[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm traveling to Italy in March or April. Where can I go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

I'm traveling to Italy in March or April.

Where can I go to get a taste of real italian pizza? Price is not an issue, as long as it isn't something absurd.

Thank you fellow travelers.
>>
trastavere in Rome has the best pizza in the city
>>
>>1159422
Any specific pizzeria you'd recommend?
>>
>>1159420
kabob shop while drunk at 3am in Milan
>>
>>1159420
Chicago. just get life insurance before you go
>>
>>1159420
Naples. The pizza in the US is based on their style.
>>
>>1159420
Best Italian pizza in the world was won by some Japanese guy pretty consistently and I wouldn't be surprised if Japan has more michelin stars for Italian food than Italy does
>>
>>1159420
I love Pizza Brian near Caorle, appearantly he won worlds best pizza a few years ago. Prizes are actually below average.

facebook BrianPizzeria
>>
>>1159533
>I wouldn't be surprised if Japan has more michelin stars for Italian food than Italy does
Mostly due to salty French judges.
>>
>>1159618
Also because Italians don't really understand pizza.

>>1159420
OP, please eat other Italian food. The pizza there is just going to disappoint.
>>
>>1159635

Obese amurrican who can't manage without greasy toppings detected.

To op: generally Naples, there is also good pizza in northern italy but you gotta avoid places with tourists or university students.
>>
in italy there's a significative difference between the way pizza is made in north and south. Originally pizza is born in Neaples but you can find good pizza in almost every city, so there isn't a place I can recommend; I personally prefer the pizza made in south italy.
>>
I feel like Naples had the best pizza by far.
'
they also had the best hash

totally grungy city though
>>
>>1159420
If you are an American, you will find most Italian pizza to be awful. I threw out the slice, and decided to eat, you know, real Italian food instead of just spaghetti and meatballs.
>>
>>1159790
What's the difference between north and south Italian pizza?
>>
>>1159635
>Italians don't really understand pizza
bruh
>>
>>1159635
>Also because Italians don't really understand pizza.

*Americans don't understand they bastardise everything they idolise.
>>
>>1159906
>>1159652
>>1159927
Americans do plenty of awful things to food, but their pizza is way better than Italian. It's not an appetizer for starters.
>>
>>1159420
The Stop Liking What I Don't Like is strong in this thread.

Some of my favorite pizza I ran across in Berck sur Mer in France -- almost a puff-pastry crust, and some really interesting sauces/toppings.
Now I want to go back to Berck...
>>
>>1160032
Wow, I'm sure OP will really appreciate your comment about France in his thread about Italy.
>>
>Multiple people recommending Naples
Isn't that city really bad and dangerous?
>>
>>1160009
Tubbo detected
>>
>>1160058

If you're American, it's probably safer than any of your big cities
>>
I went to random restaurants/trattoriats/whatever in Rome, pizza there was average.
Then I went to Nettuno and had some pizza at a mom & pop pizzeria and it was great.
>>
>>1160074
How was the pizza different?
One was crispier than the other? Different ingredients? Quantity of sauce?
>>
>>1159432
Kek
>>
>>1159420
Real Italian pizza is easy as Fuck to find. I mean really Italy is not like France where you have to either know people or spend 60eur to get decent food.

If you want real Italian look for a fire oven and a place where people are Italian, sure you can go different places for variations but generally speaking you will have amazing pizza doing this
>>
>>1160175
U wot lad

good food is easy to find in France. Just go to any super marché lmao
>>
>>1160009
Amerifag detected. Go eat a 4in tall chicaco pizza.
>>
>>1159895
Basically in north the pizza is thinner (sottile) in south is a little taller(verace). Also you should try the simple type, one or two topping max. No fucking chicken or beef or shit like that. Also peperoni in italy are bell pepper, if you want spicy sausage is called "salamino piccante".
>>
>>1160065
>>1160283
Hey good argument! Well better than Italian pizza at least.
>>
>>1159531
>>1159791
>>1160058
>>1159652
You know why Naples has the best pizza? It's because they use buffalo milk.
>>
>>1160288
Is north pizza crispier?
I've just read Naples pizza is soft and elastic. That doesn't sound any good.

>>1160371
But having buffalo milk... that's a big plus.
>>
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-05-26-pizza-rules_x.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza#Overview
>>
>>1160371
i think naples pizza is kinda thicker but soft, while here in rome is much "thinner" and a bit burned. all depends on your taste.
if you go to rome, i reccomend you Pizzeria ai marmi in Trastevere https://www.tripadvisor.it/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1014758-Reviews-Pizzeria_Ai_Marmi-Rome_Lazio.html
or pizzeria Forum, (near to colosseo) if you want to try a pizza of a more "naples" kind http://pizzaforumroma.com/
>>
>>1160418
Yes, is crispier. Btw I prefer tall pizza vs thin, is a matter of taste. Italianfag here.
>>
>>1159420
OP, Pizza is a cheap food. Cheap means that is a poor food, not poorly cooked or poorly assembled with bad ingredients. Price wise, never pay more than 10 euros for a pizza. In most places in southern italy you can eat a great margherita for 4/5 euros.
Also, try to avoid sliced pizza. Real pizza must be served on a plate.

I would say that Napoli and Salerno have by far the best pizzas in Italy.

>>1159533
keep in mind that there are plenty of ''hidden'' places in italy in which you can eat amazing food, owners barely give a fuck about michelin or other guides and awards here. Many are'nt even listed on tripadvisor, go figure.
>>
>>1160009
>Americans do plenty of awful things to food, but their pizza is way better than Italian. It's not an appetizer for starters.

Actually American pizza is called an entré. Entré is a French word for appetizer....
>>
(Speaking with my Roman brother in law while we're in Rome) Rome has two types of pizza, thin crisp crust is common street food as its registry makes it easier to eat on the go. Decent restaurants have a thicker softer base pizza that can be more oily and eaten with cutlery.
A quintessential Roman crisp crust pizza we had today was tomato base with mortadelle meat slices and a soft white cheese similar to mozzarella. The mushroom sausage and pecerino cheese was also delicious. And as anon already mentioned peperoni in italy are bell pepper, if you want spicy sausage is called "salamino piccante", and it's so much better than US pepperoni.

We got pizza at Largo Magna Grecia, 22, 00183 Roma, Italy.
>>
>>1160459
This fratello said it all OP.
>>
>>1160576
>>1160459
>>1160425

Thanks a lot, guys.
I can't wait to try all kinds of pizza on my visit to Italy.
I think a thing and crispy Roman-style pizza will be the one I'll love the most. Especially if it comes with buffalo mozzarella, although that's more of a Naples thing.
>>
>>1160056
I was commetning on the diversty of pizza, and how people like different things.

Presumably by now OP has plenty of good ideas about pizza in Italy. If he can;t find a place to eat decent pizza in Italy, he may be doing it wrong.
>>
File: yo dog its pizza.jpg (112KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
yo dog its pizza.jpg
112KB, 475x360px
>>1160575
Wait, do you seriously contend that the word "entré" in the US to mean appetizer?
>>
>>1159424
in Rome get it at "Ivo a Trastevere"

in Naples get it at "Il Presidente"
>>
File: 234050.jpg (30KB, 450x573px) Image search: [Google]
234050.jpg
30KB, 450x573px
As an Italian, I can confirm the best Pizza is in Naples.

HOWEVER, there are many tourist traps.

To go to a good Pizzeria in Naples, you need to go to one with a long line and where very few people seem tourists.

Here the names of the best pizzerias

http://www.ilmattino.it/mangiaebevi/le_news/le_classifiche_mattino_le_20_migliori_pizzerie_di_napoli-201671.html
>>
>>1161004
That's what it means in the rest of the world.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.