[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend a nice hostel I could stay at in Bangkok?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Fresh ORGANIC Elephant Steaks.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Fresh ORGANIC Elephant Steaks.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Can anyone recommend a nice hostel I could stay at in Bangkok? One that I could bring my mom to (is out of site of "wink wink nudge nudge")?

What do you think is the cheapest way to get from Singapore to Thailand?

Best / Worst beaches you have visited?
>>
>>1160980
Seriously, hotels are so cheap in SEA, why take your Mom to a hostel?
>>
>>1160999
Just to visit, like if she were to come over and see me. I will be in the country for much longer than she will.

I believe she plans to stay in a hotel, but I probably won't.
>>
s.e.a. isn't as cheap as people say it is, maybe it once was but prices are goin' up
>>
Nappark is the best in Bangkok, i've stayed in loads. Its always good for a chill in the outside area and for going out, clean and spacious.
>>
Bed Station is the best IMO. Every one from all walks of life I have recommended it to has loved it. Most recently on this board, a Korean American. Check out the reviews and such as well.
>>
>>1161022
>Bed Station
From the last thread you recommended it, I still think it's a bit holocausty.
>>
>>1161052
>From the last thread you recommended it, I still think it's a bit holocausty.

What do you mean by that. It's literally the 2nd ranked hostel of 902 on ripadvisor. Yard Hostel is ranked # 1 with less than half of the reviews

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d7265013-Reviews-Bed_Station_Hostel-Bangkok.html

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/BED-STATION-Hostel/Bangkok/91518?s_kwcid=AL!591!3!123342367478!e!!g!!bed%20station%20hostel&source=adwordsenhostelnames&network=g&creative=123342367478&adposition=1t1&uniqueclickID=7720531539323112844&sub_keyword=bed%20station%20hostel&sub_ad=e&sub_publisher=ADW&ef_id=VTLMxwAAAQpoKsAr:20160913005737:s

https://www.agoda.com/bed-station-hostel/hotel/bangkok-th.html
>>
>>1160980

>hostel

Muh (((shekels)))

Don't be such a poorfag, a basic but comfortable hotel can be had for cheap, or stay in a guesthouse. Plenty around KSR if you want to mingle with travellers.

>out of sight of sex industry

Well DESU besides the massage touts on lower Sukhumvit Rd, it really isn't that in your face, unless you go walking into Nana Plaza, Patpong or Soi Cowboy, which every tourist should do just to experience the delightful degeneracy that it is. Even then there's no nudity etc visible from the street.

>beaches

Koh Chang was pretty nice but they had an oil spill & that kinda fucked them. There are some nice beaches on the north/west side of Koh Pha Ngan but in all honesty there is so much marine pollution (Thais dont give a shit & throw sewerage & garbage in wantonly) you are better off swimming in the resort pool.

>cheapest way

Air Asia / other LCC
>>
I stayed at Niras Bankoc cultural hostel and it was fantastic, amazing staff that were really helpful. My room smelled like feet but I started dating a backpacker there and her room didn't smell at all.
>>
File: lion_statue.jpg (168KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
lion_statue.jpg
168KB, 1024x685px
>>1161159
>My room smelled like feet
I'm glad you liked it, but this is probably where I would draw the line.

Anyone ever try SCUBA diving in Thailand?
>>
>>1161662
Not really feasible desu
>>
File: pic1-swimming-pool.jpg (53KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
pic1-swimming-pool.jpg
53KB, 680x510px
>>1160980
The Cube Hostel Bangkok. It's very good for the price, and in an excellent location - especially if you are staying a while.

But I have to agree with other people... for the same price you are staying in hostel, you could spend like an extra $25 per night to stay in a 4-star hotel with roof top pool (skyline views), gym, and of course your own private bedroom and bathroom.

Pic related - Furama Hotel Bangkok, very good for price.

PS. I just recently stayed in Bangkok for 3 months. Loved every minute of it.
>>
>>1161662

Koh Tao is where like half of all scuba divers in the world get certified. I did mine there and it was a fantastic little island. Peaceful, pretty beaches, cool forest if you go a bit inland, expensive compared to the mainland but still cheap as hell.

I want to go back to Koh Tao sometime for sure. If I ever get laid off, I'm taking my severance, renting a villa there for 2 or 3 months, and getting certified to teach scuba.
>>
>>1162481
>But I have to agree with other people... for the same price you are staying in hostel, you could spend like an extra $25 per night to stay in a 4-star hotel with roof top pool (skyline views), gym, and of course your own private bedroom and bathroom.
But let's not put a price on not contracting a disease with long term care like TB, or replacing all your shoes because of foot fungus.

Hostel people are some kind of mentality that is based on cynicism.
>>
>>1162496
What the f*** are you trying to say exactly?
>>
>>1162496
My sense is that he does not like diseases and hostels.
>>
>>1162549
It's golden
>>
Check out the Night Markets if you get a chance..
>>
>>1161014
Nappark is great but I would probably want to keep my mother as far away as possible from KSR

+1 for bed station
>>
>>1165255
What is "KSR"???
>>
>>1165549
>kings street road
>>
>>1165551
No you retard it's
>Khe Sanh road
>>
Is it cheaper to fly from Singapore to Bangkok, or the reverse: from Bangkok to Singapore? Any cheap airline reccs?
>>
>>1161005
I'm sure it's much cheaper than the US or Europe
>>
>>1166077
kek that doesn't say much its prob cheaper than vacations in Sydney too
>>
>>1160980
For those of us who do like "wink wink nudge nudge" What are some bigly hotels with outside entry like Motel 6 so I don't have to introduce the front desk clerk to my hooker???

I'm going to be in BKK for a while so I need some recommendations of shit to do for 96 hours...I'm open to all kinds of activities
>>
>>1167629
Most hotels will require your lady friend to check in at reception as they are required to keep their ID on file.
>>
>>1167629
>I don't have to introduce the front desk clerk to my hooker???

That's actually a good thing. They help make sure she doesn't fuck you over
>>
>>1167758
How? Why would the lady at desk care whether or not I get fucked over?

>>1167740
Well so much for that idea. It's too incriminating.
>>
>>1167774
>It's too incriminating.

What do you mean by that?
>>
>>1167778
Thailand is NOT Singapore. People don't realize this, but prostitution is actually illegal there, same with Las Vegas and other places where people automatically assume that it's legal even though it isn't

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/17/thailand-is-closed-to-sex-tourism-says-countrys-first-female-tou/
>>
>>1167629
Just get something that's right next to Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. The walk of shame through the streets with the hooker on your arm is far worse than the hotel entrance IMO. The hotels right around the red light areas are used to it so there's less shame.

Or go to a short time hotel around there. Then they won't even know your name. I think some gogos even have them upstairs.
>>
>>1167784
People do realize it that is illegal but defacto not. Have you ever actually been to Thailand?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.