[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm having some thoughts about visa issues/passport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: index.png (3KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 278x181px
Hi,

I'm having some thoughts about visa issues/passport stamps and thinking that multiple passports may be able to help me with this issue.

Essentially I want to visit Iran, but as of Dec 2015 this means that I will be no longer eligible for a USA ESTA or VWP. This is a massive ballache and something I want to avoid.

My country (IRE) allows me to hold two passports at one time, and I'm also eligible for a UK passport, so getting a second one is not a big issue for me.

What I want to know is this; will there be any way that USA border control will know I have visited Iran if I only get the stamp on one of my passports (and use the other one). Is there some electronic register of what countries you have visited? Or is it solely the stamps in your passport that gives them this information.

I guess this is also relevant to Israel stamps and getting into Arab countries - does anyone have any experiences to share?

Cheers.
>>
>>1161224
I think you could work with two different passports.

For other anons who only have one, maybe you can 'loose' your passport if it doesn't expire in time (5,5 more years to go for me) and apply for a new one.

With all the spying going on, maybe the USA will look up your details and travel history. Maybe they'll find it. If you're really paranoid you may consider flying to Canada or Mexico and entering overland so you don't give them time to prepare and do a thorough search on you. Assuming they investigate people who buy plane tickets into the US, that is.

If all else fails, just go to Iran and forget about the USA. Iran is definitely worth it!
>>
>>1161224
I don't know, but I'm monitoring this thread with interest. European here, I really want to visit Iran, but I also don't want to get fucked in the ass by getting a travel ban to the US.
>>
when filling out the esta you're asked whether you've visited iran. whether you did so on another passport is irrelevant. so you'd have to lie about that - a bad idea.
>>
>>1161685
How would they know if you have?
>>
>>1162444
>How would they know if you have?

Airline passenger manifests, presumably. Or am I being paranoid?
>>
I think there's no way they would know. I'd do it. In fact I have two passports, I'm choosing my xmass/NY travel now and considering Iran. Unless you are on some funny watchlist.
>>
File: lol_speedycat.gif (29KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
lol_speedycat.gif
29KB, 200x145px
>>1161224
>Essentially I want to visit Iran, but as of Dec 2015 this means that I will be no longer eligible for a USA ESTA or VWP.

Is it going to be retroactive? I mean, if you got o Iran before the restrictions kick in, are you OK? Id so, you have a couple of months, get going.
>>
>>1162550
Everybody who has been to Iran since 2011 now has to apply for a visa.
We're talking about december 2015, not 2016.

>>1162447
>>1162512
Ever heard of the NSA? I wouldn't be surprised if they just type in your name or passport number into their system to show the red flags they have on you.
>>
>>1162593
>We're talking about december 2015, not 2016.

Which is a couple of months away. Which does not matter, given the rest of your post.
>>
>>1162593
>I wouldn't be surprised if they just type in your name or passport number into their system to show the red flags they have on you.

That would not surprise me either, but that does not answer whether it is true, and whether a second passport would solve the problem for OP.
>>
>>1162609
>Which is a couple of months away.
No it isn't. It's almost a year ago.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.