HCMC and in Hnaoi than in Bangkok. If I were choosing one to live in for a time, I think I'd knock Bangkok off my list.

Your mileage may vary, of course. I can't speak to relative cost, since I was in Thailand and Vietnam in different decades so things may have changed.
>>
>>1168227
Lmao what a complete load of shit
I'm in zakarpattia oblast for business every few months and it's a stuck in the 80s post soviet rundown kind of region that's all
It's no dangerous place whatsoever
>>
>>1168251
>it's a stuck in the 80s post soviet rundown kind of region that's all
>It's no dangerous place whatsoever

pick one faggot
>>
>>1165532
I spent the summer there and wouldn't recommend it. It's getting more expensive and locals (especially local girls) are a bit wary of gringos now. Young gringos are assumed to be there for coke and to try to fuck local girls for free, older ones are usually sex tourists.

Most people that advocate for MedellĂ­n were there a few years ago, it's still nice but changed fast. People say that Pereira might be a decent alternative.

Anyway, I'd highly suggest Saigon over anywhere else. The culture is amazing, cost of living the cheapest out of anywhere I've been, and they LOVE white guys. And you can get a cheap scooter (200USD or less) and go on some amazing rides around the country if you know what you're doing.
>>
Agree with the consensus that KL doesn't have much, and it's insanely hot there all the time too. Like, you can't walk a few minutes at 9PM without sweating.

BUT it's also the hub for AirAsia, which means that you can fly super cheaply to anywhere in SE Asia. And it's pretty much first-world in amenities, and IMO the best food in the world. And the girls love white guys, I always had a tinder date to play tour guide there.
>>
>>1168228
Bangkok is dramatically more expensive than Saigon now. And I did find it easier to meet people all around Vietnam too because you're a huge novelty there.
>>
I'm wondering this myself, except I want to establish myself somewhere cheap in the hopes of an easy living making western levels of money online (somehow). Romania seemed like the most atttactive option, although anywhere safe, cheap, and with decent internet is on the table. Is there hope for me?
>>
>>1168257
It's rundown, it's not dangerous.
>>
>>1168571
>in the hopes of an easy living making western levels of money online (somehow)
If this was possible, why do you think all the locals wouldn't be doing it?
>>
>>1168602
What makes it not possible? What prevents locals from doing it? The average salary there is equivalent to that of a part-time mcdonalds worker here. Surely that cant be that hard to scrounge for. Aren't digital nomads a thing?
>>
ho chi min or saigon

just don't hang out with the wrong crowd of expats. there are plenty of good people. but also lots of complete loser all cracked out.
>>
>>1168724
>>What makes it not possible? What prevents locals from doing it?
That's what I'm asking. Obviously it's something, because why else wouldn't they be doing it and living like kings there?
>>
>>1167984
>>1168227
>>1168257
Buddy, I just solo traveled Ukraine at age 18 and had zero problems whatsoever. I do not speak Russian and I had never been there before nor do I know anyone or anything there. I don't know why you claim it's so dangerous. Felt safer than my Islamic western Euro city that I live in now.
>>
>>1168291
Dang. Where in South/Central America can you reccommend that is cheap and great for a long stay/work?
>>
>>1168602
It's not impossible. As a westerner if you're not retarded you can find a way to make at least more than the average local. Whatever more is can be highly dependent... But it's really not that impossible.

Ie you can bartend at fancy bars in poor parts of the world and you don't think you'd stand out to other tourists as this guy who deserves some fucking tips? How about being an English tutor for rich families? Teaching yoga to tourists who will gladly pay 10 bucks a class adds up.
>>
>>1169063
>As a westerner
And the locals won't be doing it because...?

We were talking about online work, not whoring and bartending btw.
>>
>>1168294
>t. Vietnam Internet Defense Force
Definitely not true, I live in Bangkok for 6 months a year and it's about 1/5 the cost of HCMC
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.