[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Disneyland threads allowed here? Looked in the catalog and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: decal1.jpg (800KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
decal1.jpg
800KB, 1280x723px
Are Disneyland threads allowed here? Looked in the catalog and archive, didn't see any for people who just like Disneyland.

>favorite ride
>favorite food
>best tip
>unpopular opinion

And other general discussion.
>>
>>1157347
My Goofy Tolerance is pretty low, so I don't get into Disney parks -- but I've seen threads about them here before. So good luck with it.
>>
File: 3946709870_3f67488532.jpg (157KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
3946709870_3f67488532.jpg
157KB, 500x334px
Their railroad is very legit for a theme park railroad. They have five steam engines running and three of them are historic (one of them was built in 1894). It's a big reason why so many other American theme parks have full-size steam railroads: to emulate Disneyland.
>>
>>1157347
Im gonna be in LA for 3 days next week. how much would a day there cost me?
>>
>>1157495
Around $100 or so
>>
>>1157479
Disney was a hardcore train otaku. So was Ward Kimball one of his animators. Kimball had this pre WW1 and 2 train layout that was unreal plus a second layout for European trains.
>>
>>1157593
wait did they just filter out a u t i s t into autist ?
>>
>>1157576

It's around $85 to even get in the place and can be even more expensive on peak days.
>>
>no tron ride in the us
Boooo
>>
>>1157594
autist
>>
>>1157639
I would say the same thing about Shanghai not having a legit train ride around the perimeter.

It's supposed to be a primary component of Disneyland-clone parks. If you read the history of the original Disneyland, besides the main reason of creating a steady revenue stream for the studio, Walt Disney also used it as a excuse to have his own full-size steam train layout. There are stories of him changing into train engineer clothes above his apartment in the Disneyland fire department building on Main Street, sending one of the regular engineers on break, and driving the train with park guests on board.
>>
>>1157593
>plus a second layout for European trains.

I'm fully aware of Kimball's Grizzly Flats Railroad, but I was not aware of this 2nd layout for European trains. Care to elaborate?

Side note: the coordinates for the home of Kimball (now deceased), where the Grizzly Flats Railroad once stood are these: 34.118714°N 118.074664°W (if you look carefully, you can see the foundation footers for the depot building, which is now on the private railroad of some random guy named John Lasseter).
>>
>>1158177
His train room was divided into two sections. One for the older American trains and the other for prewar European trains. Probably Bing and Marklin. The station in the Euro layout had papier-mache people and holder for candles you could light the station. TM Video put out the Kimball layout in their VHS and DVD catalog.
>>
>>1157495
Disney now prices tickets according to how busy it'll be. The cheapest, $95 for one-day one-park. The most expensive, $120. You can probably check the Disneyland website the day of, but this calendar will give you some sense of what the price may be.

http://www.isitpacked.com/disneyland-crowd-forecast-predictor-calendar/

A one-day park hopper is around $150. You can easily spend an entire day at Disneyland, same for California Adventure. One day is not enough for both parks IMO.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.