[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acolyte of the peaceful religion here... My question is how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Mohammed-5.jpg (57KB, 350x442px) Image search: [Google]
Mohammed-5.jpg
57KB, 350x442px
Acolyte of the peaceful religion here...

My question is how are Muslims regarded in the eastern bloc (and the world in general)?

I've been interested in visiting it for years but have always been put off by the perceived xenophobia of the locals which I imagine is now heightened by the refugee/ migrant shit of recent years

P.s I honestly don't want to blow anyone up nor do I hate the west/ white people. I drink alcohol, eat pork went to a Catholic school and have been brought up in London
>>
That's a very interesting question, to be honest. I can give you a few pointers.

>Serbia

Muslims are viewed with a little prejudice, now more with Kosovo's independence (98% Muslim) and they've had quite the genocidal history towards Albanians

>Bulgaria (where I'm from)

It's A LOT more complex due to the Ottoman Empire, Commnunists, etc. I'll be brief, in present day Bulgaria Muslims aren't discriminated against and are treated with respect. Muslims have been around here since the late 1300s when Bulgaria fell under Ottoman rule. Country was liberated in the late 1800s but the mark has been left and you'll see a lot of mosques that were churches, which later became churches and vice versa. Some ethnic Bulgarians converted to Islam, we have ethnic Turks who are also Muslims and the scum of the Earth gypsies who want to present themselves as Turks.

The worst time to be a Muslim in Bulgaria was in the 70s and 80s when communists flipped their shit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revival_Process

Now that it's over things are back to normal. Refugee impact is low here, so you won't have that recent stigma.

I'm interested in hearing from other Anons about

>Russia
>Poland
>>
>>1164658
I didn't know that about Bulgaria. Sounds interesting.

What is there to do/ see in Bulgaria?
>>
>>1164658
"a little prejudice"
Serbs slaughtered muslims like only 15 years ago, not only albanians but bosnians too.
>>
>>1164622
I would stay out of Poland, Ukraine, Hungary, Belarus and Russia if I were you.

You'll most likely be fine but those countries have an ( understandable ) hate of the followers of the Pedo.
>>
>>1165242
Damn, Ukraine and especially Hungary were one of my must see places,

I might risk Hungary, how severe is the danger level?
>>
>>1165217
A lot to see and do, pham. On mobile rn but if you're interrstrd lemme know.

Basically A LOT of culture. Bulgaria is one of the. very few states that has used its original name throughout its existence.

Bulgaria comissioned the Cyrillic alphabet that Russia now famously uses, but Mongolia and some other obscure places use it, too.

Food and drink are cheap & good.

Ski in winter, black sea access in the summer, hiking in spring and autumn. There is always something.
>>
>>1165553
Magyars are about as friendly to Muslims as Slavs, so not at all. It's one thing to be walking down the street in the middle of the day, and another to find yourself near some drunken Eastern Euro lads at night.

Bulgaria is pretty Muslim friendly from what I hear. And the entirety of Western Europe will accept you. But I understand why you wouldn't want to go to Western Europe at the time. The recent refugee demographic changes have ruined a lot of the larger cities for tourists.
>>
>>1165570
>And the entirety of Western Europe will accept you.

We probably are not going to beat the shit out of you but "accept" is not exactly the right word.
We don't want more shitskins here. Hijab girls and young, healthy Muslim males pretending to be poor traumatized Syrians have become a common sight in Germany since the refugee crisis. Germany used to be pretty friendly or at least indifferent towards shitskins but a lot of people have become sensitive towards negros and arabs since the migration crisis.
Some are more openly hostile, others are more subtle. Unless you deliberately mess around with drunks at night you're probably still good but if you wear a hijab or talk loudly in sandspeech with your 20 Arab cousins in public transport you can expect a few contemptuous stares.

tl;dr please don't come here
>>
File: tfw.jpg (23KB, 425x328px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
23KB, 425x328px
>>1165584
>>
>>1164622
I don't know if you care about visiting Romania but you won't have any sort of problems there either.
>>
>>1165568
Definitely interested now, Bulgaria was on my peripheries but culture/ history is what I live for. So please go on.

>>1165570
I've met several Hungarians and they were the nicest people I've ever met, used to work with one and he was inviting me to his home to meet his mum and try her cooking. I'm still going to chance it and visit.

>>1165584
I don't know mate, visited westphalia and didn't even get a dodgy look, friendly locals on the whole

>>1165609
Honestly I've never thought about Romania
>>
>>1165609
>>1165613
Having said that, Romanian food is fantastic. Sarmale and meech (sp) is delicious
>>
>>1165613
https://youtu.be/7lJYq6bjHTQ

A wonderful folk song. One of the ones selected to represent Earth and put on the golden record on voyager. I think you will also enjoy the kaba-bagpipes which Bulgaria is famous for. Music and dancing are big here but to see a proper display live you need to hit some of the festivals/people's gatherings.

With regards to history I think just as any other nation, it will mostly be important to us alone. You will be very intetested in the hate-love-hate thing we have had with Russia though. The relationship is very nuanced and you will be able to pick up on the Soviet-era rus trying to supress imperial-era rus which have also had an influence in our history.

Throughout its existence Bulgaria has always strived for its own way, though. One of our songs is about how after Tzar Simeon defeats the Byzantines he rejects their gold tribute and requests that the enemy Emperor bow to him "and after that we will see".
>>
>>1164622
You should stay out of all of them and do the local residents a favour.
>>
>>1164622
Most of us have had only negative experiences with your kind, and it's quite obvious that the lot of you are mostly just ruining western europe. If you're unlucky, you'll get stabbed and left to die in a gutter, which is more or less what we feel is the only thing keeping us from being overrun by your kind.

If you're smart, you'll stay away. If you're kind and respectful, you'll stay away. If you're here, we can only assume you're an invader. That's just how it is until you can control your own population.
>>
>>1166241
You should stick to areas where people's skin colour matches your own too, I'm sick and tired of cumskins cumming up my neighborhood.
>>
>>1166280
>implying white people go to countries full of brown crime ridden people
the only place they go in substantial numbers are south east asia, a group of people that they aren't afraid of getting stabbed or shot by
>>
>>1166258
Many people in the UK (where OP is from) feel the exact same way about slavs mang.

That said OP I was in Budapest earlier on this year, saw a few Muslims around the place. Didn't stop to ask any how their day was going but I'd say you'll be fine as a tourist.

I'm moving to Slovakia today, in the airport as I type. If this thread is still going in a day or two I'll give you my first impressions.
>>
>>1166295
you'll have a point when the majority of slavs support suicide bombings and the beheading of nonslavs.

until then you just come across as an idiot
>>
>>1166299
Nah dude I'd say I have a pretty balanced view of the world
>>
>>1166079
Not sure about the music mate, sounded like wailing to my philistine ears. Possibly an acquired taste.

The Russian/Bulgarian aspect seems like right up my alley

>Tzar Simeon defeats the Byzantines he rejects their gold tribute and requests that the enemy Emperor bow to him "and after that we will see".

Badass as fuck. This is what travel should be all about.

>>1166241
Expected these responses much earlier family

>>1166258
It is a pity and I make no excuses for my fellow brothers. The vast majority do hold tribal and backwards view when it concerns western culture/customs.

Sorry to tell you mate, I'm not going anywhere and I do fully intend to explore the fantastic cultures of Europe and the world at large.

>>1166295
I'm waiting for that Slovakia update lad.
>>
>>1164622
> acolyte of a peaceful religion
That's what they told you, Ahmed
>>
>>1166516
So Slovakia. I was at a comedy open mic last night with a load of expats, and performing one after the other there was

>a muslim guy from Kosovo
>a girl from Tehran who I'm gonna assume is a muslim
>a guy from another part of the Middle East

So in short, I'd say you'd be fine over here. I'd wager the guys posting all the "fuq all mudslimes" stuff are eastern european basement dwellers.
>>
>>1166726
also stop being a pussy about it and just go
>>
>>1165236
It was a slaughter free-for-all. Serbs were also getting slaughtered. The only real difference is that they held the balance of power when it was all Yugoslavia. Don't kid yourself into thinking that if the capital was in Sarajevo, Zagreb or Pristina it would have been a whole lot different in terms of bloodshed.
>>
Hungary, Czechia, Slovakia and Slovenia are perfectly safe to go to. Friendly people as long as you respect the culture, meaning no allahu ackbaring in public, dressing like a normal human being and clean shaved face. If you do that, you will probably be fine even at night. Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia and even Russia are fine, as long as you don't piss anyone off.

I'd advise against going to Poland and Ukraine if you're a muslim, but that's just my opinion.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.