[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. I'm thinking bout joining the French foreign legion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 0

So. I'm thinking bout joining the French foreign legion. I've nothing to live for here in the states. It seems a better option than offing myself. I'll fly to Paris and have a few thousand dollars to have a good time with before i enlist. If i renounce my US citizenship while I'm there and they happen to not accept me, I can try to live as an immigrant? How does that work ?
>>
>>1161071
If you can't make it in civilian life what makes you think you'll make it in one of the most brutal Special Forces units in the world? FFL can afford to be selective, what do you have that hardened soldiers, fighters and criminals do not?

If you have no skills and want some purpose the regular US military will take you no worries. If you want to work outside the states look into teaching English, studying abroad, or doing a WHV in a high-wage country like Australia.
>>
>>1161080
If the US has access to my physiatric history, no way they let me in
>>
>>1161088
Ugh, psychiatric
>>
>>1161089
Not even psychiatric. Just plain medical history.
>>
>>1161080
I got too much baggage for the other options
>>
>>1161088
Ok, so if you have a history of mental health concerns that precludes you from serving in the regular forces of your own military, how are you going to cope with the rigors of special forces training in a country that views you as an expendable foreigner? As I said the FFL isn't desperate for recruits, they don't take just anybody. They want people who will be professional,disciplined, squared-away, not some unpredictable liability. Soldiering is fucking hard work and sucks balls most of the time, it's not a job you should do just because you can't think of anything else to fill your time.

I'm not trying to shit on your dreams here, but if you're depressed then attempting something doomed to failure isn't going to help your mental state.

The good news is you have plenty of other good options. As I said before, look at Aus/NZ WHV. It's pretty much the best country in the world for an idiot with a strong back - you can easily make $20+/hr in unskilled labour. If you did a trade course you could conceivably make 3 times that, or more depending on your location. If that's not for you, teaching English abroad can get you good money. Even volunteering is a worthwhile activity, provide it's legit work and not just a 2 week instagram shoot with brown orphans.
>>
>>1161097
Why? I've travelled a fair bit and worked in a range of industries, and in that time I've met plenty of people who I could tell had a troubled past, but it didn't bother me as long as they did their job properly or were a decent dude to hang out with.

To be honest nobody outside family and close friends really gives a shit about your baggage, and I mean that in a positive way - everybody has enough of their own problems to spend time judging yours.
>>
>>1161102
Ok so what if I'm stuck there with no home country?
>>
>>1161104
Well that's why you come up with a proper, thought-out plan and keep some money in reserve.
>>
Hi, saw this post.

I love guns, I got kicked out of navy special forces training when I was 18.
I dropped out, my shin was killing me and I was not mentally strong at the time (schizophrenia, first real job, first time being away from my parents.)

Fast forward... I am success via stock market... but I still want to play army and kill humans or die fighting them with guns.

Is FFL right for me, I'm about to turn 27, and hate French with a passion but I do like food, guns and killing animals.
Im bored with life, I can't have kids from fucking too many Asian whores, and I'm bored with business.

Is special forces right for a success sterile fuckup?
>>
>>1161130
Being in the military is boring most of the time. It's a job, most of the potentially fun stuff like using weapons, running around doing pretend battles, working with tech etc. is a lot less fun when you have instructors breathing down your neck and pain/exhaustion nagging at you. If you want some excitement in your life, take up a new hobby, change your career, or do some crazy-ass international trip. 27 is pretty old to be starting a career in an infantry role, it is extremely hard on your body.

If you want to get play solider and experience military life without having to completely change your lifestyle, maybe the reserves would be a better choice.

I doubt the FFL is looking for frayed psycopaths, I imagine they much prefer guys that are hardened and can do some unpleasant things but can still be relied upon not to go on a rampage and jeopardise years of work. That said I am just talking from the basis of common sense, I highly doubt anyone who actually knows anything about the reality of life in the FFL will be posting on this board.

If you truly believe the FFL is for you, then by all means go for it. But before you do that, make sure you do your due diligence and make an educated choice, don't base your decision on some romanticised/pop culture idea.
>>
I looked into FFL before I joined Navy, buy since I was american american military seemed easier/better pay especially since it is illegal to serve in foreign countries military if yoir American, and you still have to pay USA taxes unless you abandon citizenship.
FFL is not special forces, they are shock troops... like Marines. First line fodder, or FFL= Romanians/Turks/Algerians instead if niggerd/spics=marines

OP dont kill your self, just worm for TSA or get some other useless govt job. The gov hires tons of f useless people, basically no one actually does any real work in gov... except a few tax collectors... every one just plays a role like soldier, cop l, tescher, help desk... they don't actually do the work.... that's what contractors are for... or the job is chill/sit on ass and pop lay with phone all day...

Read rich dad poor dad... he has accurate ideas of government leeches/workers.

FFL is probably boring as fuck...
Doing useless work, never getting to kill a nigger or gypsy. ( I like black peolpe just the nice wealthy ones though).
Seriously military is gay, let's meet up in Phill , get some girls are to bikini catfight. Rape the loser the winner... and then kill them and say there drug dealers.

Il teach you how to make money after 3 months....
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.