[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never been in another country in my life, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (10KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
10KB, 800x400px
I have never been in another country in my life, and I'm pretty ignorant on travelling.

Say, I want to plan a trip to Canada to watch a sports event and get to know the city, but I'm kind of clueless on where to start. How do I even begin planning those things?
>>
>>1158617
Do you have a passport?
>>
>>1158622
Yes to passport, and yes to being elegible to travel in Canada, although I didn't apply to it (and won't do it these days since I'm not doing it right now)
>>
>>1158625
There are two sorts of things you need to do.
One is to research the city itself, using such tools as web sites and guidebooks. Even old guidebooks such as you might find in a library or used bookstore can be useful.

The other thing is to look into transportation and lodging. For flights, I typically use a web site like the old travelocity to get an idea of which airlines are suitable, and approximate costs, but book on the airline's website itself. For lodging, i usually go for hotels, sometimes B&Bs, using a mix of current guidebooks, websites, and familiar hotel chains. Hostels, Airbnb, and even couchsurfing are also popular with people here on /trv/.

Try to assemble a combination that meets your budget and time constraints before booking anything. Some people just wing it, but I wouldn't recommend that for you.
>>
>>1158617
go to thailand and get some hookers for a couple weeks, its great. Don't worry about visas and all that bullshit, just let go and hop on a flight. Check out some muy thai fights, drink with some brits and fuck gooks. You'll never regret it.
>>
>>1159419
>thailand
Nice meme
>>
Don't go to Toronto. It's a shithole. Visit small quaint towns in Canada i recommend Tobermory Ontario also stay a few nights at Bruce Peninsula national park
>>
>>1159429
I was thinking Calgary.
>>
>>1159430
k good . anywhere but Toronto.
>>
>>1158617
>doesn't state where he's from

Why is it only Americans who do this?
>>
Avril Lavigne hot hot
>>
Are you going to watch a particular sporting event in calgary? Why are you being so damn vague when you are looking for advice? Give us something to go on if you want something in return.

Anywho, I stayed in a hostel in Vancouver and they had hella cheap canucks tickets through the hostel. Went to a game with a bunch of other tourists and had a great ol time. Finding a decent social hostel seems like a good way to get to know a good intro to the city. I've also found it worthwhile to read the wikipedia page on whatever city you might visit. might give you some ideas on the lifestyle in the city and some sites to check out.
>>
>>1159473
I wanted to watch Hockey indeed, but I have this weird fetish of go sightseeing like a moron, going to outskirts and walking on public transport. I like that, don't ask me why.
>>
Montreal. A city that feels foreign because of the French background. Great restaurants,cool nightlife and shopping.
>>
>>1159528
>Great restaurants,cool nightlife and shopping.
Which are, unironically, stuff I don't like.
>>
>>1159510
You could ride the C train to get the public transport feel.

If you don't rent a car, you should still go to the Rockies. The timing is shitty, but you can take a greyhound or a more expensive and convenient shuttle.

Dinosaur provincial park is interesting if you haven't spent much time in a desert.
>>
>>1159595
I have the strong feeling Calgary might be perfect for me. Of course, if tickets are obtainable.
>>
File: c train.jpg (132KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
c train.jpg
132KB, 620x349px
wtf i love the c train now
>>
First considerations are eligibility. You said you have a passport, if its valid come on over to Canada! Consider your daily budget, and make sure that covers your trips minimums. Remember you get extra CAD for your USD.
1 US Dollar equals 1.29 Canadian Dollar

Second, figure out your food and sleep. Hostels are great, but expect to share a room and make friends.

Third, figure out what you want to do.

Fourth pack what you definitely need, not what you want. Clothes, a toothbrush, and a wallet for me. Fill the bags you need to bring with things you want, books, art supplies, games, whatever. You will LOVE packing light because it lets you move freely. Remember you are going to see a new city, and meet new people, not play vidya.

Bring a few hearty snacks (or acquire upon arrival) because sometimes you'll find yourself without access to food due to not knowing where you are. Jerky, pepperoni, or trailmix is my fave.
If you're going to Calgary, say so definitively and I can give you my friends numba, he'll take you to a pub and make sure you don't die of exposure in the night. He also may know good stuffs to do.

I'm in Vancouver, similar offer applies.
Travel rules! Do it! Go to Canada!
>>
What the fuck is there to do in Canada?
>>
>>1160975
Think of Canada as Diet USA.
>>
>>1160975
I live in Toronto, the unambiguously most interesting part of Canada.

There is literally nothing to do in Canada that can't be done for cheaper in America.
>>
>>1161405
What is Health care?

It's like you wanted to be wrong within a couple of seconds i
>>
>>1161424
Our healthcare system isn't a goddamn tourist attraction you mongoloid. Check yourself into a hospital at once and receive your government-funded lobotomy at once you greasy floor-tile of a person.
>>
>>1161405
lmao this post exemplifies why everyone hates Torontonians
>>
File: 1473555798980.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1473555798980.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>>1161405
>Toronto, the unambiguously most interesting part of Canada.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.