[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning a trip in eastern Europe with a friend of mine.We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: eastern-europe.png (361KB, 2000x1452px) Image search: [Google]
eastern-europe.png
361KB, 2000x1452px
I'm planning a trip in eastern Europe with a friend of mine.We plan on going to Chisinau (Moldova),Tiraspol (Transnistria),Kiev (Ukraine) and if we have money Minsk (Belarus).My friend has been to Moldova before so he knows how things work there.But none of us have been to any of the other countries so can /trv/ help us?We'll be going in early august next year probably.
-How is the situation in Kiev right now,and Ukraine in general?I'm talking about crime rate and how the war is going (most news says it mostly ended)
-How are the prices in these places?I'm talking about hotels/hostels,food(restaurant,fast food,groceries),cigarettes,beer/wine/vodka.
-In Transnistria we've read that you can stay for 24 hours without needing to pay for a visa or something like that.I know moldovans are treated badly there and romanians even worse,any tips for ,,survival" in Tiraspol,what to avoid,what to see,how should we act?
-Is Minsk a dangerous place?Is Belarus in general dangerous for tourists?What should we avoid there and what should we see?
-Bus prices from Chisinau to Kiev,Kiev to Minsk,and what would be the most efficient way to travel back?(we'll research this ourselves too,but we were thinking if there was a cheaper way that only locals knew)
-What are the prices for tours of Prypiat and Chernobyl?
Thanks lads
>>
>>1157173
We're Romanians,forgot to mention that
>>
Transnistria is super safe. No issues at all in Tiraspol. It's also cheap. If you stay at the "Tiraspol hostel" say hi to the owner Tim (American). Just mind the 24hr limit and get out in time, remembering it can take a long time to get a bus. Also remember that if you go in to Transnistria from Ukraine and out in Moldova they won't like it and possibly give you headaches at the Moldovan border.

Minsk is also very safe. No issues at all. Remember that you need a visa in advance though which takes some work to get.
>>
>>1157295
Thanks!
Any idea what might happen if we stayed more than 24 hrs,just curious.Since we are Romanians who,from what i read,are very discriminated there,we were planning on going there early in the morninng and leaving sometime in the afternoon.
Also what can we see/do in Tiraspol?Interent isn't very helpful with this.
>>
>>1157173
>-How is the situation in Kiev right now,and Ukraine in general?I'm talking about crime rate and how the war is going (most news says it mostly ended)

Conflict has been totally frozen for a while. What a lot of people forget is that the Russian Federation literally forced the DNR and LNR to halt their offensive when they were completely breaking the back of the Kievan army.

>-Is Minsk a dangerous place?Is Belarus in general dangerous for tourists?What should we avoid there and what should we see?

Belarus is probably the safest country in Europe.
>>
>>1157173
Transnistria is safe, don't worry about it - it's just unusual. Make sure you visit the monastery and ask one of the monks to take you on a tour of the place. It was my highlight of Transnistria. If that place was in Rome or Paris or wherever, it would have massive queues.
>>
>>1157528
>>1157502
Thank you!
>>
last year i went to transnistria and it was just 10 hours to go out of the country or you have to register

you also might have problems if you re-enter moldova in case you exit the country from transnistria in which case you wont get moldavian exit stamp

also you need to have a visa and an invitation letter ( which i think implies a reserved hotel, not sure about this tho ) for belarus, i hope you already knew that before otherwise you're retarded
>>
>>1157174
kek, they really don't like romanians there in transnistria.
anyway all of these places are safer than bucharest.
>>
>>1157173
Visited Ukraine this past summer so I'll help you with that.

>How is the situation in Kiev right now, and Ukraine in general? I'm talking about crime rate and how the war is going (most news says it mostly ended)
When I visited I was alone and just wandered the city on foot. I experienced no trouble at all. I stayed at a friend's place south of the metro station Beresteiska so I did see the suburbs too. Most of my exploring was confined to Podil and from Maiden to university and the surrounding area. However, my friend warned me from venturing alone to the neighborhoods of Kiev on the east side of the Dnepr river. He told me I was almost guaranteed to get stabbed or robbed. Oh and beware because almost no one on the streets speak any English at all, including police and shopkeeps. The civil unrest ended years ago and I experienced nothing. Most I was saw soldiers in uniform transiting.

>How are the prices in these places? I'm talking about hotels/hostels, food (restaurant, fast food, groceries), cigarettes, beer/wine/vodka.
Extremely cheap. The last night I left my friends place to stay in an Airbnb so I could shower up and go out at night without bothering him. I stayed in a centrally located luxury apartment for like 25€. Also in Lviv and Odessa I paid less than 20€ a night for luxury holiday flats to myself. Beer and cigarettes are cheap too. Even though I don't smoke I remember seeing cigarettes for sale around 12-15UAH which is like less than 0,50€. A huge plate of pasta in a restaurant near Maiden was 50UAH. I met a girl and took her out for dinner at a tourist restaurant in Lviv and paid 12€ for the two of us and I had steak and drinks as well. 12 shots in a bar was 2€

Post too long so I'll continue with a follow up post.
>>
>>1157619
>In Transnistria we've read that you can stay for 24 hours without needing to pay for a visa or something like that. I know moldovans are treated badly there and romanians even worse, any tips for ,,survival" in Tiraspol, what to avoid, what to see, how should we act?
On my way from Kiev to Odessa I came quite close to Transistria but didn't quite enter. I heard that the border guards are extremely corrupt and will most likely extort you. If they do attempt to extort you ask to speak to the police or threaten to call the embassy. It's usually easier if you travel by bus or train and not alone by car.

>Bus prices from Chisinau to Kiev, Kiev to Minsk, and what would be the most efficient way to travel back? (we'll research this ourselves too,but we were thinking if there was a cheaper way that only locals knew)
The roads in Ukraine are REALLY bad so I wouldn't recommend taking buses. I road trains everywhere I went just like most everyone else. I rode first class in one of the new high speed trains for about 8€. An overnight 12 hour journey was about 6€. If you do ride the trains just bring your own food because there are no dining cars.

>What are the prices for tours of Prypiat and Chernobyl?
About 100€ per person. It was far too expensive so I didn't go.

Sorry I couldn't help you with Belarus. I've never been there. Nonetheless I hope this helps. FYI I did all of my traveling solo as a 20 year old western European who speaks no Russian and it was fairly easy.
>>
>>1157620
>>1157619
thank you,lots of usefull information there!
Could you please explain what you meant by calling an embassy?I imagine that since transnistria is a breakaway state they don't have embasies since no one recognizes them,should we call the one in Chisinau?
Also since,as i said,these people hate romanians me and my friend were thinking of speaking in english in the streets,would this be necesary?I know there are romanian speakers there but i imagine that since they are moldovans they speak with a very specific accemt that is easily recognisable and people would know that we are not locals
>>
>>1157722
It most likely won't come down to this but just in case it does I wanted to include this. You wouldn't actually call the embassy, just threaten to call it. It sounds intimidating to the border guards but realistically it's just a bluff. However, if you do get arrested by Transnistrian border guards for refusing to pay extortion fees then you probably do want to call somebody, preferrably the local police, the embassy in Chisinau, or the head of police in Tiraspol. Tourism is a vital industry in Transnistria and is one of the few industries bringing in foreign cash and if tourists continuously get extorted they won't continue to come. Because of this, the police want to crack down on corruption against tourists so they will be willing to help. Recently there are Russian peacekeeping troops stationed on the border crossing so it is much safer now.

I don't know anything about hate towards Romanians. I'm not Romanian and I haven't actually been to Transnistria. I highly doubt you'll get attacked on the streets just for speaking Romanian though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.